Movies that have no ride/attraction at WDW

Thrill

I think the problem with many of the possible movies that you listed is that there isn't really a place for them. Bambi could go to Animal Kingdom, but it would need a North America land to work. You can't really say that Hercules would fit in at a Greece pavilion at Epcot, because the movie has almost zero relation to the ancient myth. Sure they could go to Hollywood Studios, but there's not enough room there for all of the classics to fit.

Cmdr_Crimson

How about these little jems..

The Apple Dumpling Gang in Frontierland
The Gnome Mobile In Fantasyland
The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes in Innoventions

Spike-in-Berlin

Mulan, Hercules, Fox and the Hound, and a whole bunch more.

Mulan has a (minor) attraction, with Mushu playing a role in The Magic of Disney Animation in DHS.

Fox and Hound however were not very successful, you are absolutely right, that it wouldn't make sense to create an attraction based on an underachieving movie with no impact on pop culture whatsoever.

Oliver and Company doesn't have one and i think they could make a dark ride out of it same with 101 dalmatians and lady and the tramp supporting my idea of scraping storybook circus and making it a Disney pets area which could also include the Aristocats and fox and the hound. that area would have been awesome!

plaz10

I'd love to see Hercules in the parks - would go great in a Greece pavilion.

But at least in MK - I don't really want to see any more dark rides that just go through the story. I'm excited to see the mine coaster because it's a different way to incorporate a story than just a slow moving ride w/animatronics. If they bring any other Disney movies in the parks, I want to see them in a different way than just a slow moving dark ride.

I'd rather see original attractions than anything else.

EvilQueen-T

i like the idea of something jungle book being in animal kingdom. i don't think it would be any more out of place than say...oh the dinoland smack dab in the middle of all the africa, asia type lands lol.

i think it would also be nice if they'd start showing the old disney shows on disney channel to make places like frontierland more relevant. when i was growing up we'd watch wonderful world of disney, in school we saw a lot of the animal related educational documentary type disney short movies/shows, and watched reruns of old disney shows. so when you'd get to frontierland you knew why it was there. just being able to watch the old shows/movies again would be easier to do than trying to add every movie to the parks but would be something to bring it back like the pirates movies and alaadin have made the adventureland area more disney again.

EvilQueen-T

ok so i have to admit regardless of which movies make it into the parks i'm just excited that the evil queen has made it back into disney commercials again :sohappy:.

Yankee Mouse

I don't necessarily think you need rides of all the movies, but I wouldn't mind seeing greater representation of some of the classic movies that don't have rides. Even just simple things like having them in parades, involve them in meet/greets or just have some other type of representation, like the sword in the stone, near the carousel.

elchippo

i like the idea of something jungle book being in animal kingdom. i don't think it would be any more out of place than say...oh the dinoland smack dab in the middle of all the africa, asia type lands lol.

i think it would also be nice if they'd start showing the old disney shows on disney channel to make places like frontierland more relevant. when i was growing up we'd watch wonderful world of disney, in school we saw a lot of the animal related educational documentary type disney short movies/shows, and watched reruns of old disney shows. so when you'd get to frontierland you knew why it was there. just being able to watch the old shows/movies again would be easier to do than trying to add every movie to the parks but would be something to bring it back like the pirates movies and alaadin have made the adventureland area more disney again.

wouldnt it be great if Disney created a Vault Disney-type cable channel? Sort of how TV Land evolved out of Nick at Nite....

Magenta Panther

But "Lady" does have a restaurant in Town Square. I think the biggest travesty is the lack of Jungle Book or Mary Poppins presence. There could/should be more of each.

I agree, especially about Mary Poppins. That movie was a huge hit, and is considered by many to be Walt's masterpiece. Yet there is practically nothing about it in the parks. A very sad omission in my opinion.

Spike-in-Berlin

Oliver and Company doesn't have one and i think they could make a dark ride out of it same with 101 dalmatians and lady and the tramp supporting my idea of scraping storybook circus and making it a Disney pets area which could also include the Aristocats and fox and the hound. that area would have been awesome!

Oliver and Company will never have one, the movie was no big success and just like Fox and the Hound never gained cult status. Many people nowadays don't even have heard of it.
Lady and the Tramp is a completely different story, that's a cult classic. But being a classic is not enought, the movie has to offer good opportunities for the design of the ride. What could you make out of Lady and the Tramp that would be really interesting as a 21st century dark ride?

ScorpionX

Oliver & Company wouldn't fit the theme of Fantasyland for the film took place in New York.

Spike-in-Berlin

I'd love to see Hercules in the parks - would go great in a Greece pavilion.

But at least in MK - I don't really want to see any more dark rides that just go through the story. I'm excited to see the mine coaster because it's a different way to incorporate a story than just a slow moving ride w/animatronics. If they bring any other Disney movies in the parks, I want to see them in a different way than just a slow moving dark ride.

I'd rather see original attractions than anything else.

Honestly, who really loves this movie? I mean compared to a lot of other animated disney movies that became classics and cult movies and still don't have an attraction too: Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, Jungle Book, The Rescuers etc.

Silver Figment

Disney has so many classic films that one could make the argument for most of them to have a larger presence in the parks, if not their own ride or show. There are so many possibilities within the Disney canon that WDW would literally be ALL dark rides for them to bring them all to fruition.

You won't see something like Hercules placed further in the parks, because it never remained popular enough amongst the average person to make it worth their while. You can't just say, "I love Princess and the Frog, that means everyone else must too, what's the deal Disney? Give us what we want!" Because you might actually be in the minority of fandom, and Disney deals with revenue numbers first and foremost.

This is, regretably, exactly what I was thinking. Although we may be fans of movis they will never see the light of day in a Disney park unless they were exceptionally popular. There's also movies like Cars and Finding Nemo that i don't see why are so popular and their overwhelming presence in the Parks annoys me. Treasure Planet is one of my favorite movies and I thought it was visually excellent with good characters. This movie however failed to do well in the box office and is now treated like one of Disney's illegitimate movie children. I don't think i've ever seen anything from Treasure Planet in the parks, not even characters for autographs. Disney had high hopes for this movie and when they weren't met then Disney dropped the idea for a television series, a sequal and any thought of Park space being devoted to it. We may not like it but that's how it is. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom