More Insider Updates

tirian

I don't know whether or not there is a rewrite in the works for Cinderellabration, but I can confirm that WDW's Entertainment department did NOT want the version we had, and tried shutting it down from the beginning. They even ran tests to see how Cinderella's Surprise Celebration could be restaged for the Cinderellabration stage. Executive command is the only reason that Cinderellabration stayed around for the entire 50th anniversary; and notice that as soon as the 50th was over, the show was GONE!

p.s. DAWM is cool, but I don't like how they close the castle all day every Saturday to avoid moving stage props around.

Figment571

I'm guessing there won't be much movement forward or backward in Star Tours. If the one at Disney-MGM is like the one at Disneyland, there isn't much more room for the simulator to move. Is there talk of extending the building?

It's unlikely, but they could gut the whole thing and have a track inside.

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Does a Mr. C.B. have anything to do with the rewrite?

No, and I'm not going to put the initials of the person behind it either. It's really not one person pushing to get it back - the thinking is that there are several things in MK that are more geared to little boys and we need to keep those things which are geared to little girls. I personally think the show is fundamentally flawed, but like I said before, I'll keep an open mind until I see the new re-write.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Have fun with these:

- The new motion simulator vehicles for Star Tours are now finished minus paintwork and some theming elements. These babies are definitely some of the most technologically advanced vehicles we've ever designed at WDI. First of all, they will offer the smoothest, most realistic movements of any motion simulator in any theme park in the world. Second - and the nugget of info I dangle in front of you - they do so while simultaneously moving on a track at such a level of finesse that even the most sensitive or observant passenger is unable to detect the movement. My absolute favorite thing has got to be the new movement the vehicle uses for simulating light speed entry... more on that at a later date.

- Refurbishing the Haunted Mansion at WDW is a different kind of process - first, the scenes are cleaned and stripped down, then made to look brand-spanking new, and then made to look old again... but in a purposefully vintage kind of old. Various scenes are at different stages at this time. However, one of the biggest jobs that has to be completed quickly is the replacement of every single "doombuggy." Two new doombuggy models were already in place to test them with guests, but now we have the arduous task of replacing every single one of the old ones with the new versions. This involves moving the conveyor belt one unit further at a time where a team of maintenance guys/gals un-bolts them and carries out "somewhere." The new doombuggy must then be bolted in place by a separate team waiting a few feet farther down the conveyor.

- The new Typhoon Lagoon addition is now going full steam ahead. WDI is finalizing the blueprints for the fully themed area which will be located adjacent to the Crush'n Gusher ride in what is now referred to as the "boneyard" by cast members. The addition will still allow for future developments in that area, but also bump up the guest capacity for the park. You can expect the new attraction to fully compliment Crush'n Gusher in its theming and further the backstory of Typhoon Lagoon previously being a seaside village. Stay far away from this area if you dislike the Beach Boys, however.

- Cinderellabration will be receiving a few changes in its performance. Guest reviews of the show have consistently depicted it as being "fluff." While it was never meant to be a tremendous display of depth (and in my opinion, it lacks the "magic"), it seems that guests agree with what I have thought from the point in time it was decided it should be transplanted to the Magic Kingdom. We won't mention the happy exec's name who wanted it there... he knows who he is. I'm completely uninvolved with the rewrite, but I would suspect that the changes won't be major. Oh the opportunity that was missed in placing a drama event in front of the castle.

Remember to take your daily allotment of salt.

Thanks for the update ReDisniey E-Dew :sohappy:

Dont let the haters and nonbelievers get you down.

Anyway, is there any news on the new restaurant Tortuga? is that still being planned? Any timeframe? :eek:

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Thanks for the update ReDisniey E-Dew :sohappy:

Dont let the haters and nonbelievers get you down.

Anyway, is there any news on the new restaurant Tortuga? is that still being planned? Any timeframe? :eek:

Screamscape was the first I heard of it. For all I know, it could be in the very early planning stages. If it was leaked to a fansite, that sometimes means it's a blue sky project that somebody is hoping to get going through fan excitement.

Of course, I can't think of a time that has every worked, and is usually a ploy used by new imagineers.

ToTBellHop

I'm sorry but nobody believes this bull "insider info"l, give it up....
you are speaking for everyone? Not saying I believe it, but I do fail to NOT believe it. Notice that none of this site's "in the know" people have called this guy out yet, as they more than happily do toward all the other know-it-alls? At least everything is plausible.

------------------------

ReDisneiy, another intriguing post. Thanks. I am definitely looking forward to both the new Mansion and the redone Star Tours, but I am left to wonder why Blizzard Beach doesn't get any love?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I'm sorry but nobody believes this bull "insider info"l, give it up....
You're not speaking for me... I'm not believe it yet, but I'm not dismissing it either.

I'll wait for something to unfold

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
ReDisneiy, another intriguing post. Thanks. I am definitely looking forward to both the new Mansion and the redone Star Tours, but I am left to wonder why Blizzard Beach doesn't get any love?

My guess is that you and everyone else already knows the answer to this one. Crush'n Gusher was an attraction that was essentially sent in from one company, constructed over the winter by cast members, and then themed (less than was originally desired :brick: ). For a relatively small amount of money, Typhoon Lagoon was greatly enhanced and its theming was kept consistent.

Now compare that to anything we could do at Blizzard Beach. Although we have about three or four concepts that we could do if management requested something new at Blizzard Beach, the costs are substantially higher. Whatever you do at Blizzard Beach, the theming costs are just insane. I love the ideas behind BB, even if I do think in hindsight there should be much more shaded areas, but the fact is that BB is viewed as the smaller of the two waterparks, and it will stay that way. Not only due to costs, but also due to the fact that BB is pretty much maxed out in size.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I'm surprised that a third waterpark isn't in the works (or bringing back River Country)... if you've ever been to a WDW waterpark in the summer, the demand is definitely there... although with Aquatica already under construction, perhaps that will lessen the need for another water park at WDW.

IcicleM

Awesome post. It'll be nice to see what the disbelievers on here say when you prove them wrong.

I'm so glad the Mansion's being redone. It's about time.

Any word on that "Pirateland" idea? Is it bluesky, made up, or are they making sketches and thinking it up? Or maybe you'll save telling that to us for a later date?

DarkMeasures

The thing is, some of this stuff will probably never be known as true. As there is no way to prove it. Especially if a project gets canceled/changed/or delayed.

The haunted mansion one sounds like almost 100% true though just because that would be the obvious way to rehab an attraction such as the HM.

Though knowing insider information is more of a curse than anything. You want to tell the world, but not only would the internet not believe you, but you would probably get in trouble.

MetFan81

I think I am also a believer as the stuff that he has told us is nothing that does not seem plausible or they are ideas that have been discussed for a long time but are ideas that are well beyond blue sky. The TL expansion seemed to almost be green-lit after the sucess of C&G.

However, two questions for Roy Disney:
1 - What type of video is being thrown around for ST?:drevil:

2 - For any BB expansion would the expansion simply come off of the mountain because I cannot see any other logical ride that would not totally mess up the themeing?

ToTBellHop

there doesn't seem to be that much room left on the mountain. Granted, waterslides can be snaked in, if need be, they just have to be tastefully placed--if you put in too many slides, it'd throw off the theme and scale, and suddenly Mount Gushmore wouldn't look like a mountain at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom