More food service changes

kapeman

The taste of a dog has as much or more to do with the spices in it and whether it is boiled grilled or fried. I would be surprised if half of the people who say BEEF is king could pick it in a blind taste test. I am not stating this as a fact just my opinion based on what I have experienced.

I would take that challenge and pass it easily.

To me, anything non-beef tastes like bologna! :hurl:

marcriss

I love the "onions in the red tomatoey sauce" :D

NYC Street food is in a class by itesef. You just have to not think about the conditions when you are buying it.

How can you make chicken kabobos all day long when there is no refrigeration on your cart? Don't think about it, just eat it. :)

-dave

The Food Network did a food/science show on dirty water dogs. They compared the street water with various restaurant waters. Not that street dogs are anything but "dirty water dogs," but restaurant dogs on the whole weren't any cleaner. If you saw the petrie dishes you'd think twice about hot dogs anywhere....sadly I still get them for my kids:lookaroun

meekoman

Is this because it is cheaper or because Disney is trying to offer healthier options? If you saw how much fat is in a all beef hot dog, you'd puke.

Crazy4WDW1

I for one love the hot dogs at Casey's. I am still unhappy with the new wheat bun and the new fries. The shoe string fries were the best! I still continue to eat here because I loved the dogs. However, I'll give the new hot dogs a taste test in November. If I do not like the new dog, then I guess I won't be eating at Casey's any longer. :(

Phonedave

I would take that challenge and pass it easily.

To me, anything non-beef tastes like bologna! :hurl:

If you are anywhere near me, I will gladly serve you up some hot dogs.

I would fathom that you only buy supermarket dogs. Most supermarket dogs that are all beef are only all beef for kosher reasons, not taste. In order to make the dogs kosher, they must also have no fillers. Since a blended dog does not have to be kosher, most grocery store dogs that are blended are also loaded with fillers. That is what you are tasting.

I know where I can get some very good blended dogs. And I also know where I can get some pretty crappy all beef dogs.

As far as cooking styles go. we will go get a couple of rippers at Rutt's Hut and see if you can tell what its made out of. (For the record, they are not my favorite dog, but the cooking style is unique to say the least)

3450.JPG

Phonedave

The Food Network did a food/science show on dirty water dogs. They compared the street water with various restaurant waters. Not that street dogs are anything but "dirty water dogs," but restaurant dogs on the whole weren't any cleaner. If you saw the petrie dishes you'd think twice about hot dogs anywhere....sadly I still get them for my kids:lookaroun

The dogs are most likely the cleanest of the food - they use tongs.

The chicken kabobs are the ones that worry me :)

-dave

Phonedave

Beef hot dogs cost more. so Disney saves some money.

Not allways. I can show you some expensive blended dogs. But I don't think Disney is buying the expensive stuff.

Beef bolgna fried with plenty of mustard, sliced jalapeno peppers, on Roman Meal bread.:slurp:

Don't know where you are from, but you may have to be introduced to the wonder that is Taylor Ham

Like bologna, only better. However, no beef. There is a reason the generic name is "pork roll" :)

On a Kaiser roll with fried egg and cheese. A New Jersey staple

you say "Taylor Ham, egg, and cheese" and the counter man relpies "salt, pepper, catsup ?"

Beautiful

-dave

vonpluto

Not allways. I can show you some expensive blended dogs. But I don't think Disney is buying the expensive stuff.

Don't know where you are from, but you may have to be introduced to the wonder that is Taylor Ham

Like bologna, only better. However, no beef. There is a reason the generic name is "pork roll" :)

you say "Taylor Ham, egg, and cheese" and the counter man relpies "salt, pepper, catsup ?"

Beautiful

-dave

Oh yeah!
Made one this morning.
I have mine on a bagel though.:slurp:

Years ago there was Taylor Pork Roll CS on the Ocean City boardwalk.
Pork Roll and salt air. Perfect together!
:sohappy:

bugsbunny

Beautiful

-dave

Being a New Jersian outside of Philly, I concur regarding pork roll. It's awful as far as nutrional value goes, but it taste awesome.

Another of our regional yummies is scrapple. Since we are on the subject of hot dogs, scrapple is what does NOT make it into hot dogs! It's a regional breakfast "meat" made from "everything but the oink" from a pig. And as one of my out of town friends said "Scrapple, the other grey meat!". It comes in grey blocks that you slice down and fry. I personally like mine done in bacon grease, but others prefer them deep fried. Either way, it rocks!

And if you think hot dogs are made from junk, scrapple is about 99 CENTS a POUND generally making it about the same price as a can of dog food. So you know its all about quality! :ROFLOL:

vonpluto

Being a New Jersian outside of Philly, I concur regarding pork roll. It's awful as far as nutrional value goes, but it taste awesome.

Another of our regional yummies is scrapple. Since we are on the subject of hot dogs, scrapple is what does NOT make it into hot dogs! It's a regional breakfast "meat" made from "everything but the oink" from a pig. And as one of my out of town friends said "Scrapple, the other grey meat!". It comes in grey blocks that you slice down and fry. I personally like mine done in bacon grease, but others prefer them deep fried. Either way, it rocks!

And if you think hot dogs are made from junk, scrapple is about 99 CENTS a POUND generally making it about the same price as a can of dog food. So you know its all about quality! :ROFLOL:

Mmmmm, scrapple!:slurp:
Add scrapple and pork roll to the Disney breakfast buffets and they would approach perfection!:D
Well. That and a cold slice of Mack'n'Mancos.:ROFLOL:

trr1

Mmmmm, scrapple!:slurp:
Add scrapple and pork roll to the Disney breakfast buffets and they would approach perfection!:D
Well. That and a cold slice of Mack'n'Mancos.:ROFLOL:
Stop you're making my mouth water!!
why not add FRIED CORN MEAL MUSH:slurp::slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom