Never in July at AS Music

:mad: :brick: When I tell yoy vacation from H___ I mean it. We were awake every night all night. We had 641 kids from Brazil in our building. They played soccer all night down in front of Broadway. Skinny dipping, running through the food court knocking people down. Screaming and yelling when they came back from the parks and buying egga God only knows where and having egg fights. From the time we checked 7/13 till the day we left 7/22 it was constant. We called security on our cell phone because our phone never worked in our room the whole time. Called about that and they finally had a guy come the last day and he couldn't fix it. Finally to top everything one night our room keys didn't work. We were locked out 45 minutes until engineering showed up. I went to the front desk after enough is enough and complained and do you know they just wanted to give me fast passes to the park. We told them no and we should get something better than that. They finally gave us 2 nights back on my credit card. They knew this when we checked in because other people already had complained. Can anyone top this.:cry:

jmicro59

You are so very right. But what the people like us who can only take a July vacation because of where my husband works, and like to spend more days so that is why we stay at a value resort?

Yeah I agree. We go every July for my DD's B-day. Thank god I only have to deal with them @ the parks. I haven't seen any sign of them at our DVC resorts.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You are so very right. But what the people like us who can only take a July vacation because of where my husband works, and like to spend more days so that is why we stay at a value resort?
Unfortunately, this is exactly what Disney is counting on and exactly why they will not change actions towards these types of groups. If you still come back year after year and put up with it there is no incentive for them to change. If enough people are aggravated by this and just for the sake of argument go on a week long Carnival cruise instead of going to WDW they will take notice.

Upvote 0

jmicro59

Unfortunately, this is exactly what Disney is counting on and exactly why they will not change actions towards these types of groups. If you still come back year after year and put up with it there is no incentive for them to change. If enough people are aggravated by this and just for the sake of argument go on a week long Carnival cruise instead of going to WDW they will take notice.

Hey that's a great idea. Lets all of us fed up WDW visitors take a week long trip to Brazil and we can then turn the tables on them in their home land. :ROFLOL:

Seriously I don't know what the answer is to fix this issue. I mean WDW can't just think that it's ok. What happens when someone gets hurt like gets tripped or if a fight brakes out due to these groups and then those injured by either event sues WDW? WDW can't want that or what if we as a group contact news agencies and tell our stories, WDW can't want that I guess either. I'm not sure what to do but I'll tell you one thing I will not due, stop going to WDW in July just because the tour groups are there. That's like giving up without a fight and I'm not prepared to do that.

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

this thread is drifting the way all those threads did (that dealt with this problem) ... to deletion (or mod/admin internal trashcan) .. bye thread :wave:

Glad you can sit back and smile, wave, etc...Have YOU ever forked out thousands of dollars for a WDW vacation and had those tour groups almost ruin it? If not, then let the rest of us vent and come up with solutions in peace. :mad:

Upvote 0

cheezedoodle20

Original Poster
This is why I am fighting for this. You save all year and this happens. You know I think the anger has passed but letting Disney ignore this is another thing. I am doing this for everyone who has literally been screwed by the Brazilans and Disney. Disney for not controlling it and the Brazilans for not having respect for famulies who are also on vacation.

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

Good concept. But the problem is that from what I've seen everyone on this site post, most people are just moving their trips to another month to avoid the groups, or upgrading to a moderate/deluxe resort. So Disney still sees your money, and in some cases they see even MORE of it. Not exactly a punishment for them financially.

Very true! I liked the values. My family and I spend so much time in the park that it isn't justifiable for us to pay for a Deluxe really (except for closeness to parks). It's like punishing someone by giving them extra hunderds of dollars.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hey that's a great idea. Lets all of us fed up WDW visitors take a week long trip to Brazil and we can then turn the tables on them in their home land. :ROFLOL:

Seriously I don't know what the answer is to fix this issue. I mean WDW can't just think that it's ok. What happens when someone gets hurt like gets tripped or if a fight brakes out due to these groups and then those injured by either event sues WDW? WDW can't want that or what if we as a group contact news agencies and tell our stories, WDW can't want that I guess either. I'm not sure what to do but I'll tell you one thing I will not due, stop going to WDW in July just because the tour groups are there. That's like giving up without a fight and I'm not prepared to do that.
We actually did give up WDW in July for that very reason. Six years ago my family had 5 full AP's and would do few weekend trips in June and July. After enough run in's with the tour groups and getting quite aggravated by them and no action by Disney we switched to seasonal AP's and no longer take those June and July trips. Now at most we might hit TL once in the summer. Now granted this is not a huge sacrifice to us as we still get to go to WDW throughout the year but non the less in my case Disney is out $1000 of revenue in passes alone.

Upvote 0

jmicro59

We actually did give up WDW in July for that very reason. Six years ago my family had 5 full AP's and would do few weekend trips in June and July. After enough run in's with the tour groups and getting quite aggravated by them and no action by Disney we switched to seasonal AP's and no longer take those June and July trips. Now at most we might hit TL once in the summer. Now granted this is not a huge sacrifice to us as we still get to go to WDW throughout the year but non the less in my case Disney is out $1000 of revenue in passes alone.

I understand where you are coming from and you know, at first I told my DW that maybe we should pick another time to go but when I talked to my 10 year old DD and she started to cry I knew the course I had to take.

Upvote 0

cheezedoodle20

Original Poster
why should we change our plans. Disney is a large enough company with enough money to correct this. I am probably not the only one that complained that week. I only there were more.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Rules To Live By:

1. Do not go to WDW in July - ever.
Also avoid late June and early August if you can.

2. Do not stay at the All Stars in the summer time or other busy seasons - use Pop Century if you need a Value resort.

Good luck.
Have fun.

:) :) :) :)

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
why should we change our plans. Disney is a large enough company with enough money to correct this. I am probably not the only one that complained that week. I only there were more.
I agree with you 100% you shouldn't have to change your plans but it has gotten to the point that that is the only card we, the Disney guest, have left to play in this matter. This problem is nothing new and I assure you Disney is aware of it. It would appear that they have done nothing to remedy it because in their minds why should they?

Upvote 0

WEDROD

Fastpassess for compensation to your problem???? What a joke. I was there two weeks ago and there were atleast 100 of them in line for RNR all singing "Brazil, Brazil". How did they all get fastpasses at the same time. The tour leader must have taken thirty minutes to insert all of their passes. Man I would have been mad if I were behind him in the fastpass line. The singing in line is what got me. I mean I would not got to France and sing U.S.A U.S.A. I just think that is a small sample of just how insensitive they are to the people they are around. That and the fastpass line was then as long as the standby line. There should be a limit on how many fastpasses a person can get at one time.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Notice, too, that Disney has started scheduling major refurbishments and ride downtime during the summer months. Used to be only in January/February.
Many people don't get to see the Haunted Mansion this summer, for instance.

That says that the summer crowd has now become the throw-away group for WDW. They used to be the golden group.

:)

Upvote 0

sandicinderelli

You know we have stayed there before and never had any problem. The sad part is my husband only gets that week every year for vacation, because the company he works for shuts down, believe me if could chang it we would.

My sisters and I stayed at AS Music this past March and we only had a problem with the cleaning crew, not other guests. And there were high school bands that came in to do the parades at MK - they didn't give us any problems, thank God. It is sad - the only time you can go and the "hooligans" come at the same time. Bummer.

I don't believe this behaviour is in any way unique to "Brazilian" tour groups... Any large group of teens with minimal chaperon supervision are going to be unruly. It was three decades ago, but I do remember being a teen!

I agree with you 200%. I was working during the Cheerleading Championships (Pop Warner?) at Wide World of Sports in Feb and Mar, and those cheerleaders were AWFUL!! I was so embarrassed and livid at the same time. One girl even accused me of being rude to her just because I didn't give her an answer that she wanted to hear. And the parents/sponsors are EVEN WORSE.

Give me a bunch of families and/or friends coming into the park any day, and it's a good day!

Yes, why should they because idiots like us keep coming back

Have you all ever thought of going to Disneyland instead? You'll probably have a better experience...just a suggestion.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Fastpassess for compensation to your problem???? What a joke. I was there two weeks ago and there were atleast 100 of them in line for RNR all singing "Brazil, Brazil". How did they all get fastpasses at the same time. The tour leader must have taken thirty minutes to insert all of their passes. Man I would have been mad if I were behind him in the fastpass line. The singing in line is what got me. I mean I would not got to France and sing U.S.A U.S.A. I just think that is a small sample of just how insensitive they are to the people they are around. That and the fastpass line was then as long as the standby line. There should be a limit on how many fastpasses a person can get at one time.

By golly, if I had to listen to the "Brazil, Brazil" chant I'd surely do my darndest to get everyone around me to drown them out with some "Dis-ney, Dis-ney" if not "USA, USA". Ya know?

I also had a Venezualan friend of mine teach me to say a few key phrases in spanish. Now I can subtly let the rude visitors who act like they don't speak english (like the one who bumped into one of my sons, when he said excuse me politely she looked him up and down like a bug) that I have their number, too. :lol:

Upvote 0

mary219

By golly, if I had to listen to the "Brazil, Brazil" chant I'd surely do my darndest to get everyone around me to drown them out with some "Dis-ney, Dis-ney" if not "USA, USA". Ya know?

I also had a Venezualan friend of mine teach me to say a few key phrases in spanish. Now I can subtly let the rude visitors who act like they don't speak english (like the one who bumped into one of my sons, when he said excuse me politely she looked him up and down like a bug) that I have their number, too. :lol:
LOL!That is exactly what my husband would have done.USA-USA with his fist pumping up and down.I would have been embarrassed but after reading this and thinking of how many times we have run into day camps and what not at six flags great adventure,i will probably be right next to him at the same time!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom