Rumor Muppets to Take Over The Hall of Presidents

Buck Wheelie

Magenta Panther

One of those movies sucked and was a box office bomb, and the current TV show is lame too. I wouldn't go so far as to call those "substantial".
Making two movies and two TV shows were certainly substantial efforts. What more can Disney do? I don't get people who say Disney hasn't tried hard enough to bring those characters back. It's invested serious money and gotten little in return. But whatever - some people (not pointing the finger at you specifically) will always remain convinced that Disney could work a miracle if it just did this or that. So whatever.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The second Disney Muppets movie (Most Wanted) didn't exactly bomb. It got fair to good scores with critics and audience, and its B.O. loss was such that it would have made up for that loss in the post-theatrical windows.

The first Disney Muppets movie, which got great scores, only profited $15M.

Then again, Disney Studios live action doesn't do well overall. Between their few blockbusters and dozens of poor performers, the studios barely breaks even in the theatrical window.

Here's an idea: Create a Muppets comic book to justify moving them to Marvel Studios.

Magenta Panther

I’d say that also goes for any type of entertainment that is older. Like the classic Disney films etc. I’m one of those who thinks there was much more variety and offerings for family entertainment 30 years ago than today..

I'd say not. Some things stand the test of time. Some don't. Some have eternal appeal, and some are just fads. Trying to prolong a fad past its expiration date is futile. Yet Disney keeps trying that with the muppets...

Magenta Panther

The second Disney Muppets movie (Most Wanted) didn't exactly bomb. It got fair to good scores with critics and audience, and its B.O. loss was such that it would have made up for that loss in the post-theatrical windows.

The first Disney Muppets movie, which got great scores, only profited $15M.

Then again, Disney Studios live action doesn't do well overall. Between their few blockbusters and dozens of poor performers, the studios barely breaks even in the theatrical window.

Here's an idea: Create a Muppets comic book to justify moving them to Marvel Studios.
Mister Penguin, apologist extraodinaire! New flash: speculation and opinion aren't facts.

No plans have been announced for more Muppet movies, which "will likely be boxed up and stored in the attic for the foreseeable future," says Jeff Bock, senior box-office analyst for Exhibitor Relations. "In regards to the box office, the Muppets just don't stack up to Pixar or Marvel or even Winnie the Pooh. That puts the puppet crew on the back burner for now."

'The Muppet Movie' turns 40: Are Jim Henson's puppets still relevant? (usatoday.com)

And I have more info if you like that I've posted here before. And before. But you guys are like a cult, convinced that if Disney just did this or did that, the muppet characters would be as big and successful as they were in the 1970's. You cling to that like some folks cling to guns and bibles. And you want more of the things in the parks, even though Disneyland has ejected them and nobody cares. Puppet nostalgia is a hell of a drug!

But you know, something like putting the socks in the HoP is something that is just so Chapek and TDO these days, the same who people shoehorned Frozen, a world-wide phenom, into a dinky ride in Norway and celebrated the success of Tangled by giving it its own bathroom...yeah, maybe this isn't so farfetched. Tacky, stupid, shallow and kneejerk, yeah, but impossible? I wouldn't put it past them...

MaryJaneP

So is the original post a hoax?

Is the original post fake news?

Could they use cardboard cutouts to get more presidents?

Could you imagine a Hall of British Prime Ministers or Hall of British Princes?

Will reopening day for HOP rival January 6th for wildness?

erasure fan1

But you guys are like a cult, convinced that if Disney just did this or did that, the muppet characters would be as big and successful as they were in the 1970's. You cling to that like some folks cling to guns and bibles.
The one that acts like a cult, is you and your crazy obsessed hate for the muppets. I find it funny, every time they are mentioned, there you are, preaching to the hills how awful and washed up they are. I guess everyone needs their white whale.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Mister Penguin, apologist extraodinaire! New flash: speculation and opinion aren't facts.

No plans have been announced for more Muppet movies, which "will likely be boxed up and stored in the attic for the foreseeable future," says Jeff Bock, senior box-office analyst for Exhibitor Relations. "In regards to the box office, the Muppets just don't stack up to Pixar or Marvel or even Winnie the Pooh. That puts the puppet crew on the back burner for now."

'The Muppet Movie' turns 40: Are Jim Henson's puppets still relevant? (usatoday.com)

And I have more info if you like that I've posted here before. And before. But you guys are like a cult, convinced that if Disney just did this or did that, the muppet characters would be as big and successful as they were in the 1970's. You cling to that like some folks cling to guns and bibles. And you want more of the things in the parks, even though Disneyland has ejected them and nobody cares. Puppet nostalgia is a hell of a drug!

But you know, something like putting the socks in the HoP is something that is just so Chapek and TDO these days, the same who people shoehorned Frozen, a world-wide phenom, into a dinky ride in Norway and celebrated the success of Tangled by giving it its own bathroom...yeah, maybe this isn't so farfetched. Tacky, stupid, shallow and kneejerk, yeah, but impossible? I wouldn't put it past them...
I post evidence and you call it speculation.

You then post an article which is all speculation.

Who's the cultist now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom