More food service changes

macsmom

Being a New Jersian outside of Philly, I concur regarding pork roll. It's awful as far as nutrional value goes, but it taste awesome.

Another of our regional yummies is scrapple. Since we are on the subject of hot dogs, scrapple is what does NOT make it into hot dogs! It's a regional breakfast "meat" made from "everything but the oink" from a pig. And as one of my out of town friends said "Scrapple, the other grey meat!". It comes in grey blocks that you slice down and fry. I personally like mine done in bacon grease, but others prefer them deep fried. Either way, it rocks!

And if you think hot dogs are made from junk, scrapple is about 99 CENTS a POUND generally making it about the same price as a can of dog food. So you know its all about quality! :ROFLOL:

I graduated in South Jersey about 30 years ago...I almost hate to admit how long ago it was! Anyway, my parents discovered scrapple and made it as a meal about once a week....you know, breakfast for dinner. I absolutely hated it! Yuck. Not deep-fried, not pan-fried. I think I would eat toast for dinner. :lol: I even drank milk and that is saying alot for me! I don't care for milk all that well either. But, it is a Philly thing so I tell myself now it can't be all that bad! I miss that place.

danna

trr1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom