Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

_Scar

PotC only delayed WRE, which was then brought back to light after PotC was built.... so how did the Pirates kill it?

EPCOT Explorer

I disagree I would much rather have WRE than pirates.
Not I.

Pirates IS Disney. Even back then.... I don'f know if the Western Genre could ever be that popular.

Baxter and Davis proposed a joint WRE (the ride, not the full Thunder Mesa) AND BTM. Walker turned it down due to the economy, PotC being very similar and Tomorrowland phase 2 coming online.
Sounds like today...a bad econ, FLE, MI...:lol:
I have heard that Davis refused to work with Baxter and held a life long grudge with him over this?

Also didn't POTC kill WRE coming to DLP, and TDL?
DLP has a lot of the concept for it in their BTMRR, though. Island and all.

Because it`s a WDWmagic forum thread :D
:sohappy:
PotC only delayed WRE, which was then brought back to light after PotC was built.... so how did the Pirates kill it?
It stopped it initially. It was the first straw on the camel's back. :lol:

FigmentJedi

You support mediocrity?!!?!?!?! :eek:

Not this "Defenders of Mediocrity" crap again...

To put in my 2 cents,WDW Pirates may be vastly inferior to its counterparts as far as ride content, but I still love the queue area setting and even an abridged version of Pirates is still a good ride. I just wish they'd restore the original Well audio, seeing as the new Well Captain spiel there is terribly voiced and freaking redundant. It's like they think guests are goldfish and can't get the idea established by Barbossa's scene that the Pirates are looking for Jack in addition to the treasure.

Figment632

POTC put it on hold but really did kill it along with BTMR. If they never built POCT WRE would have been built. Also there was a lot of talk of bringing WRE to DLP and TDL as well. But guess what killed that? POCT, both parks wanted POCT instead.

EPCOT Explorer

POTC put it on hold but really did kill it along with BTMR. If they never built POCT WRE would have been built. Also there was a lot of talk of bringing WRE to DLP and TDL as well. But guess what killed that? POCT, both parks wanted POCT instead.

Right. Kinda proving my point...Pirates is more "Disney" and thus more renown. Who knows... WRE could have gone the way of Horizons.

Figment632

Right. Kinda proving my point...Pirates is more "Disney" and thus more renown. Who knows... WRE could have gone the way of Horizons.

WRE if built would be just as big today imo.

ANother interesting note is Tony Baxter tried to make it up to Marc Davis for years. When they closed America Sings Baxter saved the AA's and put them in Splash Mountain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom