New Adventureland bridge open (pic)

durangojim

Perhaps they could have flattened half of the bridge and then made a climbing wall on the other half. That way everyone would be happy.:lol:

Tom

Beta Return
Perhaps they could have flattened half of the bridge and then made a climbing wall on the other half. That way everyone would be happy.:lol:

Or programmed it to randomly rock back and forth like the Safari bridge (when working). That would be fun!

Victor Kelly

Oh god my world is at an end. My life is over. The bridge is flat. Oh dear lord in heaven no.

Now that my sarcasm filter is working again........................It really makes no differance to me. But could we be mature adults for once and leave the stroller, ecv, wheelchair debate, and flaming for another thread.

Jeeez, every thread on here lately has become an arguement at one point or another.

draybook

Meet both ways? I assume you mean something like "meet halfway", but how is the person who can't walk supposed to meet us halfway? Only half the attractions need to be accessible? Or only half the walkways need to be convenient for those who can't walk? We're talking about a bridge here, and flattening it makes the trip much easier for a group of people who, generally, face obstacles doing normal things that the rest of us could never dream of.

Now, of course I'm speaking for myself, but I can't see the fun in not being able to walk and going to the parks. You get wheeled to every attraction, then have to load/unload at each one. Then you get to go through the same process to get back across the lagoon, into/out of the tram and back in your car/Disney bus.

mgf

Now, of course I'm speaking for myself, but I can't see the fun in not being able to walk and going to the parks. You get wheeled to every attraction, then have to load/unload at each one. Then you get to go through the same process to get back across the lagoon, into/out of the tram and back in your car/Disney bus.

I am not sure if you are being literal or not, but this comes of as incredibly insensitive and ignorant. You may want to be more careful in your phrasing. I am not sure if you are supporting making things accessible or saying you can't see why a disabled person should want to come to Disney because they cannot walk. Since this is the internet and I can't know your inflection/tone, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. If you did in fact intend the latter meaning then shame on you.

disneyrcks

Wow I never knew I was a member of a site that contained people with such grand abilities! Those of you who can determine a persons ability over disability should try to get your own show. You know, instead of those psychic ghost hunter shows you can be the psychic that knows who really has a disability and who is faking show. You can train with the guess your age and weight people at carnivals.

Sarcasim aside it is really, really sad that some of you make such bold statements. You have no idea what is going on inside someones body that may make them need an ECV or wheelchair. Don't even bring up the obesity thing because their condition may have caused that. And yes some people can still stand and walk some but maybe not all day so they require the assistance of an ECV or wheelchair. The people that may abuse the system are in the minority. Those who really need it are the majority.
Please psychic disability detectors give your BS a rest, it is getting pathetic.

007mickey

Back to some light-hearted fun...they should have installed a barrel bridge similar to TSI. What's more fun than buckling knees and rolling ankles! It's a must for my family every trip.

djkidkaz

New Adventureland sign has been added:

none2.jpg

Photo courtesy of Crushinat0r

Old sign:
none.jpg

hpyhnt 1000

Hmm...interesting that they chose a completely new design for the sign. I see some additional theming has been added to the support poles as well.

The new sign is sweet, I always thought the old one looked too Jurassic Park-ish...well done

I can see that now that you mention it. I actually think the new sign looks a bit piratey. Its not bad; it'll just take some time to get used to it. :shrug:

PurpleRose

I like the new sign. I agree that the old one, while it did look cool, did look a big Jurassic Park-ish. I think it's an improvement.

SirNim

Whaaa...?! Oh no, I kinda like the old sign better. :shrug: The old design was a bit more lighthearted and tongue-in-cheek... And I hope those spears are coming back as well...

Glasgow

New sign = visible progress

Makes the standard visitor say "Oh look, they changed something" -yeah, it's not much, but it's something. If you leave the old sign I think there is a tendency to say "Meh, nothing much was changed."

Also might indicate further changes are yet to come .. please step inside the 'new' adventureland ..

enoe01

I like the new flat bridge and the new sign. It is good to see some things refreshed and reimigined! Good Job TDO!

Oh yeah I believe it is Tokyo Disneyland that has no curbs on Mainstreet with paintings to look like curbs and roadways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom