Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

hoke2007

I'd absolutely love to see a Monsters Inc. attraction at DHS, whether it be a dark ride or a coaster. Better yet, I'd rather actually see a mini-Monstropolis built with an attraction and a restaurant.

Oh the possibilities... that will never happen until WDO changes management and actually decides to care.

_Scar

I'd absolutely love to see a Monsters Inc. attraction at DHS, whether it be a dark ride or a coaster. Better yet, I'd rather actually see a mini-Monstropolis built with an attraction and a restaurant.

Oh the possibilities... that will never happen until WDO changes management and actually decides to care.

Harry Hausens!

Figment632

Agreed. Where are the "new" Figments? Or the "new" Hoot Gibsons? Or the Timekeepers?

Original characters are lacking, and that's a big problem. It makes the parks so much more unique.

Never speak of him again:fork: Damn Tony Baxter it is his fault it never got built:fork::fork::fork:

Lee

Adventurer
BTMR is a tremendous ride that Baxter should be very proud of but it did kill the Western River Expidition :fork:
Nah....'twas Pirates that put an end to WRE, matey.
Big Thunder was just in the right place, at the right time, to step in after the deed was done.

Figment632

Nah....'twas Pirates that put an end to WRE, matey.
Big Thunder was just in the right place, at the right time, to step in after the deed was done.

Partly. People in FLorida demanded POTC and that put WRE on hold. Tony Baxter didn't help by telling higher ups that the Mine Train ride should be the focal point of WRE and not the raft adventure.

EPCOT Explorer

Partly. People in FLorida demanded POTC and that put WRE on hold. Tony Baxter didn't help by telling higher ups that the Mine Train ride should be the focal point of WRE and not the raft adventure.

From what I've read (and watched. Thanks, Martin. :D) it seems that they BOTH would have been major rides. Just for two different demographics.

Pirates was needed, though, and I'm glad that we did get it. Though, it is ridiculous that it was initially shortened.

Figment632

From what I've read (and watched. Thanks, Martin. :D) it seems that they BOTH would have been major rides. Just for two different demographics.

Pirates was needed, though, and I'm glad that we did get it. Though, it is ridiculous that it was initially shortened.

See I have read different, I read that Marc Davis wanted the river attraction to be on the scale of POTC but better and the Mine Car attraction would have been the secondary attraction. SOn not as long or as big as BTMR but with the same level of detail.

FigmentJedi

See I have read different, I read that Marc Davis wanted the river attraction to be on the scale of POTC but better and the Mine Car attraction would have been the secondary attraction. SOn not as long or as big as BTMR but with the same level of detail.

Actually, mine car wasn't quite as detailed in Marc's plans. Tony just decided to make the mine car portion much more interesting, and the execs decided to latch onto that part more rather then WRE, so they're the ones to put the blame on more. You know, like all of our problems with Disney.

Figment632

Actually, mine car wasn't quite as detailed in Marc's plans. Tony just decided to make the mine car portion much more interesting, and the execs decided to latch onto that part more rather then WRE, so they're the ones to put the blame on more. You know, like all of our problems with Disney.

True but as Lee said the biggest factor is probaly POTC.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Baxter and Davis proposed a joint WRE (the ride, not the full Thunder Mesa) AND BTM. Walker turned it down due to the economy, PotC being very similar and Tomorrowland phase 2 coming online.

Figment632

Baxter and Davis proposed a joint WRE (the ride, not the full Thunder Mesa) AND BTM. Walker turned it down due to the economy, PotC being very similar and Tomorrowland phase 2 coming online.

I have heard that Davis refused to work with Baxter and held a life long grudge with him over this?

Also didn't POTC kill WRE coming to DLP, and TDL?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom