Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

shmmrname

I would be open to the attraction - as it sounds pretty awesome. But, I'm torn - because it's actually my least favorite scene of the movie.

Disneybear

And add the Hollywood equivalent of Tin Pan Alley in beside G Force Records and you could have a dark ride similar to the GMR but themed to Disney films featuring the music of the Sherman Bros. with scenes from Mary Poppins, Jungle Book etc.

Silver Figment

Why can't we see anything INCREDIBLE...If you catch my drift?

Iseewhatyoudidthere.png

Sorry, I had to.

jt04

And add the Hollywood equivalent of Tin Pan Alley in beside G Force Records and you could have a dark ride similar to the GMR but themed to Disney films featuring the music of the Sherman Bros. with scenes from Mary Poppins, Jungle Book etc.

Or perhaps just convert the GMR to the Great Disney Movie Ride. I'd be fine with that. I know others might disagree but I think it would work with enough of an Imagineering budget.

jt04

Exactly! And we have to at least update it!

Pixar Place - Add a Crush Coaster/Monsters Inc Coaster, rename A Bugs Life Playground, and relocate the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor to Prince Caspian's former location!

Take out the Little Mermaid since FLE is getting a Little Mermaid section and put something fresh, maybe a new ride/show: if it is a show make it Tangled, if it is a ride make it a Mickey Black and White Dark Ride (considering the space, I'm not sure)! Relocate One Man's Dream to Magic Kingdom and put another Disney Animation attraction there!

Make Echo Lake "Lucas Land" and take out the stunt show and put an Indy outdoor temple ruin coaster like in Paris.

Take out the backlot and make one more land!

Then we have Lucas Land, Hollywood Boulevard, Sunset Boulevard, Animation Courtyard, whatever we turn the backlot into (maybe Marvel if possible)and Pixar Place!

Nice list and rather easily done. I would add moving the Flying Carpets from AL to the Animation Courtyard. Actually if I was in charge I would do this as soon as the second Dumbo spinner opens.

Jim Possible

And people are clamoring for a fifth gate when two of the four parks aren't fully realized, Epcot isn't bringing the innovation it promised in the 1980s, and we've got broken chickens on Splash Mountain. :ROFLOL:

disnyfan89

Nice list and rather easily done. I would add moving the Flying Carpets from AL to the Animation Courtyard. Actually if I was in charge I would do this as soon as the second Dumbo spinner opens.
And put it where exactly? There is really no place to put beside in a parking lot behind animation and one man's dream.

aladdin2007

And put it where exactly? There is really no place to put beside in a parking lot behind animation and one man's dream.

I think the hat will come down before they ever touch the magic carpets. Would love for both to happen but doesnt look like they have any intention of either one. Hopefully someday

Tom

Beta Return
I would love to see some of the support studios get cannibalized so that Disney can create a loop :)

Although that would be bye bye for the Backlot Tour...

The Backlot Tour is pathetic. It was once my alltime favorite attraction there (this is early 90s, when they had nothing else, but the tour was awesome). Time for that entire area to bulldoze.

The only obstacle is the costume shop. That's a massive, Mission Critical operation, so they've have to build a new one somewhere else on property before they could use that chunk of land for anything.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
After a lot of time and money spent, the Monsters Inc. ride is gathering dust.
Don't look for it anytime soon, if ever.

The only thing coming to the Studios in the near term is a PotC walkthrough in Stage 4.

Just out of curiosity how recently was it almost greenlit and then shelved?

Not that knowing this is going to change any level of dissapointment.

jt04

Actually somebody did a scale photoshop once and it would fit in the animation courtyard if I remember correctly. About like it fits in Adventureland but since the Studios spot is themed to animation already it could actually work in that space. Plus they could ad a show in the theater where mermaid is if they plan on closing it when LM opens at the MK.

The studios could use the ride also. It surely needs a few B and C tickets here and there and not just m&gs.

One solution that would fix two serious flaws.

menamechris

So I guess this is my question - How do they go from acknowledging that the park needs serious attention and work by almost greenlighting an "E" ticket - only to backtrack and ultimately do nothing? You would think if they got to the point that they realized the park needs more substance, even if the Monsters Inc Coaster didn't get the "go", another project would..

disnyfan89

Actually somebody did a scale photoshop once and it would fit in the animation courtyard if I remember correctly. About like it fits in Adventureland but since the Studios spot is themed to animation already it could actually work in that space. Plus they could ad a show in the theater where mermaid is if they plan on closing it when LM opens at the MK.

The studios could use the ride also. It surely needs a few B and C tickets here and there and not just m&gs.

One solution that would fix two serious flaws.
You may have the space to put something in the middle of the courtyard but that doesn't mean you should. Know how everyone complains about how much of a cluster **** Adventureland is? Putting the carpets in the middle of the animation courtyard would be that x10 IMO.

jt04

So I guess this is my question - How do they go from acknowledging that the park needs serious attention and work by almost greenlighting an "E" ticket - only to backtrack and ultimately do nothing? You would think if they got to the point that they realized the park needs more substance, even if the Monsters Inc Coaster didn't get the "go", another project would..

Could be they have decided to invest in other parks. Priorities could have changed due to competition from other resorts etc.

You may have the space to put something in the middle of the courtyard but that doesn't mean you should. Know how everyone complains about how much of a cluster **** Adventureland is? Putting the carpets in the middle of the animation courtyard would be that x10 IMO.

I don't get this. The MK gets much larger crowds and the current ride sits directly in the path of where crowds would naturally flow. Whereas the Animation Courtyard is a essentially a cul-de-sac. Guests only go there that mean to go there and then leave. There are never heading to a major E- ticket such as Pirates or Splash or Big Thunder. And I also think the area in question at the Studios has more space.

I just think the kinetics would work by immersing guests and surrounding guest in the world of "tunes". The subject matter fits the potential surroundings where it fails to do so in the current location. It really does conflict with the original aesthtics of Adventureland.

Other examples* of this type of poor planning are the BAH blocking the theater facade at DHS, the silly car wash thingy in the middle of Future World, the wand over SSE (fixed), 20K in Fantasyland (fixed), the painted legs on SSE (fixed), the location of Nemo at DAK, the "temporary" Mickey's Birthday Starland at Toontown Fair (getting fixed), CMM and Dinoramo at DAK (in my opinion).

So the trend lines are very positive if you ask me. And the cost of fixing these inconsistancies is worth every penny.

*provided for perspective and solely my opinion.

The preceeding reflects the humble opinion of the author of this posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of this site, the mods, other posters, the Walt Disney Corporation, Princess Leia or the Orange Bird.

Have a nice day. :wave:

Cosmic Commando

Could be they have decided to invest in other parks. Priorities could have changed due to competition from other resorts etc.

I don't get this. The MK gets much larger crowds and the current ride sits directly in the path of where crowds would naturally flow. Whereas the Animation Courtyard is a essentially a cul-de-sac. Guests only go there that mean to go there and then leave. There are never heading to a major E- ticket such as Pirates or Splash or Big Thunder. And I also think the area in question at the Studios has more space.

But it's a cul-de-sac that gets used. When the masses headed to TSMM hit the relocated stroller parking for Disney Junior, it'll look like one of those giant crashes in the Tour de France.

jt04

But it's a cul-de-sac that gets used. When the masses headed to TSMM hit the relocated stroller parking for Disney Junior, it'll look like one of those giant crashes in the Tour de France.

They really need to seperate Pixar Place from the Animation Courtyard. There should be no overlap.

And relocating Disney Junior might be a better option in the long run. Or just relocate the entrance.

When I was 18 months old I walked. Strollers should be banned! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom