Movies that have no ride/attraction at WDW

WDW_Emily

This is, regretably, exactly what I was thinking. Although we may be fans of movis they will never see the light of day in a Disney park unless they were exceptionally popular. There's also movies like Cars and Finding Nemo that i don't see why are so popular and their overwhelming presence in the Parks annoys me. Treasure Planet is one of my favorite movies and I thought it was visually excellent with good characters. This movie however failed to do well in the box office and is now treated like one of Disney's illegitimate movie children. I don't think i've ever seen anything from Treasure Planet in the parks, not even characters for autographs. Disney had high hopes for this movie and when they weren't met then Disney dropped the idea for a television series, a sequal and any thought of Park space being devoted to it. We may not like it but that's how it is. :(

I absolutely hated cars. Easily my least favorite Disney Pixar movie. I teach in a 1st grade classroom and most of the kids like toy story and the incredibles more than Cars. I understand the need for more boy things in the park but I wish cars wasn't how.

And people keep talking about staying power. Nemo was created in 2003, not even 10 years after being made, it has 3 attractions. Turtle Talk(2004), The Seas with Nemo and Friends(2007), and Finding Nemo the Musical (2007). Why do movies like lets say Mulan which has staying power not have an attraction?.

And really a movie doesn't have to have staying power to get an attraction. Song of the South and Splash Mountain?

cheezbat

Personally, I think it's crazy that Aladdin has not gotten a dark ride...I would probably put that in either Adventureland or Fantasyland in the MK...and Jungle Book...AK all the way! Why has this not been made into a boat ride ALA Pirates or Maelstrom? Fun songs, memorable characters, a ride anybody could enjoy in a park that needs it!

ElvisMickey

I think something like The Great Movie Ride but with different Disney films would be awesome. I would love to see The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow from Ichabod And Mr. Toad represented. They could do an awesome scene with the Headless Horseman. And I'm probably one of the few who would love Black Cauldron representation!

However that would require creativity and thinking outside the "how much is this going to cost us" box. And it would also mean ignorning Pirates, Princesses and Pixar. So much for that idea.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'd love to see Hercules in the parks - would go great in a Greece pavilion.

But at least in MK - I don't really want to see any more dark rides that just go through the story. I'm excited to see the mine coaster because it's a different way to incorporate a story than just a slow moving ride w/animatronics. If they bring any other Disney movies in the parks, I want to see them in a different way than just a slow moving dark ride.

I'd rather see original attractions than anything else.

I'm sorry but are you saying that Snow White's Scary Adventures and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride are not original? If so, I'm confused...

I enjoy any and all dark rides. I personally LOVE them! So I'm disagreeing with you alot, I guess this means you're not going to like the new Ariel ride very much, and I guess you're not too fond of the Haunted Mansion and Buzz Lightyear either... :rolleyes:

mp2bill

IMO there has to be something in the movie that you can make a ride out of. While all the movies you listed are good movies, the most I could think of doing with any of them is just making a dark ride about their stories:shrug:

Agreed

Spike-in-Berlin

Treasure Planet is one of my favorite movies and I thought it was visually excellent with good characters. This movie however failed to do well in the box office and is now treated like one of Disney's illegitimate movie children. I don't think i've ever seen anything from Treasure Planet in the parks, not even characters for autographs. Disney had high hopes for this movie and when they weren't met then Disney dropped the idea for a television series, a sequal and any thought of Park space being devoted to it. We may not like it but that's how it is. :(

Actually Treasure Planet was not exactly what you call "failed to do well". There were quite a lot Disney movies that "failed to do well" but Treasure Planet was a BOX OFFICE BOMB! The greatest flop in Disney's history of animated movies. It makes even Atlantis look like Camerons Titanic. It is quite understandable that Disney ignores the movie in the parks completely.

Spike-in-Berlin

would love to see The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow from Ichabod And Mr. Toad represented.

Sorry but there was an attraction about that movie for decades. Have you never done or even heard about Mr. Toads Wild Ride? Was a dark ride in MK's Fantasyland and was replaced years ago by Winnie Pooh. It's still existing in DL however.

Animaniac93-98

The Apple Dumpling Gang in Frontierland

I believe instrumental music from the movie can be found in the BTMRR music loop (along with other "western" Disney movie tunes). I'm guessing you meant this as a joke, but even funnier, it's technically there already!

WDW music loops are cool in that they actually reference a number of obscuer Disney products.

Oliver and Company will never have one, the movie was no big success

It was the highest grossing animated feature ever when not adjusting for inflation upon its release, so yes it was. Problem was it didn't stand the test of time with future reissues.

Lady and the Tramp is a completely different story, that's a cult classic.

"Cult classic"? It's one of thier top 10 best selling home video titles. I don't think "cult" was the word you were looking for.

Good to see others appreciating the Boatniks reference. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom