More food service changes

Soundstage'95CP

Original Poster
The modestly known Disney commentator/critic/writer Kevin Yee has indicated through his twitter/facebook that Disney is getting rid of beef hot dogs and will use pork/chicken instead. He also noted that the last master somnelier has left the World. So, I come here to the boards for confirmation of this and for your thoughts.

R.I.P. Casey's...your quality will surely be missed :(

SirGoofy

The modestly known Disney commentator/critic/writer Kevin Yee has indicated through his twitter/facebook that Disney is getting rid of beef hot dogs and will use pork/chicken instead. He also noted that the last master somnelier has left the World. So, I come here to the boards for confirmation of this and for your thoughts.

:fork:

Casey's is my favorite!

I doubt I'll be able to tell the difference though.:lol:

brich

Thoughts? Well I never really cared for Casey's dogs anyhow so maybe the new one's will be more to "my" liking.... :shrug:

NewfieFan

I've never had a hot dog at the "World"... it's true! My children have had them a couple of times but not I! I guess I won't know what I missed!?!

kungfoosally

NOOOOOOOO we love Casey's!! why would they change this? no beef hotdogs!? this is just soo not American. ye haw.

any idea when the change will happen? i hope we can get the last of the good un's when we go in november.

EPCOTPluto

Huh. I once had a hot dog at Casey's a year ago.

I, well, didn't really noted any difference. :shrug:

And yes, at least they aren't charging for the hot cheese sauce or extra tomatoes. :)

jakeman

How much more can the crappy parts of a cow cost than the crappy parts of pigs and chickens?

I'll be down at the beginning of October and see for myself.

You know what I dread more than this though? The random insertion this will get into rants about completely unrelated topics.

"Well we knew FL was going to suck because they got rid of the prime rib on the buffet and the all beef hot dogs."

DisneyMusician2

Normally I always take Kevin Yee with a LARGE grain of salt.....but why make the switch? This seems odd to me, and really probably would be a significant cost savings.

I'd love some sort of confirmation of this one before I judge whether this move works or not.

[He also noted that the last master somnelier has left the World[/B]

I dont believe they have ever had more than 2 Master Sommeliers concurrently. Considering there are only around 100 in the US that was pretty good. They do have over 300 certified sommeliers and supposedly there are a great number in training for the Master title.

livan126

It's a global change. I work at certain F&B location on property and we switched to the new blended hot dogs more than a month ago. So if you've had a hot dog in "the world" with in the past month, chances are you already had the new one.

stonehill1968

It's a global change. I work at certain F&B location on property and we switched to the new blended hot dogs more than a month ago. So if you've had a hot dog in "the world" with in the past month, chances are you already had the new one.

What's the plan for guests who keep Kosher (or Halal for that matter)? Obviously pork/chicken dogs unacceptable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom