New Adventureland bridge open (pic)

PhilharMagician

Looks good for now to at least get traffic through there. There is no theming done to the bridge yet, so they will be adding some life to it soon.

That was alway fun pushing my mother inlaw over in her wheel chair. It is great when someone stops right in front of you when holding back on a wheelchair rolling down off of that bridge. It is even worse at Epcot at the International Gateway area.
I almost never see anyone look behind them before they stop dead in thier tracks right in the walkways. There has to be a few casualties every year on these hills.

DougK

LOL, I was waiting for the first of these! I guess it's to be expected, though.

The curved bridge was the only reason my family went to Walt Disney World.

Disneyland is getting three new curved bridges next year.

I'm sure they did this to save money.

All of this Wal-Marting just annoys me.

We will be cancelling our future vacations.

jakeman

The curved bridge was the only reason my family went to Walt Disney World.

Disneyland is getting three new curved bridges next year.

I'm sure they did this to save money.

All of this Wal-Marting just annoys me.

We will be cancelling our future vacations.
Oh Doug, you did that wrong!

You can't actually act on your displeasure. You need to keep going to WDW and just complain about it the whole time! :p

juniorthomas

(I love how I'm actually about to complain about a bridge in Walt Disney World. Isn't the internet wonderful?!)

I liked the arched bridge better.

trr1

I really hope there's gonna be more to it than what's in that picture plus a sign that says 'ADVENTURELAND'. :lookaroun What happened to all the theming?

adventureland.jpg
260463658.jpg

here are the two together

stratman50th

This was all done for the sake of load speed at the bus stop.
The old peaked bridge had a grade that exceeded the high speed gearing of the scooters, requiring a downshift. This caused excessive battery drain.
After running the remainder of the day, even while using such charge saving tricks like taking the shortest routes in front of people, and bump drafting using walking peoples shins and calves, the battery was pretty much discharged by the time of arrival at the bus stop.
At this point, the scooters, overloaded as they typically are, requires extended time to climb the bus ramp, even with the bus driver pushing. After loading multiple scooters each bus load, the schedules were thrown off.
It was just cheaper and easier to flatten out the bridge than to buy tow vehicles and flatbeds to get the busses back on schedule.

:D

Texas84

Hate it, but I understand it. I have pushed a wheelchair over that bridge and I can see how someone might lose control.

ChristianG

The sign will probably be added again. I guess that thy just needed to get that bridge open again to help crowd flow in Adventureland. Looks great though!

I for one am very glad that they made it flat. No more having to push my mother up and over that thing for no reason. Espeically trying to get through heavy crowds when people like to just stop right in front of you and then when you accidently hit them get upset with you.....:fork:

So I like it :D

rkelly42

I really do not mind at all that the bridge is flat now, if it makes it easier for those with wheelchairs and strollers then it has been done for good reasoning. I just hope they get the theme back up on the bridge soon that is one part I would miss if they did not bring that back.

boufa

You are all missing the point. In the end it does not matter if you liked the old bridge or not, Disney is still in the US, and in America we have politicians who decide everything. If the old bridge was not legal (ADA compliant) then it had to go. Sure it might have been grandfathered in until it was repaired. But now it must meet code.

And do you blame Disney. Everyone is looking for that legal lawsuit lottery ticket that is going to get them Millions they did not earn. (ie the segway ADA lawsuit). I would not be surprised to see even more of these things over the years. How long until Main Street is flat from one side to the other. The curbs could be considered an unreasonable barrier. I can some day see them rehabing the area, and making it look like a street with sidewalks, when in reality it is one wide paved area with cement for the "sidewalks" and blacktop for the "street" area and no elevation change between them. Minor, maybe, but do that all over the park, to every little thing and collectively you end up with a parking lot with rides.

draybook

You are all missing the point. In the end it does not matter if you liked the old bridge or not, Disney is still in the US, and in America we have politicians who decide everything. If the old bridge was not legal (ADA compliant) then it had to go. Sure it might have been grandfathered in until it was repaired. But now it must meet code.

And do you blame Disney. Everyone is looking for that legal lawsuit lottery ticket that is going to get them Millions they did not earn. (ie the segway ADA lawsuit). I would not be surprised to see even more of these things over the years. How long until Main Street is flat from one side to the other. The curbs could be considered an unreasonable barrier. I can some day see them rehabing the area, and making it look like a street with sidewalks, when in reality it is one wide paved area with cement for the "sidewalks" and blacktop for the "street" area and no elevation change between them. Minor, maybe, but do that all over the park, to every little thing and collectively you end up with a parking lot with rides.

QFT. In the end, we'll have a flat land with rides to accommodate all of the lazy people that don't feel like using their puny little sticks to get around.

bgraham34

It would not surprise me one bit if in 10 years there are no curbs on Main Street.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

You did know that the "Segway" lawsuit resulted in no millions being paid, and Segways still not being used in the parks, right? Oh, and the curb "issue?" Well, as long as ramps are available, Disney is ADA-compliant

janoimagine

You did know that the "Segway" lawsuit resulted in no millions being paid, and Segways still not being used in the parks, right? Oh, and the curb "issue?" Well, as long as ramps are available, Disney is ADA-compliant

I think you missed his point, he was inserting the Segway lawsuit into the frivolous million dollar everyday walmart lawsuits that have become so commonplace in society today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom