Never in July at AS Music

:mad: :brick: When I tell yoy vacation from H___ I mean it. We were awake every night all night. We had 641 kids from Brazil in our building. They played soccer all night down in front of Broadway. Skinny dipping, running through the food court knocking people down. Screaming and yelling when they came back from the parks and buying egga God only knows where and having egg fights. From the time we checked 7/13 till the day we left 7/22 it was constant. We called security on our cell phone because our phone never worked in our room the whole time. Called about that and they finally had a guy come the last day and he couldn't fix it. Finally to top everything one night our room keys didn't work. We were locked out 45 minutes until engineering showed up. I went to the front desk after enough is enough and complained and do you know they just wanted to give me fast passes to the park. We told them no and we should get something better than that. They finally gave us 2 nights back on my credit card. They knew this when we checked in because other people already had complained. Can anyone top this.:cry:

disneyfreak174

me too!

I was actually on one of those school trips myself in an all-star and had problems with other guests. I was raised on the magic so I know how to behave and made sure my group did as well. I had another group leave an interesting bag of goodies(I think you know what it was) on my door and I called to complain, it took three times and a threat before the GM of the resort showed up and asked if I knew who had done it. we showed them their rooms and he kicked everyone of them out, over 40 senior's trip ruined. It is one of my proudest moments!! all I said was "these guys are ruining my magical experience!" and then I got the big-wig:shrug:

side note: I lived in Brazil for 2 years and often at the parks I scare the kids by yelling at them in portuguese!

Upvote 0

nankeldisney821

Does anyone know if they are all there in August too? I am leaving on Aug. 9th :sohappy: and staying at Pop Century and didn't know if they usually stay there too? We are going for my daughter's 16th birthday and will be extremely upset if they ruin our trip...or anyone for that matter!

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Here is how I would deal with this situation if Disney Management didnt address it to my satisfaction:

1. Video tape a bunch of footage of these groups causing problems.
2. Post a significant amount of it on YouTube.
3. Link it to message boards with your complaint.
4. Send Disney management a letter letting them know that their failure to address the situation has resulted in airing of grievences publicly and let them know where.
5. You would probably get a different response.

Upvote 0

EPCOT.nut

Here is how I would deal with this situation if Disney Management didnt address it to my satisfaction:

4. Send Disney management a letter letting them know that their failure to address the situation has resulted in airing of grievences publicly and let them know where.

You almost make me want to go there to catch them on video. NOT
But those are some really good ideas.
I am sure there would be some kind of discrimination lawsuit if Disney denied Brazilian tour groups entrance. :rolleyes:

Maybe CMs should be equipped with tasers. I would move to Orlando for a job at WDW if I could taser some of them. :lol:

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

True.....

But in the meantime, I think that enough people did vocalize there concerns to Disney that they just might do something about it.

Upvote 0

Summitplummet14

I know they come to wdw the same reason we all go, to have a good time, but they have to learn MANNERS, they cut you all the time in lines, they step on your toes, I recently came back from a trip to wdw, and I was so happy I could hear American people instead of Brazilian tour groups, anyone agree!?

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
You almost make me want to go there to catch them on video. NOT
But those are some really good ideas.
I am sure there would be some kind of discrimination lawsuit if Disney denied Brazilian tour groups entrance. :rolleyes:

Maybe CMs should be equipped with tasers. I would move to Orlando for a job at WDW if I could taser some of them. :lol:

Who is saying anything about denying them entrance?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

If Disney knows these tour groups come back every year during the same month... why can't they just increase the security presence at these resorts? I don't think it will eliminate all the problems but perhaps control some of the rude behavior. I would think if enough people got upset enough and complained and threatened to not stay on site then maybe just maybe they( WDW) might begin to listen.

I feel that over the last few years disney has been making it cheaper for people to stay on-site at these Value Resorts by offering some great deals. But this allows a "not as polite and well behaved" segment of the population to stay on property and occassionally ruin others vacation.

Now before anyone gets on my case..... I am by no means implying this to EVERYONE who stays at a value resort. Shoot, I stayed there a couple of times years ago and had great vacations. What I am saying is similiar to what people have seen over at DTD. When they stopped charging admission to PI and opened the gate..... it eventually leads to problems.

Upvote 0

tooltime

i read this earlier today and thought the same thing i am thinking now

that has to be the worst nightmare when booking a trip

i would be outraged

and my limited opinion is you should be too

just my ignorant opinion

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I don't believe this behaviour is in any way unique to "Brazilian" tour groups... Any large group of teens with minimal chaperon supervision are going to be unruly. It was three decades ago, but I do remember being a teen!

It just depends on when you're there... Pop Warner, Dance Championships, Cheerleader Championships, etc... All young kids without parental supervision - a recipe for trouble. This time of year is 'Winter' in Brazil, so they travel.

It would be nice if Disney could institute rules about how many chaperons have to accompany teen groups, but I suspect if they enforced it there'd just be fewer groups because the costs per teen would escalate. Dollars drive Disney, so it's unlikely they'd risk it.

Upvote 0

cheezedoodle20

Original Poster
We understand that when we were there that there was over 600 and some AS Music and 800 and some Movies and a few hundred at Sports. I understand they love going there also, but maybe put them all in 1 resort. The chaperones were just as bad. They were yelling and screaming all the time. My husband and I saw them down the pool at night sitting a table just talking and there wasn't any kids there. They also but in lines and pretend they don't understand English. To top this all off On either side of our room they made class rooms to teach kids who are there to speak English so this also went on all day. So if you needed to take a nap after staying up all night from the kids you couldn't do that either because they were noisy then also.

Upvote 0

MicheleK

We used to stay on property all the time (various resorts). But because of events such as these, we've opted to rent pool homes or condo's right off of 192. Let me say, the price is super, no "tour" groups, my kids get their own bedrooms, we get our own pool, we can cook (or heat leftovers). The list goes on and on.

As for them cuttingin line, my family makes a "chain" and NEVER lets them by. They even push us, but my husband speaks up telling them they can't do that, than others' chime in and eventually they seem to retreat (sometime). Sometimes they just hop over the rail and run up the fast pass side................what can you do at that point:shrug:

Upvote 0

cheezedoodle20

Original Poster
All I can say Disney has to do something. I wrote to guest relations and I am waiting to hear from them. Most likely It will be so sorry and we did what we could to accomodate you. It will certainly make me think twice about how we will handle this next time. Some of us can't afford a moderate or deluxe hotel, we are just happy to be there. If any cm's are reading this please let me know what else I can do to get through to Disney. We are very upset the way this was handled.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I emailed them yesterday and still no response. Does anyone have a address or another way I can contact them?
It will take a few days for them to get back to you.

I'm sorry this happened to you, but please voice your specific complaints to them. The more people who do this, the more likely theyare to do something about it.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is only one way that us guests can solve this but it will not be easy. Unfortunately if we take matters into our own hands at the parks we will wind up in jail. The cast members seem powerless because they are worried about getting fired. The only thing that we have to our advantage is that Disney is a business and what is the one thing a business will listen to? Money, or more to the point them seeing less of it. So the solution.....we must stop going in July and inform guest relations that the reason we are not traveling to WDW is due to these tour groups and Disney's lack of appropriate actions to control them in a reasonable manner. We could send e-mail after e-mail to guest relations complaining about this but if we keep showing up every year in spite of the problems Disney has no incentive to make a change. When July attendance levels drop the level they were in October 2001 Disney will have to take some sort of action but until something like that happens nothing will change.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

There is only one way that us guests can solve this but it will not be easy. Unfortunately if we take matters into our own hands at the parks we will wind up in jail. The cast members seem powerless because they are worried about getting fired. Disney is a business and the only thing a business will understand is a loss of revenue. So the solution.....we must stop going in July and inform guest relations that the reason we are not traveling to WDW is due to these tour groups and Disney's lack of appropriate actions to control them in a reasonable manner. We could send e-mail after e-mail to guest relations complaining about this but if we keep showing up every year in spite of the problems Disney has no incentive to make a change. When July attendance levels drop the level they were in October 2001 Disney will have to take some sort of action but until something like that happens nothing will change.
The problem there though is that there are not enough of "us" to make a difference. We stopped going in the summers 7 years ago, and they never missed us. :lol:

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I feel so bad for all those who had to suffer with this. I never had to deal with them at the resorts but in the parks i have. I remember 2 of the kids in line in front of me at Little Mermaid and next thing you know there are 20 kids trying to cut in front. I blocked all of them and they were yelling until a cast member came up and forced them to wait in the back.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom