Never in July at AS Music

:mad: :brick: When I tell yoy vacation from H___ I mean it. We were awake every night all night. We had 641 kids from Brazil in our building. They played soccer all night down in front of Broadway. Skinny dipping, running through the food court knocking people down. Screaming and yelling when they came back from the parks and buying egga God only knows where and having egg fights. From the time we checked 7/13 till the day we left 7/22 it was constant. We called security on our cell phone because our phone never worked in our room the whole time. Called about that and they finally had a guy come the last day and he couldn't fix it. Finally to top everything one night our room keys didn't work. We were locked out 45 minutes until engineering showed up. I went to the front desk after enough is enough and complained and do you know they just wanted to give me fast passes to the park. We told them no and we should get something better than that. They finally gave us 2 nights back on my credit card. They knew this when we checked in because other people already had complained. Can anyone top this.:cry:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The problem there though is that there are not enough of "us" to make a difference. We stopped going in the summers 7 years ago, and they never missed us. :lol:
The truth is that there are enough of us to make a difference however the reality is that not enough people will follow through to make a difference.

Upvote 0

WDWGuide

I don't believe this behaviour is in any way unique to "Brazilian" tour groups... Any large group of teens with minimal chaperon supervision are going to be unruly. It was three decades ago, but I do remember being a teen!

Believe me, there is no comparison. The Brazilian tour groups are unique in the way they travel and behave - it's choreographed noise and mayhem. The Cheerleading and grad night groups are peaceful bliss compared to them.

Upvote 0

cheezedoodle20

Original Poster
Has anyone else complained like me? You know the sad thing to all of this, My Husband lives day to day so every vacation could be the last one. So these fresh, rude, disrespectful kids get away with this every year it will continue to happen every year. As I previously posted they have been banned at numerous other resorts in Orlando. Is Disney only concerned about the money they bring in instead of little ole' people like us?

Upvote 0

chevymalibumn

Several (10 ish) years ago I was talking with a cm. It was in the summer and ofcourse these tour groups were there. The CM was telling me how they had to close down part of one of the AS resorts because one of these tour groups got tired of having to go outside to go from room to room so they started kncocking holes in walls between all their rooms and making their own doors. She said they caused something like 40k in damages. Is this true? Has anyone else heard anything about this? You would think that would be the last straw for Disney.

Upvote 0

cheezedoodle20

Original Poster
I know that they had alot of ajoining rooms. If not they left their doors propped open, and believe me those rooms were a disgrace. Come on Disney is the money really worth it?

Upvote 0

WishIwasThere

You can't avoid the Brazillian tour groups...We went in January and there were groups of kids all over...I think they are there year round now. A few times they tried to cut in line and I would block them. My wife would say 'just let them go, don't sweat it' but she doesn't go to boards like WDWMagic and hear these stories...Luckily they were not staying at the CBR.

Maybe Disney needs to build a park in Brazil to keep them from going north. Then again I can't beleive the number of Japanese tourists I see at Disneyland when I go there...I mean isn't it cheaper to go to Tokyo than fly to Anaheim?

Upvote 0

RedBaron

I remember reading a post here a few weeks ago about Disney nearly throwing a woman out of one of the resorts for smoking on the balcony and find it amazing that they will do nothing when hundreds of people are disturbing the peace. I think I would rather have someone blowing smoke in my face all day than deal with the kind of stuff that cheezedoodle did at his resort.

Upvote 0

cheezedoodle20

Original Poster
Thank you, but let's just see if Disney will see it this way. They think that 2 days for free will shut me up, well they are wrong. What happened to the other 7 days that were destroyed. All they had to do was switch us to another resort where they weren't there. Like I said we didn't go to the parks except for once, just my daughter and myself. So my husband stayed back to try to get some rest.

Upvote 0

sknydave

Wow now the Brazilians cause 40k in damages and bust holes in walls to be able to cross from room to room.

They're turning into the lochness monster.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Thank you, but let's just see if Disney will see it this way. They think that 2 days for free will shut me up, well they are wrong. What happened to the other 7 days that were destroyed. All they had to do was switch us to another resort where they weren't there. Like I said we didn't go to the parks except for once, just my daughter and myself. So my husband stayed back to try to get some rest.
You've had some good feedback from people here, so I'd like to offer you a few suggestions.
When they call you, and they will in a few weeks, be firm in stating your complaints - cite specifics as much as possible ( it helps to have it all written down in font of you), and remind them that you too are a paying customer.
Don't resort to srceaming at them, but be firm.If you don't get any satisfaction from the first person you talk to, request (firmly)to talk to their supervisor, and their supervisor's supervisor, etc. until you talk to someone who will listen to you.

Good luck, and please let us know how this is resolved!

Upvote 0

jmicro59

I don't believe this behaviour is in any way unique to "Brazilian" tour groups... Any large group of teens with minimal chaperon supervision are going to be unruly. It was three decades ago, but I do remember being a teen!

It just depends on when you're there... Pop Warner, Dance Championships, Cheerleader Championships, etc... All young kids without parental supervision - a recipe for trouble. This time of year is 'Winter' in Brazil, so they travel.

It would be nice if Disney could institute rules about how many chaperons have to accompany teen groups, but I suspect if they enforced it there'd just be fewer groups because the costs per teen would escalate. Dollars drive Disney, so it's unlikely they'd risk it.

I gotta disagree with you on this one fellow Canadian. I have run in to many, many tour groups and none of them and I mean none of them as a collective are more annoying, rude, less caring, smelly and ignorant then the Brazilian tour groups. The chaperones in most cases are just as bad. In the last 4 years and after many encounters with these hordes on unruly pieces of human excrement I have come across one Brazilian chaperone that was polite. So for me adding more chaperones will do nothing for this particular group other than increase the number of Brazilians that I, my family and the rest of us have to deal with. :mad:

Upvote 0

jmicro59

Does anyone know what teh contact information is for hte WDW "complaint" line? I've been so frustrated with this I haven't even contacted WDW and would like to. :brick:

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

dolbyman

In the last 4 years and after many encounters with these hordes on unruly pieces of human excrement

this thread is drifting the way all those threads did (that dealt with this problem) ... to deletion (or mod/admin internal trashcan) .. bye thread :wave:

Upvote 0

cheezedoodle20

Original Poster
This thread is not drifting. Did you ever experience this? We lost 9 days of fun because of these people. All I am asking is for people to help me and give me ideas to correct this so it doesn't happen to other people, maybe even you.

Upvote 0

jmicro59

this thread is drifting the way all those threads did (that dealt with this problem) ... to deletion (or mod/admin internal trashcan) .. bye thread :wave:

For what, stating my own personal opinion and frustration with WDW for not doing anything about this? Yeah OK lock it down then. :shrug:

Upvote 0

slowbee

While I wouldn't know what you went thru, we have experienced the tour group exprience. We were at Fantasmic last December where about 50 - 75 people in the group sang and shouted for the 40 minutes we sat there waiting for the show to start. There are too many people there trying to enjoy their vacation without having to lissen to a group sing a song over and over and over and over again. Why the CM's don't step in and shut that down I'll never know.

As for your problem, you'll get alot further along with niceness than you will if your anger erupts all over the person who calls you. As someone said.. be firm... talk with who ever you need to until you feel they will do something about it.

Upvote 0

OneLuckyMom

There is only one way that us guests can solve this but it will not be easy. The only thing that we have to our advantage is that Disney is a business and what is the one thing a business will listen to? Money, or more to the point them seeing less of it. So the solution.....we must stop going in July and inform guest relations that the reason we are not traveling to WDW is due to these tour groups and Disney's lack of appropriate actions to control them in a reasonable manner.

Good concept. But the problem is that from what I've seen everyone on this site post, most people are just moving their trips to another month to avoid the groups, or upgrading to a moderate/deluxe resort. So Disney still sees your money, and in some cases they see even MORE of it. Not exactly a punishment for them financially.

Upvote 0

cheezedoodle20

Original Poster
You are so very right. But what the people like us who can only take a July vacation because of where my husband works, and like to spend more days so that is why we stay at a value resort?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom