More Insider Updates

Foolish1

You are all assuming that any track for Star Tours would move horizontally.
Why not vertically? That would add a definite "thrill" to it, and also eliminate
the need for more clearance between cabins. And you could also allow the
cabins to rotate around a vertical axis as well.

Hmmm... sheer genius!

Enigma

Account Suspended
You are all assuming that any track for Star Tours would move horizontally.
Why not vertically? That would add a definite "thrill" to it, and also eliminate
the need for more clearance between cabins. And you could also allow the
cabins to rotate around a vertical axis as well.

Hmmm... sheer genius!

Vertically would be a problem due to roof clearance.

wickedfan07

Look at the name: ReDisniey E Dew oh, reverse that... weD E yeinsiDeR. Change the caps and spacing: WEDeye(I) insider, thus WEDI insider.

Very clever. :wave: These insider updates are getting very interesting. I'm waiting to see what happens, but things are indeed very interesting.

cupanudles

Thanks for your input ReDisniey E-Dew, I really appreciate it. In your next update or reply can you enlighten us on what the heck is or will be going on in the Experimental Prototype Community of Tommorow?

majortom1981

hmm

You don't need a long horizontal track .A short one will do. Only long enough for you to get the feeling that you are going foward when you are doing things .

Then you can have the car do things like spin around and go the other way to simulate turning.

So you dont ened a LONG track. A ashort one will do. If needed later I can draw it on paint lol

the whole car wouldnt spin just the top portion. Like on an office chair.

comics101

ReDisniey E-Dew could you maybe give a little update on Journey Into Imagination? I don't want to start any contriversy (sp?) but I really, really want JII to be refurbed. So, please...

Champion

You don't need a long horizontal track .A short one will do. Only long enough for you to get the feeling that you are going foward when you are doing things .

Then you can have the car do things like spin around and go the other way to simulate turning.

So you dont ened a LONG track. A ashort one will do. If needed later I can draw it on paint lol

the whole car wouldnt spin just the top portion. Like on an office chair.

The logistics of spinning a simulator the size of a Stormrider sim is ... immense, to say the least. The building would have to be huge, much larger than it current is, as the first change.

majortom1981

The logistics of spinning a simulator the size of a Stormrider sim is ... immense, to say the least. The building would have to be huge, much larger than it current is, as the first change.

Why not doesnt Mission space spin? Why couldnt they make them smaller? Maybe making the vehicles half the size? They also dont have to spin but the track is still possible.

Champion

Why not doesnt Mission space spin? Why couldnt they make them smaller? Maybe making the vehicles half the size? They also dont have to spin but the track is still possible.

M:S is a centrifuge, which is MEANT to spin. Giant simulators the size of even the existing Star Tours cabins are not meant to. Stormrider sims are roughly 2.5x the size of ST sims.

You are talking tons and tons and tons of equipment.

ImaYoyo

Actually.... MENTIONING the fact that there is an NDA is a breech of said NDA.
I know I said I probably wouldn't post again until the next update, but let's do one more:

There are employees who would rat you out in a heart beat if they've ever disagreed with you in an open idea meeting. I wouldn't put it past them to try to get the ISP information from a moderator or admin. As an official policy, no, WDI does not actively attempt to find leakers unless the leaker releases something big. If the leaker does something that definitely breaks the NDA, then sure, you've got a breach of contract and a PR problem.

As for logical disparities... sometimes being vague means I purposefully leave some gaps that I don't intend to be connected. If I respond and give further information on a topic within my update, then I never intended to leave people in the dark and am trying to clarify a bit (i.e. the "vintage" term for HM).

majortom1981

M:S is a centrifuge, which is MEANT to spin. Giant simulators the size of even the existing Star Tours cabins are not meant to. Stormrider sims are roughly 2.5x the size of ST sims.

You are talking tons and tons and tons of equipment.

Yes but they could be smaller. They dont have to have the same amount of people. They could gut the whole building and have a whole bunch of smaller simulators instead of a few big ones. IF disney does redo this i dont think they will just redo the movie.

Champion

Yes but they could be smaller. They dont have to have the same amount of people. They could gut the whole building and have a whole bunch of smaller simulators instead of a few big ones. IF disney does redo this i dont think they will just redo the movie.

No, you need the capacity.

And no one said just redoing the movie. It will (or should) be more than that. But I doubt it will involve moving entire simulators around a building.

majortom1981

hmm

What I am talking about is a small track. NOT a huge one. Just one big enough for a feeling of going foward Maybe the ride goes 3 feet but if the ride spins in that 3 feet it could make it a better ride .

HE states in the first page that it uses a track. So either he is right and I could be right or this topic is fake. One or the other.

If it can ride on a track then why not make it spin? Unless all it does is move foward while tilted but that wouldnt fit the topic creators description of the most advanced since their are driving simulators that spin and move foward on a track.

Also if the vehicle was round wouldnt that take up less space?

imagineer boy

What I am talking about is a small track. NOT a huge one. Just one big enough for a feeling of going foward.

That's what I was thining. Just a small track with enough space for the simulator to move backwards and forwards on to enhance the motion of vehicles. Not like Spidey where it moves on a long track around a large building.

ToTBellHop

That's what I was thining. Just a small track with enough space for the simulator to move backwards and forwards on to enhance the motion of vehicles. Not like Spidey where it moves on a long track around a large building.
exactly. Don't understand all the folks saying this couldn't happen. It would be tight with the current set-up, but who said the current set-up is how it will stay. They just had a Sub Voyage redo at Disneyland costing $150,000,000, so I hardly consider it out of the question that we might find a changed layout in the new Star Tours. It would not take that much movement of walls to create simulators which can rest on a small track, and if you couple a slight amount of motion on a track seamlessly with the car tilting back, you can GREATLY enhance the realism of a strong thrust forward (like traveling at light speed as the OP mentioned). It's very doable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom