Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

Princess Leia

I feel like they should bulldoze that big gift shop in the middle of the area... And do something with Mama Melrose, not another muppets themed restaurant, please don't Disney.. Do a flat ride sort of thing... where mama melrose was.. Because I have noticed a big decrease in capacity at Mama Melrose.. And where that big gift shop was, shrink it down to a muppets M&G.. And still have a gift shop, because since Cars M&G is gone and so is Phineas and Ferb.. (If you did not know they had TONS of Cars and P&F merchandise there) That would be the most perfect Muppets Mini-Land! It would have a restaurant (PizzeRizzo) a show (Muppet Vision 3D) a *Flat Ride (Mama Melrose)* a *M&G (Big Gift Shop in Middle of area)* a gift shop* (current gift shop but shrunken down) and the current bathrooms that are being rethemed to Gonzos Royal Flush (current bathrooms in area) That could all fit in the current Muppets area!
I love the Muppets, but I think the gift shop is far too large for that IP. They could easily use half the space for merchandise, and the other half for the M&G.

Next Big Thing

I feel like they should bulldoze that big gift shop in the middle of the area... And do something with Mama Melrose, not another muppets themed restaurant, please don't Disney.. Do a flat ride sort of thing... where mama melrose was.. Because I have noticed a big decrease in capacity at Mama Melrose.. And where that big gift shop was, shrink it down to a muppets M&G.. And still have a gift shop, because since Cars M&G is gone and so is Phineas and Ferb.. (If you did not know they had TONS of Cars and P&F merchandise there) That would be the most perfect Muppets Mini-Land! It would have a restaurant (PizzeRizzo) a show (Muppet Vision 3D) a *Flat Ride (Mama Melrose)* a *M&G (Big Gift Shop in Middle of area)* a gift shop* (current gift shop but shrunken down) and the current bathrooms that are being rethemed to Gonzos Royal Flush (current bathrooms in area) That could all fit in the current Muppets area!
I just mentioned this on another site as well about the gift shop. It makes the area feel claustrophobic. I'd love to see an old-school fantasyland style dark ride go into it's place. The Muppets provide plenty of content for something like that.

TalkingHead

That gift shop is overflowing with generic WDW merch that can be found in a hundred other places. There's only small corner of the store with Muppet stuff. At the very least, they could do a better job filling the Muppet store with...Muppet merchandise. Crazy idea, I know.

HeroOfWDW

I understand they have to make a profit on all ages, but last time they kept producing merch no one bought, they cancelled Disney Infinity :(

HowAboutDisney

Hello, first time posting here so sorry if this has already been said. Why don't they change Mv3D to make it like your viewing an actual "the muppets show" maybe with even animatronic Muppets. Each time the curtain drops the stage could rotate to a new scene kind of like the carousel of progress. But I would take even a 3D the muppet show with celebrity guest.

Princess Leia

Hello, first time posting here so sorry if this has already been said. Why don't they change Mv3D to make it like your viewing an actual "the muppets show" maybe with even animatronic Muppets. Each time the curtain drops the stage could rotate to a new scene kind of like the carousel of progress. But I would take even a 3D the muppet show with celebrity guest.
Welcome to the forums!
To answer your question- while your idea sounds great (and refreshing), MuppetVision 3D was the last project Jim Henson worked on before he died. It's no longer showing at Disneyland, so I don't see it leaving WDW. Your idea would be great for the Mama Melrose's location, if there's space for it.

HowAboutDisney

Welcome to the forums!
To answer your question- while your idea sounds great (and refreshing), MuppetVision 3D was the last project Jim Henson worked on before he died. It's no longer showing at Disneyland, so I don't see it leaving WDW. Your idea would be great for the Mama Melrose's location, if there's space for it.
Thank you so much

Princess Leia

Thank you so much
No problem. The other problem with celebrity guests in movies is that it can date the film a bit. Example- does anybody know why Martin Short is so popular at the Disney Parks? He was in the sex ed movie at Epcot (Making of You? Making of Me?), he hosts 'O Canada!', and he's in CinéMagique at Walt Disney Studios Park in Disneyland Paris. For someone who had his heyday in the 80s and 90s (I'm not sure how popular Maya and Marty was this summer, I only watched one episode), that's a lot of attractions. Unless it was someone like Meryl Streep or Christopher Walken, I'm not sure it'd be wise to rely on a celebrity guest.

Though a Muppet film would be right up Martin Short's type of comedy...

Last edited:

HowAboutDisney

No problem. The other problem with celebrity guests in movies is that it can date the film a bit. Example- does anybody know why Martin Short is so popular at the Disney Parks? He was in the sex ed movie at Epcot (Making of You? Making of Me?), he hosts 'O Canada!', and he's in CinéMagique at Walt Disney Studios Park in Disneyland Paris. For someone who had his heyday in the 80s and 90s (I'm not sure how popular Maya and Marty was this summer, I only watched one episode), that's a lot of attractions. Unless it was someone like Meryl Streep or Christopher Walken, I'm not sure it'd be wise to rely on a celebrity guest.

Though a Muppet film would be right up Martin Short's type of comedy...
Very good point! I've really been enjoying this forum.. Thanks again

WDWbuff2001

Original Poster
I have been searching and searching for updates.. Luckily as of yesterday i found this picture
IMG_1831.JPG

Most of you saw the same picture yesterday, but only 1/3 of the awning was complete. Well I'm guessing after that picture was taken all of the awning was added in a short amount of time because the sky looks as if it is only the middle of the day. If you look at the bottom of the awning there seems to be a red line going across, which could be the fabric as shown in the concept art.. This is as of 8/30, which was yesterday not today..

Bolt

I have been searching and searching for updates.. Luckily as of yesterday i found this pictureView attachment 158550

Most of you saw the same picture yesterday, but only 1/3 of the awning was complete. Well I'm guessing after that picture was taken all of the awning was added in a short amount of time because the sky looks as if it is only the middle of the day. If you look at the bottom of the awning there seems to be a red line going across, which could be the fabric as shown in the concept art.. This is as of 8/30, which was yesterday not today..
Why did you create your own thread if you put all of this in the other Pizzarizzo thread? Just curious.

WDWbuff2001

Original Poster
Why did you create your own thread if you put all of this in the other Pizzarizzo thread? Just curious.

This thread is for the whole muppets area.. The pizzerizzo one is just for pizzerizzo and mama melrose. Pizze rizzo is included in this thread. This includes updates on Muppets Courtyard.. ( Pizze Rizzo, Muppet Vision 3D, Gonzos Royal Flush ) and etc.

Rteetz

This thread is for the whole muppets area.. The pizzerizzo one is just for pizzerizzo and mama melrose. Pizze rizzo is included in this thread. This includes updates on Muppets Courtyard.. ( Pizze Rizzo, Muppet Vision 3D, Gonzos Royal Flush ) and etc.
Well there really isn't anything new other than PizzeRizzo in that area. The bathrooms being referred and given a name doesn't make them new and we still don't if Mama Melrose is getting a muppets theme or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom