More food service changes

NX2I85

Well, ________. Not that I eat a bunch of hot dogs anyway, but I'm exclusively a beef hot dog guy. Casey's was always a fave. Alas, no more. Looks like more Cosmic Ray's yummalicious chicken. :D

Phonedave

The change to different hot dogs - it's about time.

There is a reason you make a meat loaf with a beef/pork/veal mix as opposed to 100% beef - it tastes better. I never understood why people think 100% beef was somehow better than beef/pork or even beef/pork/chicken mix.

Maybe it's because I grew up with Sabrettes - i.e. New York City hot dogs.

Of course there are cheap 100% hot dogs, and cheap blended dogs. Different cuts, different fillers (ugh) and different spices.

I will have to check one of the new ones out next time I am there. I never liked Casey's dogs all that much. But then I get natural casing ones from a butcher, so I am a bit spoiled.

And yes, I know it stinks for the non-pork eating (whatever your reason is) crowd. Juet be aware, a 100% beef hot dog is not allways kosher either. Dry milk is a very common filler. I don't know if Caseys' dogs had it or not, but some do.

As for the Master Sommeliers. As was said, there are not many of them in existance - it is a freaking insane qualification to become one. Does anybody know if WDW let theirs go, or did he or she just leave for greener pastures. (or vinyards as the case may be)

-dave

kungfoosally

This actually makes me sad b/c I can't eat pork and I love the hot dogs.

actually i think the OP was mistaken. the article says: "Effective immediately -- though apparently not with any official announcement -- Walt Disney World restaurants no longer offer all-beef hot dogs. Instead they are serving weenies made with a mixture of beef and chicken."

so ok NOT pork/chicken... ( i thought that was a little weird when i read it.. it'd have been like sausage-dogs)

yankspy

The change to different hot dogs - it's about time.

There is a reason you make a meat loaf with a beef/pork/veal mix as opposed to 100% beef - it tastes better. I never understood why people think 100% beef was somehow better than beef/pork or even beef/pork/chicken mix.

Maybe it's because I grew up with Sabrettes - i.e. New York City hot dogs.

Of course there are cheap 100% hot dogs, and cheap blended dogs. Different cuts, different fillers (ugh) and different spices.

I will have to check one of the new ones out next time I am there. I never liked Casey's dogs all that much. But then I get natural casing ones from a butcher, so I am a bit spoiled.

And yes, I know it stinks for the non-pork eating (whatever your reason is) crowd. Juet be aware, a 100% beef hot dog is not allways kosher either. Dry milk is a very common filler. I don't know if Caseys' dogs had it or not, but some do.

As for the Master Sommeliers. As was said, there are not many of them in existance - it is a freaking insane qualification to become one. Does anybody know if WDW let theirs go, or did he or she just leave for greener pastures. (or vinyards as the case may be)

-dave
Me too. I used to love to grab a dirty water dog with those onions in that red tomatoey sauce. :slurp: I will wait until I taste one to judge it.

Kopp vers. 2.0

Unless it all moves to Gaston's Tavern. :lookaroun

Nah they will offer one dozen eggs every morning to help you get large... five dozen if you want to be roughly the size of a barn... :rolleyes:

But in all seriousness, I am quite upset that Casey's is ditching the beef hotdogs. It was always a stop for me on my first MK trip, late night pre extra magic hours.... get a hotdog/corndog bites, fries, and a coke... great late night snack

David

We love to eat at Casey's, but most of that enjoyment is because we are AT Casey's and back in the MK. We probably will not be able to tell much difference, in fact, I don't think I'll tell my wife and son and see if they notice the change in December.

Monorail_Orange

bills, beaks, hooves and spinal columns, lovely.

Adds some lovely crunch to your meal at Casey's! :ROFLOL:

All jokes aside, considering that personally I don't notice much difference in taste between the "all beef" and "blends" in the grocery store, this really leaves me non-plussed. IMHO, this is no big deal, the dogs will probably taste just the same :slurp:, and be a bit healthier overall.

Tiggerfanatic

Lump me into the "not liking beef hot dogs" category, too. I've never had a Casey's dog for that reason. I actaully suscribe to the theory that the cheaper the hot dog, the better it tastes (and by the time I load it up with chili, cheese & cole slaw, the hot dog really becomes an afterthought!)

Phonedave

Me too. I used to love to grab a dirty water dog with those onions in that red tomatoey sauce. :slurp: I will wait until I taste one to judge it.

I love the "onions in the red tomatoey sauce" :D

NYC Street food is in a class by itesef. You just have to not think about the conditions when you are buying it.

How can you make chicken kabobos all day long when there is no refrigeration on your cart? Don't think about it, just eat it. :)

-dave

Phonedave

Nah they will offer one dozen eggs every morning to help you get large... five dozen if you want to be roughly the size of a barn... :rolleyes:

But in all seriousness, I am quite upset that Casey's is ditching the beef hotdogs. It was always a stop for me on my first MK trip, late night pre extra magic hours.... get a hotdog/corndog bites, fries, and a coke... great late night snack

I thought it was "size of a barge"

"I ate one dozen egg, to help me to get large ..... roughly the size of a barge" large -> barge, its a rhyming thing.

Maybe I am wrong.

My kids currently have it on their alarm clock, so every morning I hear it resonate through the house.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom