More food service changes

yankspy

I love the "onions in the red tomatoey sauce" :D

NYC Street food is in a class by itesef. You just have to not think about the conditions when you are buying it.

How can you make chicken kabobos all day long when there is no refrigeration on your cart? Don't think about it, just eat it. :)

-dave
Yep. Just like when you go to China town and you see the line cook smoking a cigarette while he is preparing your food.:lol: Just eat, it will taste good.

millercv

Casey's has lost a lot of its luster after the switch to wheat crumble buns for me (well every place on property that is).

If you don't like it - just vote with your pocket book but also tell them at guest services.

lighteningqueen

We have only eaten there one time last year on the way out at midnight and I honestly do not know what the hype is for a $4.00 hot dog. Did not taste any better or worse than a $2.00 Hot dog. But if this year we need something before going back to the resort it will NOT be Caseys. I CAN tell the difference between beef and mixed trash parts of a chicken or pig. No $40.00 dollars will be dropped this year for the party of 5. We will make sure we eat efore counter services are closed this year.

palmickey420

at least they're doing beef and chicken instead of pork 1. they taste better 2. they would lose all the money from jewish families in hot dog sales:ROFLOL:

Rinx

To all you "Casey's" fans out there, I hope you are aware that the hot dogs you get at "Casey's" are in no way different than any hot dog that you can get at any other quick service restaurant in WDW so there really isn't anything special about them anyway :shrug:

Actually the uniqueness of "Casey's" is that the smell makes me want to :hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl:

lighteningqueen

Too funny Rinx... I too find that I cannot see what the big deal is at Caseys. The building is nothing special. Food is below average. Oh well maybe some of the patrons do not get hot dogs where they live or do not make them at home and don't know any better tasting hot dogs.

kungfoosally

To all you "Casey's" fans out there, I hope you are aware that the hot dogs you get at "Casey's" are in no way different than any hot dog that you can get at any other quick service restaurant in WDW so there really isn't anything special about them anyway :shrug:

Actually the uniqueness of "Casey's" is that the smell makes me want to :hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl:

actually they advertise them as 100% beef hotdogs. unless they've been lying? that's the only reason i wanted to try them the first time. i was just thinking of all the signs they'd have to take down when they switch to chick-o-beef dogs. they werent big signs.. but if i remember correctly they were around and on the menu and junk inside casey's

bugsbunny

Too funny Rinx... I too find that I cannot see what the big deal is at Caseys. The building is nothing special. Food is below average. Oh well maybe some of the patrons do not get hot dogs where they live or do not make them at home and don't know any better tasting hot dogs.

I semi agree with your thinking, but I think I know what the allure is. When you are walking down Main Street and you just get this awesome whiff of the place. Mouth starts watering and next thing you know, you're in line getting that $6 hot dog. Plus, its a great place to stop, get a quick bite, and watch my 4 yr old laugh at the old black and white cartoons.

And here's the truth about hot dogs, they ALWAYS taste better when cooked anywhere but your own kitchen. I don't know why, but they always do.

Disneyfanman

It's probably for the better. I'm a huge fan of all beef hot dogs, but to tell the truth my kids are not. They are very distinctive, and if you know them you know them......you know? Being from Chicago, I always associated all beef with restaurants, but cooked up the cheapies for the troups because they liked them better. So I betcha 90% of the guests will not even know the difference. Oscar Mayer is blended, and they are #1.

yankspy

Is it possible that some people may just have different tastes then you?

lighteningqueen

Yankspy you always have to attack don't you!!!!

Oscar Mayer all the way BEEF, IF I have to have one.

I agree we all have our own taste but looks like the majority of us will not eat anything but an all beef dog. I am not stopping anyone from trying them each to his own, This is just all of our opinions on this subject. That's what was asked..

yankspy

I agree we all have our own taste but looks like the majority of us will not eat anything but an all beef dog. I am not stopping anyone from trying them each to his own, This is just all of our opinions on this subject. That's what was asked..
All I did was ask a question. Since when do I always attack? I think you may have me mixed up with someone else.:shrug:

As far as the majority, it reminds me of something my Mother used to say to me, "If everybody jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge would you follow them".:wave:

IlikeDW

The taste of a dog has as much or more to do with the spices in it and whether it is boiled grilled or fried. I would be surprised if half of the people who say BEEF is king could pick it in a blind taste test. I am not stating this as a fact just my opinion based on what I have experienced.

maggiegrace1

All I did was ask a question. Since when do I always attack? I think you may have me mixed up with someone else.:shrug:

As far as the majority, it reminds me of something my Mother used to say to me, "If everybody jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge would you follow them".:wave:
You trouble maker!!!!!!!!!!:fork:

:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom