Movies that have no ride/attraction at WDW

plaz10

I'm sorry but are you saying that Snow White's Scary Adventures and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride are not original? If so, I'm confused...

I enjoy any and all dark rides. I personally LOVE them! So I'm disagreeing with you alot, I guess this means you're not going to like the new Ariel ride very much, and I guess you're not too fond of the Haunted Mansion and Buzz Lightyear either... :rolleyes:

Mr Toad and Snow White (soon both will no longer be in the park...interesting) are slow moving rides that tell the story of the movies. Yes I am aware Ariel will be the same (perhaps thats why they are getting rid of snow white...too much of one thing). I'm saying there has to be another way to incorporate Disney movies than a slow ride that just shows the movie characters. Buzz does not go through the story of Toy Story plus it has an interactive element. Haunted Mansion (while now a terrible Disney movie) is not just the re telling of a classic Disney movie. But Snow White was exactly that....you just follow the scenes of the movie. Ariel will be the same way. I'm saying I think the mine ride is a good idea because it's different than Ariel, Snow White, Mr Toad. It's a different way of incorporating story telling than just slowly moving past animatronics. One cannot dispute (as you pointed out) that Snow White, Mr Toad and Ariel are all very similar...so they aren't exactly original rides in that they have very similar concepts.

I LOVE dark rides. SSE is as slow moving as you can get and it's my favorite. But I'm saying as far as Disney classics go, I'd like to see a new way to present the story. While I'm not a fan of the ride but Aladdins Magic Carpets is a different ride that still incorporates the movie. I want to see more of things like this. I'm not knocking Snow White or Ariel I'm just saying that it's been done...let's see another way to present this classic movie.

Malvito

There are probably also plenty of cases where an attraction or attractions might have been planned around a movie, but the plans have not, to date, seen fruition. (I write "to date" because the Little Mermaid dark ride, in the USA parks, existed only as a digital recreation on the DVD until recently.) An Imagineer was quoted in Mouse Under Glass as noting the presence, in the archives, of plans for Mary Poppins rides involving either unbrellas or carrousel horses.

britdaw

I would love to see a "Meet the Robinsons" attraction... Something kinda like the big chase sequence when Doris takes over in the future. :)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Mr Toad and Snow White (soon both will no longer be in the park...interesting) are slow moving rides that tell the story of the movies. Yes I am aware Ariel will be the same (perhaps thats why they are getting rid of snow white...too much of one thing). I'm saying there has to be another way to incorporate Disney movies than a slow ride that just shows the movie characters. Buzz does not go through the story of Toy Story plus it has an interactive element. Haunted Mansion (while now a terrible Disney movie) is not just the re telling of a classic Disney movie. But Snow White was exactly that....you just follow the scenes of the movie. Ariel will be the same way. I'm saying I think the mine ride is a good idea because it's different than Ariel, Snow White, Mr Toad. It's a different way of incorporating story telling than just slowly moving past animatronics. One cannot dispute (as you pointed out) that Snow White, Mr Toad and Ariel are all very similar...so they aren't exactly original rides in that they have very similar concepts.

I LOVE dark rides. SSE is as slow moving as you can get and it's my favorite. But I'm saying as far as Disney classics go, I'd like to see a new way to present the story. While I'm not a fan of the ride but Aladdins Magic Carpets is a different ride that still incorporates the movie. I want to see more of things like this. I'm not knocking Snow White or Ariel I'm just saying that it's been done...let's see another way to present this classic movie.

I'm starting to understand what you're saying. Can't wait for the new haunted mansion movie right? :animwink:

There have been some new ways... some turning into bad ideas...

Alien Encounter, while not a disney movie it was good for some people and there are lots of fans of it to this day. Stitch's Great Escape didn't fit in that idea and it was a disney movie, and i'm pretty sure that the baby head spider in toy story wouldn't play well here either.

The Seas with Nemo and Friends. While basically still a dark ride in a different way, it was ripped off with screens (including 3 Cabelleros)

Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage! Perhaps some more shows like these would be good, but it's basically just advertising with the best scenes from the movie. Pocahontas tried it and she was closed and abandoned.

Animatronic Shows would be good, Mickey Mouse review was a great show, I could easily see the 3 little pigs or a 3 cabelleros animatronic show.

Water rides like Splash Mountain are great if Disny doesn't screw it up like Maelstrom (i like maelstrom but it's outdated and too short for a 30 minute wait)

The Snow White coaster is good, but only once. If you have like more than 3 of those coasters, it feels like the same thing, like 3 versions of Soarin' with the same experience.

Water dark rides could be pretty good, but not to be like 3 cabelleros, similar to the beginning of living with the land and Pirates of the Caribean.

Some kind of version similar to Universal's Cat in the Hat would make a great thrill/dark ride.

DINOSAUR is probably Disney's best dark ride even if the film isn't very recognizable. Of course there aren't many rides that can fit with that experience.

I'm beginning to think flying dark rides like E.T. and Peter Pan aren't working well.

I think Ellen's Energy Adventure was a GREAT idea, a little updating could be done perhaps a PIXAR ride.. a journey into pixar movies and history of pixars... similar to the Great Movie Ride

I think snow white closing is okay, I always went on it for no reason. It is pretty outdated tho.

We have plenty of Dumbos. Dumbo, Astro Orbiter, Triceratop Spin, Aladdin.. and 3 are in the same park! Great for holding guests tho! :)

Dark rides just need to be updated with new AA and such every year and stuff. New dark rides like Pooh Bear and Little Mermaid wipe Snow White and Pinnochio away. But really regular dark rides and live shows I think are the best ways to re-tell a disney classic movie. I'm beginning to think that Disney World needs a Dumbo dark ride, lion king dark ride, and a pocahontas dark ride! :D

Nah i don't think the 3D glasses was the reason lol. The movie completely tanked at the box office, the story was not that attractive, and people aren't really into the motion-capture technology anymore :( Too bad cus I liked A Christmas Carol and I was gonna go see the Yellow Submarine until it got canned :confused:

Spike-in-Berlin

wait)
I'm beginning to think flying dark rides like... Peter Pan aren't working well.

*lol* Seems as if someone just forgot to tell this to the huge masses that line up at the (b.t.w. unthemed and boring) cueueing area of this classic ride every day. Ever saw the insane lines even far into midnight during EMH? If there is one proof, that flying (meaning elevated) dark rides are working GOOD it's Peter Pan's Flight.

Thrill Seeker

*Please note everything I say here is hypothetical...*

Hercules should have an E-ticket dark/thrill ride in a new Greece pavilion at Epcot.

An Up flying dark ride should replace Mermaid/One Man's Dream/Narnia at DHS.

Meet The Robinsons characters should host the Carousel of Progress at MK.

I still think Rodger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin should come to DHS, but where to put it is the question...

Rescuers Down Under could have a ride in a new Australian section of AK.

Tron should have a lightcycle thrill ride in the former Wonders of Life pavilion at Epcot.

After the Princess Fairytale Hall has run it's course in Fantasyland (formerly Snow White's Scary Adventures), Repunsel and Flynn Rider should move in for a Tangled dark ride.

New scenes should be added to the Great Movie Ride for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Tron, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. (Replace Alien, Tarzan and Gangster).

There are just some ideas I've had.

WondersOfLife

*lol* Seems as if someone just forgot to tell this to the huge masses that line up at the (b.t.w. unthemed and boring) cueueing area of this classic ride every day. Ever saw the insane lines even far into midnight during EMH? If there is one proof, that flying (meaning elevated) dark rides are working GOOD it's Peter Pan's Flight.

I'll admit it's somewhat enjoyable the first 5 minutes... But half of the people that get off (over age 8) say that it was boring and cheasy.

I personally kind of like the ride. It's like Snow White's Scary Adventures, you get on it just because it's there. It's not un-entertaining but it is a little outdated... some new animatronics would be great, like the kind they're using for The Little Mermaid. :) I'm not against it, but you have to admit that it is a little outdated in some parts.

Spike-in-Berlin

I'll admit it's somewhat enjoyable the first 5 minutes... But half of the people that get off (over age 8) say that it was boring and cheasy.
I personally kind of like the ride. It's like Snow White's Scary Adventures, you get on it just because it's there. It's not un-entertaining but it is a little outdated... some new animatronics would be great, like the kind they're using for The Little Mermaid. :) I'm not against it, but you have to admit that it is a little outdated in some parts.

First 5 minutes? The entire ride lasts only for 2 /12 minutes. Outdated? Of course it is and especially the Neverland part with the island is not even 1970ies standard and it shows. But it is still very popular, I don't believe that too much of the people that do it would agree with you because the lines are insane. One of the very few rides in MK with lines of that length.

kdatkinson85

I personally think that if they were to put a new ride in that Tron: Legacy would be the best choice. It would fit well in Tommorowland and with its storyline it would provide an excellent ride experience due to so much action to choose from. The Lightcycle battle scene would be amazing!!! Plus it allows for an excellent queue because of the darkness of the movie surrounded by neon lights! :rolleyes:

Spike-in-Berlin

I personally think that if they were to put a new ride in that Tron: Legacy would be the best choice. It would fit well in Tommorowland and with its storyline it would provide an excellent ride experience due to so much action to choose from. The Lightcycle battle scene would be amazing!!! Plus it allows for an excellent queue because of the darkness of the movie surrounded by neon lights! :rolleyes:

I fear that the movie didn't do too well at the box office to make an entire major attraction possible. Of course it was a commercial success but I think most people expected it to become a true blockbuster in the range of Lion King. But personally I would welcome ANY Tron attraction, the first movie was a classic, is a milestone in movie history and I saw it as a kid during my first stay in the US in a cinema in Miami so it has some special value to me.

WondersOfLife

First 5 minutes? The entire ride lasts only for 2 /12 minutes. Outdated? Of course it is and especially the Neverland part with the island is not even 1970ies standard and it shows. But it is still very popular, I don't believe that too much of the people that do it would agree with you because the lines are insane. One of the very few rides in MK with lines of that length.

Then I must've meant the first 5 seconds. :lookaroun

wsmith1978

Two words: MARY POPPINS

Why doesn't Mary Poppins have a bigger presence in the parks?? They could easily make a dark ride out of it, and I certianly think they need more merchandise. One of my all-time favorite movies... a shame it's not featured more.

njdan

Very true guess disney makes too many good movies! But not all movies will make good ride, and not all movies have the lasting power to make a ride or show out of them.
Lady and the Tramp is the theme for Tony's Town Square. Some movies only have a small draw power ie princess movies mostly younger girls. I also agree that many of the original attractions are the best and Disney has mad movies based on rides - Haunted mansion and P of C. But i loved the question hope everyone has fun with it. And im still upset the changed Mr. Toad to Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh is good but MR Toad's Wild Ride was a classic. At least in my opinion.

Thrill

The problem is that Tron doesn't fit Tomorrowland. The Grid is inside a computer from the early 1980's.

*Please note everything I say here is hypothetical...*

Hercules should have an E-ticket dark/thrill ride in a new Greece pavilion at Epcot.

An Up flying dark ride should replace Mermaid/One Man's Dream/Narnia at DHS.

Meet The Robinsons characters should host the Carousel of Progress at MK.

I still think Rodger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin should come to DHS, but where to put it is the question...

Rescuers Down Under could have a ride in a new Australian section of AK.

Tron should have a lightcycle thrill ride in the former Wonders of Life pavilion at Epcot.

After the Princess Fairytale Hall has run it's course in Fantasyland (formerly Snow White's Scary Adventures), Repunsel and Flynn Rider should move in for a Tangled dark ride.

New scenes should be added to the Great Movie Ride for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Tron, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. (Replace Alien, Tarzan and Gangster).

There are just some ideas I've had.

I agree with some things, but hate others. Hercules (and I think I've said this before), the Disney movie, is almost completely different from the ancient legend/myth. How so? They didn't even get the antagonist right. In the myth, Hera punishes Heracles because she's mad that Zeus had an illegitimate son. Hades wasn't the bad guy. World Showcase is about world cultures, not American spins on other cultures.

Meet the Robinsons in Carousel of Progress would be a nightmare. That's like UNM 2.0.

Other than that, not bad. Though I think a lightcycle ride is far more fitting at DHS.

mimitchi33

Sorry for bumping this thread!
Not a Disney movie, but a ride which never had a movie (Unless you count Would You Eat a Blue Potato).
I had a fantastic idea for a Figment and Dreamfinder movie! (I want Figment and Dreamfinder to have their own movie, and I hope my wish comes true someday!)
The movie would be like this:
Marley Hanson, a very curious 7-year old finds the Dreamcatcher at a carnival. Thinking it is an inflatable ride, she gets sent to Figment and Dreamfinder's world. But there's a problem. NightmareKota, a monster that only comes once every 90 years, is trying to take all the Imagination away from Figment and Dreamfinder's world, which shatters all the other resident's views of the world. Will Marley save Figment's world? Or will NightmareKota cause the end of that world-forever?
Sounds awesome, isn't it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom