More Insider Updates

aklodge

Do they have any plans for River Country? How long are they going to let it sit there and rot away before they finally either A) tear it down or B) do something with it?

Rosso11

Screamscape was the first I heard of it. For all I know, it could be in the very early planning stages. If it was leaked to a fansite, that sometimes means it's a blue sky project that somebody is hoping to get going through fan excitement.

Of course, I can't think of a time that has every worked, and is usually a ploy used by new imagineers.

No, this was no ploy by any imagineer because I'm no imagineer unfortunatly. I first reported this from a very good friend of mine back in January when this project was moving along very quickly. It has since slowed down a bit but is still going foward as of a few weeks ago. As of now its planned to open 2008.

ToTBellHop

this has been discussed many times--there are no plans to fix it up or remove it, as there is no reason to do either. Why remove something if there are no plans to use the land? It's generally environmentally-friendly, except for the lone innertube I saw in there last time hahaha. Hopefully, they have taken that out...

I'm sure all the 'gators love having their own waterslides. It's a party every night at River Country.

hrcollectibles

I think I am also a believer as the stuff that he has told us is nothing that does not seem plausible or they are ideas that have been discussed for a long time but are ideas that are well beyond blue sky. The TL expansion seemed to almost be green-lit after the sucess of C&G.

However, two questions for Roy Disney:
1 - What type of video is being thrown around for ST?:drevil:

2 - For any BB expansion would the expansion simply come off of the mountain because I cannot see any other logical ride that would not totally mess up the themeing?

Pardon my ignorance but what do the bolded initals stand for?

PurpleDragon

I'm sorry but nobody believes this BS "insider info"l, give it up....

Since when do you speak for the entire group of visitors to this site? It amazes me when people make bold statements like this thinking they soley speak for everyone on the boards.

I personally would like to think this is valid info, but as it has been said before, I will take it with a grain of salt till it has been confirmed.

Either way thanks for the info ReDisniey E-Dew. :wave:

ImaYoyo

I hope for this person's job security that they're full of it. I remember when I had "the talk" for posting some information that I probably shouldn't have.

DicksonGR

I am not aware of any plans to close "Dream Along with Mickey," and I did not suggest any such plans. Read between the lines on that.

Possibly DAWM during the day and Cinderellabration during the evening. Was the Tokyo version not performed when it was dark? Just a thought .... It all sounds very interesting. Thanks for the updates.:wave:

erasure fan1

I will play the wait and see game before I start jumping up and down. I am hoping that the star tours info is going to happen because that would rock. I also agree we need a 3rd water park to lower the crowds but it would be nice to get a new attraction over at typhoon too. My fingers are crossed, I hope its true.

comics101

My guess is that you and everyone else already knows the answer to this one. Crush'n Gusher was an attraction that was essentially sent in from one company, constructed over the winter by cast members, and then themed (less than was originally desired :brick: ). For a relatively small amount of money, Typhoon Lagoon was greatly enhanced and its theming was kept consistent.

Now compare that to anything we could do at Blizzard Beach. Although we have about three or four concepts that we could do if management requested something new at Blizzard Beach, the costs are substantially higher. Whatever you do at Blizzard Beach, the theming costs are just insane. I love the ideas behind BB, even if I do think in hindsight there should be much more shaded areas, but the fact is that BB is viewed as the smaller of the two waterparks, and it will stay that way. Not only due to costs, but also due to the fact that BB is pretty much maxed out in size.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, bc I want to, but you're not scared of losing your job?? You keep referencing yourself as "we", and although I'm referencing to JHM, there was an article written recently that stated WDI is tighting up on leaking things, and that imaginears, which I assume you are, will be fired imeadiatly if they're caught leaking info. You say everything with extreme confidence, which is why I'm leaning on the "believer" side, but still, I would assume you value your job and if you were somehow in the company, I wouldn't think you'd be leaking all this info just to make some fanboys happy. Does all this make sense??:lol:

I hope for this person's job security that they're full of it. I remember when I had "the talk" for posting some information that I probably shouldn't have.

maybe he/she is someone so high up the chain that they can't easily be fired..come on, it COULD be roy, right? ;)

I don't really care if they're true or not, they're said with such confidence that they're fun to read anyways, for the entertainment value, even if they are just someone's ideas that should probably be on the imagineering forum of this site instead. (not saying I believe one way or the other...)

MetFan81

there doesn't seem to be that much room left on the mountain. Granted, waterslides can be snaked in, if need be, they just have to be tastefully placed--if you put in too many slides, it'd throw off the theme and scale, and suddenly Mount Gushmore wouldn't look like a mountain at all.

I agree with your statement. The only place I figure they could add slides is on the back side of the mountain to the right side of the triple slides (right side if you are looking at the mountain upon entering the park).

Even then you could only add maybe 2 or 3 slides, nothing that would be a signature item such as C&G.

As to TL, I am not sur if I love the "Beach Boys" idea. This sounds familar to a rumor after C&G was finished calling for a storm battered car wash themed slide area. I mean, I know TL once was a "community" but what is next a fun filled water adventure as the town's water damaged library.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Still trying to figure out how Star Tours becomes a mobile motion base within the existing ride building.... and with no plans showing up for a building extention it just dosn`t add up.

brkgnews

Still trying to figure out how Star Tours becomes a mobile motion base within the existing ride building.... and with no plans showing up for a building extention it just dosn`t add up.
Anything's possible in the imagination. :lookaroun :zipit:

More importantly... why would it become one? Would it travel to a certain destination -- an AA scene or something? You've got to admit, despite the chessy 80s movie, the sensation is still pretty darned realistic for something bolted to the ground in one place. I don't see how it "going" anywhere would really add anything that couldn't be simulated otherwise.

majortom1981

Easy but to of them in place of the three or four that they have and make it length wise. It doesnt have to be a long track either. It makes sense actually.

Vernonpush

Considering there really isn't much room back there at the Studios. Unless the "pods" travel over the back entrance of the Studios parking lot, into the *New* Star Wars Land ( to battle the HP@US)?:lol:

WDWFREAK53

Who says that it actually needs to "Go" anywhere. If you're enclosed in a simulator, the slight movement on a track left, right, forward, and back would almost act as a "glider" chair movement. It doesn't need to go to a destination.

What if the simulator sat in the middle of two 1/4 circle arcs of track. One going forward and back...the other side to side. The intersection of these two tracks would be the "home" position. The car could rotate and tip on a base that was attached to wheels on the track. Rolling up the track and spinning while you're angle upwards would really give you a different sensation (and smoother) than if you were just tipping back and forth and side to side on a static base.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom