Never in July at AS Music

:mad: :brick: When I tell yoy vacation from H___ I mean it. We were awake every night all night. We had 641 kids from Brazil in our building. They played soccer all night down in front of Broadway. Skinny dipping, running through the food court knocking people down. Screaming and yelling when they came back from the parks and buying egga God only knows where and having egg fights. From the time we checked 7/13 till the day we left 7/22 it was constant. We called security on our cell phone because our phone never worked in our room the whole time. Called about that and they finally had a guy come the last day and he couldn't fix it. Finally to top everything one night our room keys didn't work. We were locked out 45 minutes until engineering showed up. I went to the front desk after enough is enough and complained and do you know they just wanted to give me fast passes to the park. We told them no and we should get something better than that. They finally gave us 2 nights back on my credit card. They knew this when we checked in because other people already had complained. Can anyone top this.:cry:

dolbyman

Glad you can sit back and smile, wave, etc...Have YOU ever forked out thousands of dollars for a WDW vacation and had those tour groups almost ruin it? If not, then let the rest of us vent and come up with solutions in peace. :mad:

not exactly ruin .. but one month ago I had:
- the mother of all battering ram partys (families with uneccesarry strollers to carry around their 13 y/o childs .. but mostly bags, and picnic utilities)
- screaming children on each ride (mostly mexican).. just to ruin it for the other riders
- little children spitting in your neck on rides and the mother is just smiling when you ask for the reason
- drunken mexicans shoving and pushing in queues
but I won't get involved in this because (like ...really "involved" risking a throw out of the park) I know .. they are living much closer to the parks than I do .. and they can come back anytime .. but not me

and speaking about money .. the trip from germany to CA is quite expensive ...

jmicro59 said:
For what, stating my own personal opinion and frustration with WDW for not doing anything about this? Yeah OK lock it down then.

you can surely state your expression but not with calling other people.... , no I won't repeat what you said .. you can express that using other words

and I'm just saying that threads complaining about the cheerleader,brazilian, whatnot groups always end up being deleted for becoming rude hate threads

Upvote 0

majortom1981

hmm

i have had worse. During 4th of july old key west was HORRIBLE. They wanted us to buy compeltely new 7 day park hopper passes because the desk was too lazy to look us up in the computer. IT took me actually yelling at them to get them to look me up and do their job. They didnt even have the room reservations at first. I had to physically get out my laptop and show them the email, and confirmation and everything.

I still had a good time though , even though I got stuck on space mountain and got wheeled into the maintanance dock for the ride for 30 min. (that mickey mouse picture made of pennies was cool).

I think the employee quality is getting worse. (no offense to any good employees who may be on this site)

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

not exactly ruin .. but one month ago I had:
- the mother of all battering ram partys (families with uneccesarry strollers to carry around their 13 y/o childs .. but mostly bags, and picnic utilities)
- screaming children on each ride (mostly mexican).. just to ruin it for the other riders
- little children spitting in your neck on rides and the mother is just smiling when you ask for the reason
- drunken mexicans shoving and pushing in queues
but I won't get involved in this because (like ...really "involved" risking a throw out of the park) I know .. they are living much closer to the parks than I do .. and they can come back anytime .. but not me

and speaking about money .. the trip from germany to CA is quite expensive ...

Seeing as how I live far away and can only go once every year at the most, I get very sensitive about rude guests. I didn't mean to snap so quickly.:animwink: Anway - back to what you were saying about what you saw. We actually saw two guys about 20ish spitting off of the TTA trying to hit people on the head walking underneath the ride. On Big Thunder Mountain, some teenage girls screamed from the start to finish of the ride. At one point my husband asked them to stop and they replied by leaning forward and screaming in my ears for the remainder of the ride.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

You know, if any of us go to another country, where we don't speak the language, and cause damage or break a law or a rule, we're still responsible for our behavior. If anything, being ignorant of a foreign land's (or resort's) policies because you perhaps don't speak the language should inspire people to be on their best possible behavior, so there's no chance of angering the natives. The same should be true of anyone who perhaps doesn't speak English coming to America and WDW. There should be a policy in place (if there isn't one already) that specifies that WDW reserves the right to kick out anyone whose behavior elicits complaints from other guests. Doesn't matter if you're an obnoxious individual, family or tour group. And if you're kicked out for unruly behavior, you don't get a refund.

Then, of course, WDW actually has to enforce that rule.

What bothers me most (and someone else has already brought it up) is that, at this point, WDW MUST know the awful stories of Brazilian tour groups, as they've heard awful stories of senior trips, cheerleader groups, etc. Now that they're beefing up security in DTD, maybe it's time to also beef up security throughout the resorts (especially the Values, which tends to be the category of choice for large groups, no offense meant to individuals and families who routinely stay in Values). Just knowing that they might be preventing damage to the resort and/or the rooms should make them consider more security.

The last thing I'd suggest, were anyone at WDW to ever read these boards, is to consider reclassifying or building a resort that exclusively caters to groups. Maybe some of the Western Beltway expansion could be inexpensive hostel-styled accommodations.

Upvote 0

brainpile3000

My least favorite part about their presence is their apparently uncontrollable for graphic displays of public affection.

Maybe Disney could force the groups to use company hired chaperones along side their own to ensure they are properly behaving. This could be quite an effective fix if you ask me.

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

You know, if any of us go to another country, where we don't speak the language, and cause damage or break a law or a rule, we're still responsible for our behavior. If anything, being ignorant of a foreign land's (or resort's) policies because you perhaps don't speak the language should inspire people to be on their best possible behavior, so there's no chance of angering the natives. The same should be true of anyone who perhaps doesn't speak English coming to America and WDW. There should be a policy in place (if there isn't one already) that specifies that WDW reserves the right to kick out anyone whose behavior elicits complaints from other guests. Doesn't matter if you're an obnoxious individual, family or tour group. And if you're kicked out for unruly behavior, you don't get a refund.

I'm sure they have it, and I'm sure it's not enforced. I agree with you 110% regarding being on your best behavior in a foreign land. The fact of the matter is that Disney is making a MINT off of these groups year in and year out. From a bottom line perspective, a few fastpasses or a few free nights to complainers is nothing compared to the money they're raking in from the groups. As Master Yoda has stated, they're not going to change for us simply because we're pennies to the dollar compared to these large groups. They're looking at it 180° backwards from our view, and will continue to do so until their bottom line takes a hit. If someone would video tape their antics, escapades and revelry, and have news programs (ala Dateline, etc.) pick up on it, the negative publicity MIGHT cause Disney to start cleaning up this mess that they so happily sweep under the rug.

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

Doesn't matter if you're an obnoxious individual, family or tour group. And if you're kicked out for unruly behavior, you don't get a refund.

Yes enforcement of this rule by WDW is Key. If they are not going to enforce it why have it?

And why can't they just refuse them to stay on site based on previous experiences? They will still come to the parks but at least the resorts would have a nicer atmosphere. I mean we all know the resorts will sell out during the summer anyway so WDW will still be making their money in that regard.
And it may be easier to enforce park rules and eject those people who can't seem to behave and not just have them return to their resort to be rude there.
The earlier mentioned idea of making it mandatory for the groups to shell out some money for Disney appointed chaperones wouldn't work because we are talking about a very large # of people. The cost of having to pay for this spread out over so many people would endup only costing a few dollars more per person.

I vote for refusing the group to stay based on previous and repeated behavior problems of this group.

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

The fact of the matter is that Disney is making a MINT off of these groups year in and year out. From a bottom line perspective, a few fastpasses or a few free nights to complainers is nothing compared to the money they're raking in from the groups.

They would still make this MINT if they refused to let them stay on-site. These rooms would still sell out to much better behaved guests who I am sure will by their tickets, eat their character meals and buy their stuffed toys and other souveniers.

Money from well behaved guests is better than money from badly behaved guests!!! If people enjoy their stay they will return and what if they didn't have to give out 2 free nights or fastpasses or whatever other GREASE they were trying to hand out?

Upvote 0

OneLuckyMom

They would still make this MINT if they refused to let them stay on-site. These rooms would still sell out to much better behaved guests who I am sure will by their tickets, eat their character meals and buy their stuffed toys and other souveniers.

Money from well behaved guests is better than money from badly behaved guests!!! If people enjoy their stay they will return and what if they didn't have to give out 2 free nights or fastpasses or whatever other GREASE they were trying to hand out?

It's not just about selling out July for Disney - it's also about how much of the turned-away demand walks away completely vs. how much of it just moves to another time period where it is not sold out.

Say the entire month of July all of the All Stars are completely booked by groups. Yes, there are plenty of families that would love to book the All Stars in July but now can't. But how many of them say let's just book a moderate instead? And how many of them say lets just go in June/August instead? Only if those families say forget it, let's go to the Grand Canyon instead is Disney ultimately out any money.

Disney takes the groups in July because that is when they can come. I suspect they also know that a large portion of their July family demand will not walk away, they will just book at a different time or at a more expensive resort (and trust me, Disney does the analysis to know down to a percentage point or two just how much demand will walk vs. move). The tour groups appear to be working just fine for Disney in that regard.

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

It's not just about selling out July for Disney - it's also about how much of the turned-away demand walks away completely vs. how much of it just moves to another time period where it is not sold out.

Say the entire month of July all of the All Stars all completely booked by groups. Yes, there are plenty of families that would love to book the All Stars in July but now can't. But how many of them just say let's just book a moderate instead? And how many of them just say lets just go in June/August instead? Only if those families say forget it, let's go to the Grand Canyon instead is Disney out any money.

Disney takes the groups in July because that is when they can come. I suspect they also know that a large portion of their July family demand will not walk away, they will just book at a different time or at a more expensive resort. The tour groups appear to be working just fine for Disney in that regard.

I was saying refuse the particular group that has obviously caused problems in the past and force them to stay off-site. I think most people know that the values are where groups stay and can deal with most groups of high school/ cheerleading groups that for the most part know how to behave. Also most people I think can deal with the normal teen/pre-teen behavior to an extent but from what I have heard this seems to go way above and beyond that and I think WDW would be right in refusing them to stay on-site.

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

Also you say the families that could not book at the All-Stars now book the Moderates because of these groups. But I am sure there are a number of families that are forced to stay off-site because of the cost difference?

Upvote 0

RickyMouseMom

Ok now I am scared. We are going to AS Movies Friday 8/3 until 8/11. Is my trip going to be ruined? Is the place going to be packed full with the Brazilian tour groups? We usually go in July, but stay at moderates, so we only would see them at the parks. This year we went twice, and to be able to do so we are staying at values. I really hope that our trip isnt ruined. We went in February to AS Movies and my kids loved it. Very quiet and calm. Now I am scared..:eek: . Does anyone know if they will still be there next week? :cry:

Upvote 0

OneLuckyMom

I was saying refuse the particular group that has obviously caused problems in the past and force them to stay off-site. I think most people know that the values are where groups stay and can deal with most groups of high school/ cheerleading groups that for the most part know how to behave. Also most people I think can deal with the normal teen/pre-teen behavior to an extent but from what I have heard this seems to go way above and beyond that and I think WDW would be right in refusing them to stay on-site.

The only way Disney is going to turn them away is if they are losing money on them in some way - e.g. damages to property that the group doesn't reimburse Disney for, truly LOST business from families due to bad press that outweighs the group business, etc. Right now, I suspect they are making plenty of money off of them.

I don't support Disney in this regard, but I think we all have to be realistic about this. If you want Disney to fix the problem, telling them you aren't going to book in July isn't going to do it, especially when they see you have a reservation for October! A lot of folks telling them they aren't booking AT ALL (and really doing it) might. And a well placed story in the news that causes a general downturn in demand (or at least fear of a downturn in demand) might.

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

The only way Disney is going to turn them away is if they are losing money on them in some way - e.g. damages to property that the group doesn't reimburse Disney for, truly LOST business from families due to bad press that outweighs the group business, etc. Right now, I suspect they are making plenty of money off of them.

I don't support Disney in this regard, but I think we all have to be realistic about this. If you want Disney to fix the problem, telling them you aren't going to book in July isn't going to do it, especially when they see you have a reservation for October! A lot of folks telling them they aren't booking AT ALL (and really doing it) might. And a well placed story in the news that causes a general downturn in demand (or at least fear of a downturn in demand) might.
But why would a company knowingly allow damages to property to take place year after year by the same group(even if they are reimbursed for it).... from a business perspective it doesn't make sense to me. I think if Disney gets alot of complaints they should still not allow said groups back.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

By golly, if I had to listen to the "Brazil, Brazil" chant I'd surely do my darndest to get everyone around me to drown them out with some "Dis-ney, Dis-ney" if not "USA, USA". Ya know?

I also had a Venezualan friend of mine teach me to say a few key phrases in spanish. Now I can subtly let the rude visitors who act like they don't speak english (like the one who bumped into one of my sons, when he said excuse me politely she looked him up and down like a bug) that I have their number, too. :lol:

Just for the record, the Brazil people speak Portugese.

:)

Upvote 0

awitelin

And a well placed story in the news that causes a general downturn in demand (or at least fear of a downturn in demand) might.

Bad publicity is always much more effective than angry customer complaints. Can you imagine, a few bad articles in/on the more popular travel magazines/websites would probably drive their customer relations department batty. They are very protective of their image.

Upvote 0

dvitali

I want to know if they were there for a tourament or for a vacation? If for a tourament then they should be spending most of the day at Wide World of Sport Complex instead at the parks getting ready for their game. These tour groups should have their own resort built closer to the sport complex (maybe with bunk beds and less resorts priviledges) for the lower cost they paid to come to florida. And maybe after their group lose or the tourament is over they should immeditly leave and go home instead of staying around for the entire whole week.

As for vacation I find it strange that these Brazilian groups can afford to send these kids here to america every year especially to Disney world. Why disney and not New York ? or LA?. Should these Touraments be spead out among other location in the USA? If they relaxing after a long tourament then they are vacationer and should act like we all do when on a vacation and respect the rights of other people.

Upvote 0

cheezedoodle20

Original Poster
I thought when we got there they were there for a soccer tournament. Nope, vacation for 15 days. These were wealthy spoiled brats. If you go way back when I started the thread you read about how much money they get. The night they had their Prom at DTD you should have seen how dressed up they were. Almost everyday when they returned from the parks they took cabs over to Orlando to go shopping. Victoria Secret bags, Abercrombie and Fitch you name it they carried it.

Upvote 0

LoriMistress

:mad: :brick: When I tell yoy vacation from H___ I mean it. We were awake every night all night. We had 641 kids from Brazil in our building. They played soccer all night down in front of Broadway. Skinny dipping, running through the food court knocking people down. Screaming and yelling when they came back from the parks and buying egga God only knows where and having egg fights. From the time we checked 7/13 till the day we left 7/22 it was constant. We called security on our cell phone because our phone never worked in our room the whole time. Called about that and they finally had a guy come the last day and he couldn't fix it. Finally to top everything one night our room keys didn't work. We were locked out 45 minutes until engineering showed up. I went to the front desk after enough is enough and complained and do you know they just wanted to give me fast passes to the park. We told them no and we should get something better than that. They finally gave us 2 nights back on my credit card. They knew this when we checked in because other people already had complained. Can anyone top this.:cry:

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your bad resort stay there. DH and I stayed at the Broadway section and we thought it was very peaceful. Than again, we went around the middle of November. I would suggest either writing an complaint email or letter to Disney. From what I've heard Disney DOES respond to any complaints. They will either call, or write you immediately.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom