Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

afar28

Yeah they don't want to build 6 new motion simulators like Motion Simulator Studios.
So im not the only one who thinks UNI is in a deep love with motion simulators that are all the same and not worth it (spiderman and HP and the FOrbidden Journey are exceptions)

bubbles1812

Just letting you know that you and the rest of the uni fanboys/trolls (can't decide which) that hang out on a Disney message board don't go unchecked in your partisan anti-Disney campaign. The shtick is tired. Seriously, get a new one.

Except that I'm not a troll or a "fanboi" for that matter...though you certainly seem to be. You come across as incredibly close minded when it comes to any of Disney's competition...for yes, they do have competition, and I'm not even talking about Universal. I like both Disney and Universal. They are my favorites. But I like Sea World too. And Discovery Cove. I can even find occasional enjoyment at Six Flags and even my local amusement park. The horror!

It is not a crime to like both Disney and Universal. But right now, Universal is doing a much better job of investing in their parks and developing new projects. They have much more confirmed projects in the works and aren't in the business of continually making cuts... that is not something I've made up... that is a philosophy voiced by Iger several times in the last months alone. I'm not on an anti-Disney campaign. I will give praise where praise is deserved and criticism where criticism is deserved...and that goes for BOTH Disney and Universal. Just because you don't like to face the fact that Disney is not doing as much as Universal in the development area doesn't mean it isn't true.

Also, praise to you, another flippant comment not addressing any points anyone is making!

GLaDOS

So im not the only one who thinks UNI is in a deep love with motion simulators that are all the same and not worth it (spiderman and HP and the FOrbidden Journey are exceptions)

So other than Despicable Me and Simpsons, what are the other "all the same motion simulators"? Please, enlighten me.

afar28

So other than Despicable Me and Simpsons, what are the other "all the same motion simulators"? Please, enlighten me.
Its not that there still there now, but they replaced that hanna barbara ride (forgot the name) with a NIckolodean simulator that is exactly the same, just a different show. Then replace that with despicable me. Im not quite sure if despicable me is the same, as I have not ridden it. Also they are rumors swirling of bringing the Transformers simulator to Orlando, when its basically almost the same as spiderman, except the transformers version. I suppose I overreacted, and I am sorry for that, but it just es me off how it has to make so many simulators.

afar28

Its not that there still there now, but they replaced that hanna barbara ride (forgot the name) with a NIckolodean simulator that is exactly the same, just a different show. Then replace that with despicable me. Im not quite sure if despicable me is the same, as I have not ridden it. Also they are rumors swirling of bringing the Transformers simulator to Orlando, when its basically almost the same as spiderman, except the transformers version. I suppose I overreacted, and I am sorry for that, but it just es me off how it has to make so many simulators.
Typo, THEY make so many simulators, not it.

GLaDOS

Yea, and Disney changed Star Tours to Star Tours 2 and they were exactly the same with a few updates.

And again...Transformers isn't a simulator. It's a dark ride.

I take it you don't like that Disney has so many omnimovers, right? I mean, they're all the same aside from the theme too. That means Ariel's new ride must you off.

afar28

Yea, and Disney changed Star Tours to Star Tours 2 and they were exactly the same with a few updates.

And again...Transformers isn't a simulator. It's a dark ride.

I take it you don't like that Disney has so many omnimovers, right? I mean, they're all the same aside from the theme too. That means Ariel's new ride must you off.
No no no, im fine with Disney's omnimovers, just simulators arent my favorite thing and i guess i was being a bit biased in saying there are so many simulators sice I do not care for them much. And with the star tours ride, thats only one simulator in DHS.

td1129

No no no, im fine with Disney's omnimovers, just simulators arent my favorite thing and i guess i was being a bit biased in saying there are so many simulators sice I do not care for them much. And with the star tours ride, thats only one simulator in DHS.

Don't be sorry. Uni fan boys don't have fan boards of their own so they have taken over this one.

CinematicFusion

Info from screamscape. Rumors going back from 08.

2014/2015 - Monsters Inc. Ride - Rumor - (5/12/11) While I have very little info on this, I’ve been told that some new life may be coming back into the old plan to add a Monsters Inc. themed inverted coaster ride to the park next to Toy Story Mania. This is all thanks to the announcement that a Monsters Inc. prequel movie is in the works called Monsters University and will hit the theaters in mid to late 2013. We know Disney loves to cross-market this kind of thing, and a new Monsters ride would make a perfect tie-in I think.
(11/22/10) A reader visiting the Hollywood Studios this week took a moment to peek through the cracks in the doors to the old empty soundstage area next to Toy Story Mania, where the rumored Monster’s Inc. project is rumored to be going. According to the report, they saw what looked like some recient construction work had been going on in there. Sawdust, equipment, metal bars and some Disney staff checking over the site. Anyone else been by here lately or know what the soundstage was being used for last?
(8/5/10) Good news for the Studios… and the on again / off again Monsters Inc. ride project is said to be back ‘ON’ again, looking to open up around 2014 this time. Don’t look for Disney to make any kind of announcement however until we get closer to November 2012… when Monsters Inc. 2 is going to hit theaters.
(11/23/09) While we don’t have too much to share on the subject right now, I’m told that a Monsters Inc. themed dark coaster ride is still in the long term planning for the Disney Studios park. However, I’ve been told not to expect to hear about any real progress being made on the project until Star Tours 2 is close to being finished. At that point they will likely make the call on if they will give the green light to Monsters or come up with another project instead.
(7/10/09) Honestly I’m not sure what to believe anymore, because the Monster’s Inc. themed coaster project proposed for the Studios park seems to get approved and then put on hold again more times that I can count. Numerous coaster companies and different styles were apparently looked at for proposed ride but the last known coaster style to be locked in was to be a Vekoma Family Inverted style coaster… but with an entirely new restraint system similar to what was installed on the Carolina Cobra at Carowinds this year.
(1/5/09) According to a Screamscape source the big push to get started on the Monsters Inc. coaster was suddenly put on hold for the time being, even though they were previously so hot to get it started. According to today’s update over at Jim Hill Media, they claim that Disney has put the project on hold until they can find a sponsor for the attraction to help fund part of it, rather that just fund the entire thing by themselves.
(11/24/08) Sources tell us that the remaining empty soundstage next to Midway Mania has been “cleaned out” recently to make way for the pending new thrill ride. While Monsters Inc. is still the popular choice in the rumor mill for this rumored indoor coaster ride, we’ve rumors that an Incredibles themed concept has also made the rounds. More on this when I find out.
(9/11/08) According to one of our readers, that rumored new Monsters themed coaster is still in development and may end up with name along the lines of, “Monsters Inc. Door Vaulter”. I’m going to hope they put some polish on that name and work on it a bit more before they make any kind of announcement. The site is still the same, with the suspended coaster project going into the soundstage area to the left of Toy Story Mania building, which means that they may have to take the roof off that building to accommodate the height of the coaster system most likely. Of course until Disney is ready to pull the trigger and drop the budget payload into the right accounts, nothing is going to happen just yet.
(7/22/08) According to the latest report from Jim Hill Media the Pixar themed coaster project is back on again for 2011 now. The good news this time is that it may be a much bigger and better ride than the old idea of cloning Crush’s Coaster with a new theme. According to the article, the winning concept is actually a new inverted coaster concept that will recreate the “hanging doors” theme from Monsters Inc. The idea is that the coaster will run through the huge door storage area as seen in the film, which has been installed with numerous large yellow scream/laugh energy storage canisters. Other fun ideas also mentioned include retheming the Honey I Shrunk The Kids play area to have a new A Bugs Life theme in the near future as well.
This isn’t the first time I’ve heard about a Monsters Inc inverted or suspended coaster idea, but the last time around it seemed like management was more interested in the more family friendly spinning coaster design used for Crush’s Coaster in Paris. Of course it was also a cheaper and smaller alterative to what was pitched for the Monster’s Inc themed coaster which was aimed at being quite a bit more thrilling. Of course the idea of a Monsters Inc ride to capture coaster ride’s screams also goes back to a proposed dark ride concept that I believe was first pitched for Disney’s California Adventure in Paradise Pier. The idea was to place an inverted dark ride system (similar to Peter Pan) in a building under and behind the park’s California Screamin’ coaster (right where Toy Story Mania is now) that would serve as a giant energy collector for the Monster world by harvesting all those screams from the coaster above. Right now I’m just going to cross my fingers and hope that this latest Monsters Inc. ride concept gets the green light.

bubbles1812

Don't be sorry. Uni fan boys don't have fan boards of their own so they have taken over this one.

Disney's competition as it relates to Disney is relevant to our discussions here. And again, for the majority of posters, even the ones who praise Universal...I mean come on, do your research dude. They like Universal and Disney. No that isn't the case with everyone, but we are all Disney fans here. There is reason were on the boards. That even goes for 74'...even though he doesn't always seem like it. He likes the parks. We all do. We'd just like Disney to actually do the things they are capable of rather than what is often the bare minimum that can be spent. Again, that isn't something I made up but something that can be supported.

RSoxNo1

OK, so better to hitch your wagon to spinners and children's pee and play fountains and meet-greet-and-gropes?

Oh, and let's not forget all those MAGICal interactive queues.
I think the original meet-and-group chateaus would have been more popular.

WDW1974

Wow...didn't think this would get into a ing war between different companies.
I just want to know if anyone has info on what happened with the monster coaster plans.

Asked and answered.

There were plans. There was some prelim work done (very basic) on the building. And then the economy tanked and TDO didn't want to invest in it. Both the then-VP and the GM of the park, two very high caliber people, pushed for it and were basically told to back off.

It isn't likely to happen now.

Now, back to the ing contest ... just like the kiddies in the MK fountain!:eek:

WDW1974

Disney reuses/repurposes buildings based on what they used to house. Take a look at SGE or Buzz Lightyear or PhilharMagic ... they take the easy way out ... or they simply shutter the place (like WoL, which had three major attractions, including a ... gasp ... simulator, two minor ones, a food and beverage quick serve and retail).

And you did overreact. Calling Transformers, which IS coming apparently to UNI a simulator is like calling the MK a kiddie park ... oh wait ... nevermind.

WDW1974

Disney's competition as it relates to Disney is relevant to our discussions here. And again, for the majority of posters, even the ones who praise Disney...I mean come on, do your research dude. They like Universal and Disney. No that isn't the case with everyone, but we are all Disney fans here. There is reason were on the boards. That even goes for 74'...even though he doesn't always seem like it. He likes the parks. We all do. We'd just like Disney to actually do the things they are capable of rather than what is often the bare minimum that can be spent. Again, that isn't something I made up but something that can be supported.

EVEN '74?!?!?:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom