Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

sponono88

Pixar Place is the Pixar Studios in Burbank, but their movies have jumped off the screen and taken the place over.

You don't have to buy it for it to be a legitimate(and good, IMO) background story.

Pixar Studios is located in Emeryville, CA :)

TSMM was originally designed as a DCA attraction. Reportedly Rasulo was so impressed with the presentation of the ride, he ordered a clone for DHS.

MUTZIE77

Okay?

I don't think you'd "buy" most attractions at DHS then :lol:

Really? because I am pretty sure every other attraction at DHS has a far better connection to the theme of the park. Tower of Terror is the "Hollywood Tower Hotel". The Rockin Roller coaster has a Recording studio theme. The stunt shows demonstrate how movie stunts are performed. American Idol is another music theme. What is left of the BLT is self explanitory. TSMM is an attraction the fits very well at Paradise Pier at DCA but has a very blurry connection to DHS. I love TSMM it is a great ride, but my view is solely my view.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Yes, b/c it is supposed to be a "Family Coaster". Either way, it is a coaster. DAK and DHS need dark rides to really make both of them full day parks (especially DAK).

While I think they are both full day parks, I agree that it is the dark rides that are missing. Both have great shows, and a couple of top-notch attractions, but one or two more family dark rides would be welcome in each park.

That said, I'll take a family-friendly coaster. If it's played for story instead of thrills, the coaster track just replaces the omnimover.

JLW11Hi

While I think they are both full day parks, I agree that it is the dark rides that are missing. Both have great shows, and a couple of top-notch attractions, but one or two more family dark rides would be welcome in each park.

That said, I'll take a family-friendly coaster. If it's played for story instead of thrills, the coaster track just replaces the omnimover.

I agree. I feel like that is sort of the next step in classic dark rides. There is a lack in a variety of speeds in the classic omnimovers. And I don't mean 0-60 in 3 seconds speeds, I simply mean parts of the ride where the car speeds up a bit to move through faster paced elements of the ride, and parts where it slows down a bit to let you take in the scene. Sort of like the Indiana Jones Adventure/Dinosaur/Spiderman thing, except not quite so wild so that a wide range of families can enjoy.

I like how in Winnie the Pooh there is a variety in the texture of how the car moves around (bouncing, floating, etc) but even there there are parts of the ride where I feel like I'd like it to move along a little quicker.

misterID

:brick:

DAK is already a full day park. You just need to slow down and take everything in. It's not about running from ride to ride.

There is no amount of ambiance that can take the place of attractions. Even if people did all the shows and attractions there, it still wouldn't be an all day park... And unfortuantely, there's not a lot of alternative if you pass on an attraction in AK. Skipping just one has a big effect on your visit and length of your visit.

I think AK is the coolest of all disney parks, but that doesn't make up for the fact that it needs rides.

AK is in no way an all day park. Not even close.

MUTZIE77

There is no amount of ambiance that can take the place of attractions. Even if people did all the shows and attractions there, it still wouldn't be an all day park... And unfortuantely, there's not a lot of alternative if you pass on an attraction in AK. Skipping just one has a big effect on your visit and length of your visit.

I think AK is the coolest of all disney parks, but that doesn't make up for the fact that it needs rides.

AK is in no way an all day park. Not even close.

Ive got to agree here, even if I walk all of the trails I have never spent an entire day at AK. Plus average theme park goers arent exactly visiting for the ambiance, attractions make the turnstiles go-round.

Figment632

It still is. Have a look in one of the numerous and recent threads.

Yea I heard it is still creeping along.

For some reason, I feel like TSMM is a true E-ticket, while it may not be classified as one. It certainly does receive massive attention from guests.

I disagree it has an E queue and it is popular but so is Buzz and that is just a C imo.

Really? because I am pretty sure every other attraction at DHS has a far better connection to the theme of the park. Tower of Terror is the "Hollywood Tower Hotel". The Rockin Roller coaster has a Recording studio theme. The stunt shows demonstrate how movie stunts are performed. American Idol is another music theme. What is left of the BLT is self explanitory. TSMM is an attraction the fits very well at Paradise Pier at DCA but has a very blurry connection to DHS. I love TSMM it is a great ride, but my view is solely my view.

It fits in DHS just as much as Star Tours.

fosse76

:brick:

DAK is already a full day park. You just need to slow down and take everything in. It's not about running from ride to ride.

I don't run from ride to ride, and I get everything in by 1:30pm if I get there by 9-9:30pm (and that includes a few re-rides).

Figment632

I don't run from ride to ride, and I get everything in by 1:30pm if I get there by 9-9:30pm (and that includes a few re-rides).

Yea if you stop and do every little thin it will not take all day maybe till 4 or 5. That is not the only problem with the lack of attractions in DAK, try going there if one of the major attractions like EE or DIno is down the rest of the park backs up a lot.

njDizFan

I love DAK, and maybe it's just me or the time I go but this is never a half day park. It seems like just the trails(Pangani, Maharajah, Cretacious), throw in a train ride to the Affection Station and Habitat is half a day. Then to actually see Nemo, ITtbaB, Flights of Wonder and FotLK can take several hours. Then EE, Kali, Dino, Kilamanjaro safari all have at least 1/2 hour waits. By the time my daughter is ready to relax at Chester/Hester and do some digging in the boneyard the day is over.

DisneyMusician2

"Full Day Park" is really dependent on what time of year you are there. If I showed up at 9-9:30 during my last Easter trip, I would still be standing on the TSMM line.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Well, i heard that the laugh floor comedy club (where the old timekeeper theatre is) is only temporary. I read on wikipedia that all of the remaining circle vision screens are just simply covered, possibly a 21st centery new timekeeper? :D

anyways, if they keep making nemo, then it would go to toy story, then monsters inc. they're adding alot of pixar to the parks, i'd put monsters inc coaster replacing the laugh floor....

but i'm not concerned on new rides that aren't going to replace anything, what about backlot tour, tiki room, wonders of life, what's going to happen to test track? that's what im afraid of, test track is the 3rd most expensive ride to mantain, and it's been awarded the #1 ride to break down in florida :)

Monorail_Orange

Well, i heard that the laugh floor comedy club (where the old timekeeper theatre is) is only temporary. I read on wikipedia that all of the remaining circle vision screens are just simply covered, possibly a 21st centery new timekeeper? :D

anyways, if they keep making nemo, then it would go to toy story, then monsters inc. they're adding alot of pixar to the parks, i'd put monsters inc coaster replacing the laugh floor....

but i'm not concerned on new rides that aren't going to replace anything, what about backlot tour, tiki room, wonders of life, what's going to happen to test track? that's what im afraid of, test track is the 3rd most expensive ride to mantain, and it's been awarded the #1 ride to break down in florida :)

:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun

Well, I'm calling him/her out.

TROLL.

Slowjack

For some reason, I feel like TSMM is a true E-ticket, while it may not be classified as one. It certainly does receive massive attention from guests.
Wow. TSMM an E? I'd call it a C. An expensive C, but a C. I've played more interesting games on a phone.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Perhaps some of the new upgrades they're planning can move the ride into the upper echelons....:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom