Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

CinematicFusion

Found some quotes from Lee. Looks like it is on hold...

1.After a lot of time and money spent, the Monsters Inc. ride is gathering dust.
Don't look for it anytime soon, if ever.

2.Or the Monsters thing?
Again, not really. It was conceptualized, designed (with help from Barton Malow) and almost greenlit.
Then....shelved.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Wow calling spidey not a motion sim since it moves in a track is a serious stretch. What are l
Most if the effects on spiderman mimicking and making you believe is happening?? MOVEMENT

And there aren't any physical things to see in the rides except the elements that surround the screens whose purpose is to make the screens more believable and to mask the boundary of the virtual elements. To blur the boundary of the real world and the virtual. The rest is the physical effects..

Just because the screen isn't fixed to the vehicle and the vehicle switches sets - it at its core is still a simulator. One that takes new directions for sure, but it is far closer to star tours than it is a Peter pan.

That said, I'd still prefer an army of screen attractions like spidey or potter than an army of body wars :)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Just letting you know that you and the rest of the uni fanboys/trolls (can't decide which) that hang out on a Disney message board don't go unchecked in your partisan anti-Disney campaign. The shtick is tired. Seriously, get a new one.

Or maybe they are people who enjoy Disney but don't have their head so far up plutos rear we can actually see and acknowledge what happens at Disney and outside Disney with an open, objective mind.

WDW1974

We all know who would be first in line to meet and grope you... and no, not Lee... He'll be too busy with his hidden Tinker Bell movie stash.. :D

You know what they (by they I, of course, mean me) say about the Spirit: women and fanbois want him, men want to be him!:D

Oh, and I think Lee is into some of the festish stuff ... like DL breakroom footage of say Peter Pan helping Captain Hook ...um ... ah ... reach a new state of MAGICal joy and release (said footage does exist, btw!) hope Pan's costume got washed well.:eek:

WDW1974

Or maybe they are people who enjoy Disney but don't have their head so far up plutos rear we can actually see and acknowledge what happens at Disney and outside Disney with an open, objective mind.

I didn't 'like' your post ... but I am really starting to like you!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well, if you haven't noticed, Simpsons, Despicable Me, Potter, Transformers, Spiderman, etc. are all essentially the same ride. And not very good ones at that. Yet somehow Universal is the new gold standard on this board. I guess it's because of the horribly done new night show?
Not to argue, but that's not really correct. A bit of IMHO and a lot of uninformed generality.

Edit; I see you've been corrected multiple times already.

Lee

Adventurer
Oh, and I think Lee is into some of the festish stuff ... like DL breakroom footage of say Peter Pan helping Captain Hook ...um ... ah ... reach a new state of MAGICal joy and release (said footage does exist, btw!) hope Pan's costume got washed well.:eek:
Firstly, you really must cease associating my good name with such questionable (at best) subject matter!
Secondly...o_O

afar28

Disney reuses/repurposes buildings based on what they used to house. Take a look at SGE or Buzz Lightyear or PhilharMagic ... they take the easy way out ... or they simply shutter the place (like WoL, which had three major attractions, including a ... gasp ... simulator, two minor ones, a food and beverage quick serve and retail).

And you did overreact. Calling Transformers, which IS coming apparently to UNI a simulator is like calling the MK a kiddie park ... oh wait ... nevermind.
Well sorry then

afar28

Found some quotes from Lee. Looks like it is on hold...

1.After a lot of time and money spent, the Monsters Inc. ride is gathering dust.
Don't look for it anytime soon, if ever.

2.Or the Monsters thing?
Again, not really. It was conceptualized, designed (with help from Barton Malow) and almost greenlit.
Then....shelved.
Well that sucks :(

bethymouse

Something else Monsters Inc. should be built. But what? when?:eek:
RnRC is the closest "thrill ride" Disney has in terms of the "take off" and the "loops", but it is WAY too short of a ride, and it is inside. Does anyone have an answer to the fact that all of the rides at WDW seem to have an "indoor" element to it? Not criticizing, just curious...:confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom