More Insider Updates

WhyteAL

Thanks for the update ReDisniey E Dew...I hope what your reporting/post is right.

Also if the specualtion on the boards is correct and you are someone that is high up in the chain of command at disney...could the dew at the end of your name mean you like Moutain Dew and if so...could that mean a new contract with pepsi, which would staff the park with pepsi products in order for me to get my little fix of mountain dew when on vacation!:lookaroun ...Please!!!!!!!

Sorry about that it happens when you do to much dew :D

IcicleM

Haha, cute post. My dad would LOVE them to sign with Pepsi again, but I don't think that they'll do that, unfortunately. I like Pepsi products too, and I'd like a little variety sometime as well. Mmmm, Code Red Mountain Dew while in line for Space Mountain...

jmmc

I second that question about when the new Star Tours is scheduled. And will the old ride still be open this November?

Vernonpush

Thanks for the update ReDisniey E Dew...I hope what your reporting/post is right.

Also if the specualtion on the boards is correct and you are someone that is high up in the chain of command at disney...could the dew at the end of your name mean you like Moutain Dew and if so...could that mean a new contract with pepsi, which would staff the park with pepsi products in order for me to get my little fix of mountain dew when on vacation!:lookaroun ...Please!!!!!!!

Sorry about that it happens when you do to much dew :D
Ummm... I don't think so. Look at the name: ReDisniey E Dew oh, reverse that... weD E yeinsiDeR. Change the caps and spacing: WEDeye(I) insider, thus WEDI insider:brick: . Either he can not be fired for "leaking" this info. or he can't be traced, or he's just full of BS and trying to fill our pathetic lives with some sort of hope for the future.:lol:

Vernonpush

Haha, cute post. My dad would LOVE them to sign with Pepsi again, but I don't think that they'll do that, unfortunately. I like Pepsi products too, and I'd like a little variety sometime as well. Mmmm, Code Red Mountain Dew while in line for Space Mountain...

MMMMmmm, Diet Pepsi Max! Just out this week!

WDWFREAK53

Ummm... I don't think so. Look at the name: ReDisniey E Dew oh, reverse that... weD E yeinsiDeR. Change the caps and spacing: WEDeye(I) insider, thus WEDI insider:brick: . Either he can not be fired for "leaking" this info. or he can't be traced, or he's just full of BS and trying to fill our pathetic lives with some sort of hope for the future.:lol:

Sheesh, solving his name riddle should lead you to the next step in finding the National Treasure :lol:

Are you sure his name isn't Tom Marvolo Riddle? :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Who says that it actually needs to "Go" anywhere. If you're enclosed in a simulator, the slight movement on a track left, right, forward, and back would almost act as a "glider" chair movement. It doesn't need to go to a destination.

What if the simulator sat in the middle of two 1/4 circle arcs of track. One going forward and back...the other side to side. The intersection of these two tracks would be the "home" position. The car could rotate and tip on a base that was attached to wheels on the track. Rolling up the track and spinning while you're angle upwards would really give you a different sensation (and smoother) than if you were just tipping back and forth and side to side on a static base.
I thought that too, but the current left and right minimum clearence of the motion base mounted cabin to the entry/exit ramps is only a few feet.... any track movement to the sides and you can forget lateral rolling. Moving the cabin forward a foot or two (at the most) whilst pitching hard back could have some effect and vice versa, but that`s an awful lot of money to spend for an effect an awful lot of money wouldn`t notice. I do hope I`m wrong, but I can`t see it happening.

WDWFREAK53

I thought that too, but the current left and right minimum clearence of the motion base mounted cabin to the entry/exit ramps is only a few feet.... any track movement to the sides and you can forget lateral rolling. Moving the cabin forward a foot or two (at the most) whilst pitching hard back could have some effect and vice versa, but that`s an awful lot of money to spend for an effect an awful lot of money wouldn`t notice. I do hope I`m wrong, but I can`t see it happening.

Larger cabins only using 4 bays instead of 6.

The space used now needs to be looked at as a whole...not individual. As of now nobody knows the size/layout/amount of simulators (if they will even be simulators! LOL). The space which houses all 6 simulators could be gutted down to one open "warehouse" box and then rethemed, redesigned, etc. to allow for larger simulators/ride vehicles to fit.

Vernonpush

Larger cabins only using 4 bays instead of 6.

The space used now needs to be looked at as a whole...not individual. As of now nobody knows the size/layout/amount of simulators (if they will even be simulators! LOL). The space which houses all 6 simulators could be gutted down to one open "warehouse" box and then rethemed, redesigned, etc. to allow for larger simulators/ride vehicles to fit.

Still, if you increase the cabin size, and reduce the number of cabins, nothing is gained! The R/P/M, G/P/M (riders/guests per minute does not increase) unless that is not a problem (besides Star War Weekends). Most of the times I've been there (even in the end of June) it's a walk-on attraction. Maybe, they don't deserve a FastPass.

WDWFREAK53

Still, if you increase the cabin size, and reduce the number of cabins, nothing is gained! The R/P/M, G/P/M (riders/guests per minute does not increase) unless that is not a problem (besides Star War Weekends). Most of the times I've been there (even in the end of June) it's a walk-on attraction. Maybe, they don't deserve a FastPass.

I wasn't talking about the capacity of the attraction. I was talking about actual space being used by the simulators. If you have 6 simulators that hold 40 people. That's 240 people. If you have 4 simulators that hold 60 people...you are still having the same capacity but using only 2/3's of the space (theoretically)...I understand that the cabins themselves would be larger.

Vernonpush

I wasn't talking about the capacity of the attraction. I was talking about actual space being used by the simulators. If you have 6 simulators that hold 40 people. That's 240 people. If you have 4 simulators that hold 60 people...you are still having the same capacity but using only 2/3's of the space (theoretically)...I understand that the cabins themselves would be larger.
yes, 1/3 larger . But the way things are going in America, they would need to be wider, for 40 people it sit in a cabin originaly designed, those same seats would need to be larger.:lol:

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I'll try to respond to as many posts as possible, but I'm sure I'll miss a few.

1. I'm obviously not going to reveal who I am or what position I hold. I cannot be traced (my ISP information should be getting bounced around everywhere in the country - have fun with that one) and I write in a different style than I would normally speak or write in when access this username. Still, I don't think anyone in the WDC is going to try to stop me; I follow some self-set guidelines in which I will not reveal any story details about future rides, I will not name names, and I only speak in vague terms.

2. I didn't realize people had heard of a rumor about a car wash themed ride at TL... that's interesting. :zipit:

3. All but one poster have been completely cold on what I'm describing when I discuss Star Tours moving on a track. That's to be expected though... nobody has done exactly what we're going to do with this one. As for its capacity and its fast pass status: the capacity should be increased to approximately triple what is there now and the fastpass is expected to be needed. We fully expect Star Tours to be a ToT / RnRC caliber ride in the minds of our guests. George does also.

4. I'm not comfortable speaking about exactly what BB expansions we have ready in the event that we are called on for a new attraction. I know BB is a unique water park, and many would love to hear some new info, but that will have to wait for now.

5. Sorry - can't speak about any changes coming for the Disney MGM Studios in regards to Disney and Pixar's relationship. If you have questions about Toy Story Mania, check my previous update.

6. I don't know when exacty Star Tours will go down for its refurbishment. That decision will be a collaborative decision on the part of park management, upper executives, and the Lucas people.

7. Have fun... the next time I post may be for the next update. See ya!

WDWFigment

In the time I've frequented this site, rumors have been denounced because "no one would post them if they were an imagineer because they would be afraid of losing their job." But honestly, how does WDI know who is posting this information? Do they get the IP address of the poster and trace it back to the machine? Certainly not. As long as someone only posts information that a good number of people are privy to, and doesn't give away information that could compromise their identity, I see difficulties in ascertaining the poster's identity, and thus, firing them. If I'm missing something, someone please let me know, I want to know how WDI finds out who is leaking information.

Not saying I believe the poster, but it does provide an interesting read (as does speculation on how to mend the gap in logical disparities that the poster overlooked)!

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
In the time I've frequented this site, rumors have been denounced because "no one would post them if they were an imagineer because they would be afraid of losing their job." But honestly, how does WDI know who is posting this information? Do they get the IP address of the poster and trace it back to the machine? Certainly not. As long as someone only posts information that a good number of people are privy to, and doesn't give away information that could compromise their identity, I see difficulties in ascertaining the poster's identity, and thus, firing them. If I'm missing something, someone please let me know, I want to know how WDI finds out who is leaking information.

Not saying I believe the poster, but it does provide an interesting read (as does speculation on how to mend the gap in logical disparities that the poster overlooked)!

I know I said I probably wouldn't post again until the next update, but let's do one more:

There are employees who would rat you out in a heart beat if they've ever disagreed with you in an open idea meeting. I wouldn't put it past them to try to get the ISP information from a moderator or admin. As an official policy, no, WDI does not actively attempt to find leakers unless the leaker releases something big. If the leaker does something that definitely breaks the NDA, then sure, you've got a breach of contract and a PR problem.

As for logical disparities... sometimes being vague means I purposefully leave some gaps that I don't intend to be connected. If I respond and give further information on a topic within my update, then I never intended to leave people in the dark and am trying to clarify a bit (i.e. the "vintage" term for HM).

WDWFigment

Thank you for clarifying! But you did break one of your own rules; you named a name: George Lucas! Ohhh, is he gonna be sore that you revealed he is involved with a Star Wars project! ;)

Imaginationeer

Are we supposed to believe this. Well, maybe we should because it is all stuff that has been talked about already, with the exception of the stage show that's not coming back.:cool:

Vernonpush

Are we supposed to believe this. Well, maybe we should because it is all stuff that has been talked about already, with the exception of the stage show that's not coming back.:cool:
Maybe that's the one piece of information that will "catch" him as the informant.:lookaroun :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom