Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

EPCOT Explorer

I suppose all we can do is allow time to do its thing and see what the future brings. :shrug:

I'm off to watch some football. Have a good weekend.

Exactly. :lol:I do have hope for the future, though, and I am optimistic for WDW. There is a lot happening now that we've wanted for a while.

You too! Back to my paper I go...:zipit: :lol:

imagineer boy

I personally think the "teams" system is really stupid. The teams should not make any creative decisions on the parks, those should come from central managment at Burbank. The teams should just focus on typical buisness decisions like money management, getting statistics, hirings and fireings, etc.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Exactly. :lol:I do have hope for the future, though, and I am optimistic for WDW. There is a lot happening now that we've wanted for a while.

You too! Back to my paper I go...:zipit: :lol:

Yeah, I've got one of those (and an exam to prepare for as well) too. But, the NFL easily beckons a true procrastinator as myself....

EPCOT Explorer

I personally think the "teams" system is really stupid. The teams should not make any creative decisions on the parks, those should come from central managment at Burbank. The teams should just focus on typical buisness decisions like money management, getting statistics, hirings and fireings, etc.

Agreed. Separating and giving them internal control allows for rifts between how the real leaders of the company want the parks run and what THEY want out of the parks. ($$$$$$$$)

Sigh...Team Di$ney Orlando. :zipit:

EPCOT Explorer

They were worse really. People died under the bad TDA's watch. :( And they opened a theme park which ended up being a huge money loser.
True.

They are correcting that last problem in full, though.

Yeah, I've got one of those (and an exam to prepare for as well) too. But, the NFL easily beckons a true procrastinator as myself....
Oh, I know the feeling all too well. :lol:

And I have to be out of the house soon, too. Fun!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And they opened a theme park which ended up being a huge money loser.
In all fairness DCA was decided by one person. Despite being told it wouldn`t work by numerous people he should have trusted, both in Glendale and Burbank let alone Anahiem.

And it wasn`t Iger.

RSoxNo1

Agreed. Where are the "new" Figments? Or the "new" Hoot Gibsons? Or the Timekeepers?

Original characters are lacking, and that's a big problem. It makes the parks so much more unique.

Or the new "Skippy's"...

I have no problem with character integration into the parks - I have a problem with using characters as an excuse for a poor attraction. If Stitch had an attraction in Tomorrowland that was to the scope of Ride and Go Seek the complaints would be non-existent. Instead it replaced a superior attraction in favor of character integration with a worse experience.

This is the type of crap that frustrates us fans. When Imagineers get restrictions on their imaginations it results in inferior products. The current incarnation of the Imagination pavilion is the most prime example of this. The storyline involves categorizing imagination, limiting it to various senses, etc.

Management comes down from above and says, "we need a replacement for Alien Encounter", it has to fit in the existing show space, and it has to include Stitch, you have $8 million - figure it out. I would much rather have the parks given an allocation of money each year, and the Imagineers be given some semblance of free reign as to how to use it.

Studios Fan

In all fairness DCA was decided by one person. Despite being told it wouldn`t work by numerous people he should have trusted, both in Glendale and Burbank let alone Anahiem.

And it wasn`t Iger.

It seems like every park he (Eisner) built after DLP was that way to an extent from reading DisneyWar. I mean DCA, HKDL, and WDS all have this problem. DAK was and is tremendously well themed but it is still lacking in the attraction department.

aladdin2007

Or the new "Skippy's"...

I have no problem with character integration into the parks - I have a problem with using characters as an excuse for a poor attraction. If Stitch had an attraction in Tomorrowland that was to the scope of Ride and Go Seek the complaints would be non-existent. Instead it replaced a superior attraction in favor of character integration with a worse experience.

This is the type of crap that frustrates us fans. When Imagineers get restrictions on their imaginations it results in inferior products. The current incarnation of the Imagination pavilion is the most prime example of this. The storyline involves categorizing imagination, limiting it to various senses, etc.

Management comes down from above and says, "we need a replacement for Alien Encounter", it has to fit in the existing show space, and it has to include Stitch, you have $8 million - figure it out. I would much rather have the parks given an allocation of money each year, and the Imagineers be given some semblance of free reign as to how to use it.

But at the same time I think the Imagineers of today lack the creativity the previous ones had say 15, 20, 30 years ago. I realize it comes down to the funding they are given, but even with that it just seems like they dont have the chops that they once displayed. Look at Soarin, great ride, but butt ugly from beginning to end, minus the film. They dont give things atmosphere like they use to I guess is what Im saying. Same with SE and Imagination, for Imagination they didnt use any whatsoever. I know they had a meager budget, but theres still none in there. And stitch, is just well I dont know what happened there but if thats true Imagineering......oy. :brick:

Studios Fan

But at the same time I think the Imagineers of today lack the creativity the previous ones had say 15, 20, 30 years ago. I realize it comes down to the funding they are given, but even with that it just seems like they dont have the chops that they once displayed. Look at Soarin, great ride, but butt ugly from beginning to end, minus the film. They dont give things atmosphere like they use to I guess is what Im saying. Same with SE and Imagination, for Imagination they didnt use any whatsoever. I know they had a meager budget, but theres still none in there. And stitch, is just well I dont know what happened there but if thats true Imagineering......oy. :brick:

I think if given the budget that they could do as well as Imagineers could have back in the day.

tirian

It seems like every park he (Eisner) built after DLP was that way to an extent from reading DisneyWar. I mean DCA, HKDL, and WDS all have this problem. DAK was and is tremendously well themed but it is still lacking in the attraction department.

Quoted for truth. The animal exhibits are only cool a couple of times; then it's just-a-zoo (as opposed to nahtazu). My friends who visit frequently barely go there anymore. It's a shame, because the park is gorgeous; but I find that after walking around a massive lake, the last thing people want to do is walk down more trails to see the same animals they can see at a decent zoo, even if the exhibits are well themed.*

p.s. Word is Monster's Inc. was temporarily canned because of the FL expansion. I believe WDW1974 and Lee said this a few pages ago, but I'll repeat it. :wave:

*speaking from a regular Joe's point of view, not a Disney fan's.

tirian

I think if given the budget that they could do as well as Imagineers could have back in the day.

They need the budget and a work environment that rewards originality and creativity. Come on, Lasseter, I thought you were a new sheriff who was going to start enforcing these qualities again. ;)

_Scar

Quoted for truth. The animal exhibits are only cool a couple of times; then it's just-a-zoo (as opposed to nahtazu). My friends who visit frequently barely go there anymore. It's a shame, because the park is gorgeous; but I find that after walking around a massive lake, the last thing people want to do is walk down more trails to see the same animals they can see at a decent zoo, even if the exhibits are well themed.*

p.s. Word is Monster's Inc. was temporarily canned because of the FL expansion. I believe WDW1974 and Lee said this a few pages ago, but I'll repeat it. :wave:

*speaking from a regular Joe's point of view, not a Disney fan's.

:eek:

:fork:

Your local zoo has a massive mountain roller coaster, two major stage shows, a safari parade, an EMV silumator, a river rapids ride, a jungle safari?

If so, I'd really love to check out this zoo!

EPCOT Explorer

:eek:

:fork:

Your local zoo has a massive mountain roller coaster, two major stage shows, a safari parade, an EMV silumator, a river rapids ride, a jungle safari?

If so, I'd really love to check out this zoo!

He's talking about the Animal Exhibits.

The stuff I bolded....A Zoo down here has that in Miami. :lookaroun

DisneyParksFan1

Or the new "Skippy's"...

Quoted for truth...

...It's simply sad that we earn all this money and barely use it...

RSoxNo1

The Animal Kingdom is my favorite park, but I also visit my local zoos at least once a month during the summer (there are several quality zoos within an hour of me to make it more than worth while). Having said that, if you are indifferent towards the animal walk throughs, you aren't going to like the Animal Kingdom.

The park is very light on traditional attractions, so if you eliminate the time spent on the Pangani Forest, Maharajah Jungle Trek, Oasis, Discovery Island, etc the park is quite easily a half day park.

As to today's Imagineers not being as good as those of year's past - I think there's far more red tape now. More people want to attach their names to a project so the real creative minds get pushed aside. However, I have been itching to go to Tokyo to see what Imagineering has done over there. I really don't feel that the creativity of the Imagineers has dropped at all, I think the process of getting the Imagineer's ideas to a production stage has been complicated and that could lead to the misconceptions that Imagineering is struggling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom