New Adventureland bridge open (pic)

Mickey_777

I like the old sign better. The new one makes the entire land look like Pirates-land to me (although I guess the old sign was tiki-centric anyway).

But I'm still happy with the change, since the flatter bridge is the most important part.

It looks universally Adventureland to me. Adventuresome in a universal way. Not Tiki. Not Pirate-ish.

Husband? What was all that 'one in a million' talk?

LOL you read my mind.

WDWRLD

actuall looking at that newest picture it looks like the adventureland singage used in the old Wonderful orld Of Disnety TV shows. Tha additions do look nice but I still liked the old bridge and sign....

ml123_9

This was all done for the sake of load speed at the bus stop.
The old peaked bridge had a grade that exceeded the high speed gearing of the scooters, requiring a downshift. This caused excessive battery drain.
After running the remainder of the day, even while using such charge saving tricks like taking the shortest routes in front of people, and bump drafting using walking peoples shins and calves, the battery was pretty much discharged by the time of arrival at the bus stop.
At this point, the scooters, overloaded as they typically are, requires extended time to climb the bus ramp, even with the bus driver pushing. After loading multiple scooters each bus load, the schedules were thrown off.
It was just cheaper and easier to flatten out the bridge than to buy tow vehicles and flatbeds to get the busses back on schedule.

I was just thinking the same thing. We all know how people hate to wait for a bus that's running late due to some dead scooter batteries and bus drivers with bad backs from pushing scooters all day long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom