Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

aladdin2007

I don't understand why if Monsters Inc Laugh Floor came out in 2007 they must have known in WDI about Pixar Place coming in 2008. So why couldn't they just wait since they knew Pixar Place is coming and put the Laugh Floor in the Pixar land?

And yes I would love the coaster but if not the Laugh Floor is always easy to insert just put a few chairs and a screen in the Prince Caspian building!

Prince Caspian is becoming Pirates.

Victor Kelly

Ya won't get it, not anytime soon. FLA is a major investment. There are millions more to be put into bringing things back up to par. And there is the coming NexGen, billions locked up for fancy electronics throughout the parks.

Would a full Pixar land be great, heck yeah, and I really want to see it. A home for all the Pixar characters and rides would make plenty of sense.

td1129

Where are they building a motion simulator? Last time I checked they were building a dark ride, a dark ride/coaster, and a train/monorail....

Well, if you haven't noticed, Simpsons, Despicable Me, Potter, Transformers, Spiderman, etc. are all essentially the same ride. And not very good ones at that. Yet somehow Universal is the new gold standard on this board. I guess it's because of the horribly done new night show?

GLaDOS

Well, if you haven't noticed, Simpsons, Despicable Me, Potter, Transformers, Spiderman, etc.

Ummm...no? Spider-Man and Transformers are dark rides. That move along a track. And have practical effects. Simpsons and DM are simulators.

I guess we should call Magic Kingdom Omnimover Kingdom then, too, right? I mean, they have two! Clearly that's all they can build.

I'll ignore the "not very good ones" because you clearly don't know what a good ride is.

td1129

Ummm...no? Spider-Man and Transformers are dark rides. That move along a track. And have practical effects. Simpsons and DM are simulators.

I guess we should call Magic Kingdom Omnimover Kingdom then, too, right? I mean, they have two! Clearly that's all they can build.

I'll ignore the "not very good ones" because you clearly don't know what a good ride is.

Save it for the motionsimulatormagic.com boards.

Tip Top Club

Okay, Universal may not be a gold standard, but they are doing SOMETHING! Magic Kingdom is going to up ONE RIDE numbers wise when Fantasyland is complete. Don't get me wrong it's a great addition, but let's be real here.

Potter, Spider-Man, and Simpsons are all great rides, and all completely different experiences. And, while Universal's Cinematic Spectacular may not be on par with World of Color or Fantasmic, It's a great show that gives me night show chills, and on top of that, you have the entire lagoon to watch it so there are very seldom largely crowded areas which is a huge plus. Although to be fair, the same spreading of crowds is achieved at Illuminations. The parade was also a great attempt, and while it's certainly not a GREAT parade, once again at least they're trying, unlike our rehashed and reused tired parades across property.

bubbles1812

Save it for the motionsimulatormagic.com boards.
Except he just proved you wrong... it's not all motion simulators. Yes, Simpsons and DM are but FJ, Spider Man, and Transformers all incorporate different ride elements...they have screens yes, but they also use practical affects, and move along ride tracts. You may not personally like those, but they aren't motion simulators...they used that technology and "plused" it immensely. FJ didn't win awards for nothing. And what's more, their new rides will also be completely different experiences too... the Gringotts ride is going to be a rollercoaster/dark ride hybrid and the train ride is going to be something completely new.

And as GlaDOS already pointed out, if you really want to make this argument about Universal being MS central, then you better call Disney "dark ride" city. They have the onimover technology on many of their rides.

And lastly, as Tip Top already pointed out, at least they are DOING something. Disney used to be at the forefront of not only theming on a ride, but in creativity and ride design. They no longer are. Swinging carts doesn't exactly signify something revolutionary or even remotely game changing. That's pretty much something most people could have designed. Universal isn't the gold standard...yet. But it could get there if Disney continues to largely sit on it's put and let the competition get closer.

As per this thread...they don't even want to build a pretty darn simple kiddie roller coaster. Disney is no longer the only player on the block, even if they are still the biggest. Take off your blinders. Even if you want to keep making these complaints and want to talk until you are blue in the face, it is undeniable that whatever Universal does is working...I haven't seen Disney with any 30% attendance increases or virtually universal praise of their new rides have you?

WEDway1975

Here's the three reason why they won't build it.
  1. TDO is cheap.
  2. TDO is extremely cheap.
  3. Because they already have a Monsters Inc. ride in Tomorrowland.(Where it doesn't belong!)
That's reason why I think they will never build the coaster.

td1129

Except he just proved you wrong... it's not all motion simulators. Yes, Simpsons and DM are but FJ, Spider Man, and Transformers all incorporate different ride elements...they have screens yes, but they also use practical affects, and move along ride tracts. You may not personally like those, but they aren't motion simulators...they used that technology and "plused" it immensely. FJ didn't win awards for nothing. And what's more, their new rides will also be completely different experiences too... the Gringotts ride is going to be a rollercoaster/dark ride hybrid and the train ride is going to be something completely new.

And as GlaDOS already pointed out, if you really want to make this argument about Universal being MS central, then you better call Disney "dark ride" city. They have the onimover technology on many of their rides.

And lastly, as Tip Top already pointed out, at least they are DOING something. Disney used to be at the forefront of not only theming on a ride, but in creativity and ride design. They no longer are. Swinging carts doesn't exactly signify something revolutionary or even remotely game changing. That's pretty much something most people could have designed. Universal isn't the gold standard...yet. But it could get there if Disney continues to largely sit on it's put and let the competition get closer.

As per this thread...they don't even want to build a pretty darn simple kiddie roller coaster. Disney is no longer the only player on the block, even if they are still the biggest. Take off your blinders. Even if you want to keep making these complaints and want to talk until you are blue in the face, it is undeniable that whatever Universal does is working...I haven't seen Disney with any 30% attendance increases or virtually universal praise of their new rides have you?

Fun story, but if you're honestly hitching your wagon to c and d rate screen attractions and d and f rate night shows, that says a lot more about you than it does about me.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'm not naming any names, but...
images

And the project is canned. Maybe the sequel will revive interest, but, unless there's a big "door" scene in it...

aladdin2007

Ya won't get it, not anytime soon. FLA is a major investment. There are millions more to be put into bringing things back up to par. And there is the coming NexGen, billions locked up for fancy electronics throughout the parks.

Would a full Pixar land be great, heck yeah, and I really want to see it. A home for all the Pixar characters and rides would make plenty of sense.

When I think of what that money could have been used for instead....:mad:

bubbles1812

Fun story, but if you're honestly hitching your wagon to c and d rate screen attractions and d and f rate night shows, that says a lot more about you than it does about me.
Yep...those c and d rate attraction...that have gotten near universal praise the world over and won awards from people in the industry that actually designs said rides. Ok... And hey, well, at least I can go see something new at Universal rather than parades and shows that have been in existence over a decade without change. Or lets look at the parade floats themselves...they are still using some of the same floats that have been in existence for decades.

But hey, if you want to hitch your wagon to that carbon copy of a mediocre not very popular ride from CA, a kiddie roller coaster pretty darn similar to ones already in existence at WDW, and oh wait, another carbon copy of an already existing ride feel free...

And also way to go! You did a JT and dismissed all my points with a flippant comment...that's not something you want to do if you'd like people to take you seriously. Sorry.

td1129

Yep...those c and d rate attraction...that have gotten near universal praise the world over and won awards from people in the industry that actually designs said rides. Ok... And hey, well, at least I can go see something new at Universal rather than parades and shows that have been in existence over a decade without change. Or lets look at the parade floats themselves...they are still using some of the same floats that have been in existence for decades.

But hey, if you want to hitch your wagon to that carbon copy of a mediocre not very popular ride from CA, a kiddie roller coaster pretty darn similar to ones already in existence at WDW, and oh wait, another carbon copy of an already existing ride feel free...

And also way to go! You did a JT and dismissed all my points with a flippant comment...that's not something you want to do if you'd like people to take you seriously. Sorry.

Just letting you know that you and the rest of the uni fanboys/trolls (can't decide which) that hang out on a Disney message board don't go unchecked in your partisan anti-Disney campaign. The shtick is tired. Seriously, get a new one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom