Rumor Muppets to Take Over The Hall of Presidents

Animaniac93-98

Muppet Family Christmas is probably the best "kids first Muppet show". It has Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock characters too and its Xmas theme should make it more relatable to those who are not as familiar with them. Plus it's shorter than any of their features.

doctornick

Do the Muppets appeal to kids in 2021?
Muppet babies is pretty popular on TV

edit: I see it’s already been mentioned multiple times already. Don’t know how overall popular it is, but my youngest is pretty obsessed with Animal.

they have the core characters of the show but have worked in appearances but many of the regular Muppets

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Muppet Family Christmas is probably the best "kids first Muppet show". It has Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock characters too and its Xmas theme should make it more relatable to those who are not as familiar with them. Plus it's shorter than any of their features.
Have to Disagree as the 30th Anniversary special shows them all together and was a year before that special..

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Anecdotal but I can’t get my daughter into Muppet Babies.. it’s all Mickey, Fancy Nancy, and Vampirina. We tried the newer Muppet movie the other night which she paid attention to for the first 20 minutes, but the catchiest song and dance number is at the beginning, it definitely slows down after. She’s 2.5, I’m thinking we’ll have better luck around 4. But the Muppet show is actually the least interesting for kids in my opinion. At 1.5 Muppetvision was her favorite thing at Hollywood Studios, but that park doesn’t have much for the littles..
I dont Consider anyone under 5 a kid. And I dont like anyone under 7 either. So I mean. Aight. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Fable McCloud

The Muppet Show (original) is coming to Disney+, so all those parents and grandparents who grew up watching them will undoubtedly watch them again. This will hopefully entice more kids to watch. I'm 35, when I was a kid I had access to Fraggle Rock, Sesame Street, Muppet Babies, reruns of the Muppet Show and Muppets Tonight, not to mention Bear in the Big Blue House. I love the Muppets and them coming back and getting more recognition is something I will always want and hope for.

Cute story: my husband and a I went to WDW 4 years ago for his first trip. We got engaged, and a few days later found ourselves at DHS. We're both HUGE Muppet fans, and I knew that MuppetVision was inside the Muppet Theater. He did not. When we walked into that theater space, he stopped, got a bit misty eyed, and very quietly whispered "It's the Muppet Show. We're IN Muppet Theater." He had the BIGGEST smile, and I remembered myself doing the same thing 10 years earlier on my first trip. That joy is enough reason for me to always have the Muppets in my life.

Figments Friend

The ultimate destruction is replacing Illuminations with an IP festival.

My vote goes for the removal of the Original 'Journey Into Imagination' Attraction.

Has to be one of, if not THE 'ultimate destruction' moves ever in the history of Disney Theme Parks.

However, having said that.....
I will say that at least we still had a nice panoramic view of World Showcase lagoon.
The Illuminations 'replacement' has now spoiled that immensely.

-

TrainsOfDisney

My vote goes for the removal of the Original 'Journey Into Imagination' Attraction.

Has to be one of, if not THE 'ultimate destruction' moves ever in the history of Disney Theme Parks.

However, having said that.....
I will say that at least we still had a nice panoramic view of World Showcase lagoon.
The Illuminations 'replacement' has now spoiled that immensely.

-
Ughh all the originals are equally as bad. World of Motion, Imagination, Horizons and Universe of Energy :(

UNCgolf

Ughh all the originals are equally as bad. World of Motion, Imagination, Horizons and Universe of Energy :(

Let's not forget what they did to Seabase Alpha, which was the best, most cohesive pavilion overall (not the same as saying it had the best attraction). Seabase Alpha with the hydrolators, Sea Cabs, diving demonstrations, etc. was an absolute masterpiece.

Now it's a crappy ride and an aquarium without any real theme whatsoever.

Animaniac93-98

Let's not forget what they did to Seabase Alpha, which was the best, most cohesive pavilion overall (not the same as saying it had the best attraction). Seabase Alpha with the hydrolators, Sea Cabs, diving demonstrations, etc. was an absolute masterpiece.

Now it's a crappy ride and an aquarium without any real theme whatsoever.

The theme is "Disney". Just like the rest of IPCOT.

Magenta Panther

Anecdotal but I can’t get my daughter into Muppet Babies.. it’s all Mickey, Fancy Nancy, and Vampirina. We tried the newer Muppet movie the other night which she paid attention to for the first 20 minutes, but the catchiest song and dance number is at the beginning, it definitely slows down after. She’s 2.5, I’m thinking we’ll have better luck around 4. But the Muppet show is actually the least interesting for kids in my opinion. At 1.5 Muppetvision was her favorite thing at Hollywood Studios, but that park doesn’t have much for the littles..
Most kids won't even watch Muppets unless their Muppet-obsessed parents force them to. ;)

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom