Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

dreamfinder

I have been searching and searching for updates.. Luckily as of yesterday i found this pictureView attachment 158550

Most of you saw the same picture yesterday, but only 1/3 of the awning was complete. Well I'm guessing after that picture was taken all of the awning was added in a short amount of time because the sky looks as if it is only the middle of the day. If you look at the bottom of the awning there seems to be a red line going across, which could be the fabric as shown in the concept art.. This is as of 8/30, which was yesterday not today..

I just noticed the homage to the restaurant it is replacing in the sign.

Princess Leia

The Gonzo sign above the restrooms seems to be the only muppet related thing there. It doesn't look like the restrooms themselves are themed.

dgp602

While it sucks that it probably has to go, I'm glad Disney's learned from the poor placement of Tangled Tower near HM.
Why was the Tangled Tower, which is in Fantasy Land actually, poor placement? Isn't Fantasy Land where that story belongs? I know they got a lot of flack for having bathrooms themed around a movie, but I think that if they installed run of the mill, generic bathrooms ( which were much needed in that area BTW ), forum readers would have criticized that decision as well. So, damn if you do, damn if you don't...

Princess Leia

Why was the Tangled Tower, which is in Fantasy Land actually, poor placement? Isn't Fantasy Land where that story belongs? I know they got a lot of flack for having bathrooms themed around a movie, but I think that if they installed run of the mill, generic bathrooms ( which were much needed in that area BTW ), forum readers would have criticized that decision as well. So, damn if you do, damn if you don't...
The location in Fantasyland isn't the issue. It's that they didn't really do much to hide it from Haunted Mansion. The Tower of Terror was designed with location in mind- it would be seen from Morocco's Epcot pavillion, so they styled the back of the Tower to match. I understand that it would have been difficult to design. Maybe in a few years the trees will be tall enough to hide it.
(this isn't my picture, credit goes here http://www.flickriver.com/photos/krisjaus/8838141337/)
8838141337_3d83d1c515_b.jpg

Goofyernmost

The location in Fantasyland isn't the issue. It's that they didn't really do much to hide it from Haunted Mansion. The Tower of Terror was designed with location in mind- it would be seen from Morocco's Epcot pavillion, so they styled the back of the Tower to match. I understand that it would have been difficult to design. Maybe in a few years the trees will be tall enough to hide it.
(this isn't my picture, credit goes here http://www.flickriver.com/photos/krisjaus/8838141337/)
Want to know what is really atrocious? When you are in Fantasyland, while you are standing in line for Small World you can see Peter Pans ride, and at that proper angle you can even see the Carousel. Back years ago you could get on the Skyway and see the air conditioners on the roofs of the other buildings and the track clearly showed up for 20K. Why do you people constantly insist on being upset about something that isn't even an issue except in your own minds. It has no reason to not be within visual range of the Haunted Mansion. The view blocking process is to hide the show buildings from the entrance building, like the one for HM shown below.

hauntedmansionplan-500x493.jpg

Not to hide them from each other. You can also see HM from the Riverboat and Thunder Mountain. There is no basis for the upset about Tangled being in line with HM. So let's find something legitimate to be upset about, like the fact that I am not there right now.

CrescentLake

Want to know what is really atrocious? When you are in Fantasyland, while you are standing in line for Small World you can see Peter Pans ride, and at that proper angle you can even see the Carousel. Back years ago you could get on the Skyway and see the air conditioners on the roofs of the other buildings and the track clearly showed up for 20K. Why do you people constantly insist on being upset about something that isn't even an issue except in your own minds. It has no reason to not be within visual range of the Haunted Mansion. The view blocking process is to hide the show buildings from the entrance building, like the one for HM shown below.

View attachment 166525

Not to hide them from each other. You can also see HM from the Riverboat and Thunder Mountain. There is no basis for the upset about Tangled being in line with HM. So let's find something legitimate to be upset about, like the fact that I am not there right now.

That's not what they're talking about, and you know it.

I shouldn't be able to see anything from Fantasyland in Liberty Square- it breaks immersion. That's why the MK is built on top of a tunnel system, because Walt didn't like seeing a Frontierland Cowboy in Tomorrowland. This is not just a theme park where we throw some rides together and call it a day. They aren't complaining you can see the HM from Liberty Square. They're complaining that you can see a European (fantasy/annimation accented) tower from the Haunted Mansion and Frontierland.

dgp602

WOW Your right..I never noticed the bad show here. Didn't they try those height balloons first? Thanks for the info!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom