Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

epcotWSC

Anyway on the topic of the Monsters Inc Coaster. I was actually watching MI today and when the door lift scene came up, I was thinking how cool a ride would be if it was exactly like that. Of course you'd have to sit down and stuff, but the speed that it was going and the drops, the curves, and all that, would be awesome. They should try to emulate the layout as much as they can if this actually goes down.

Underdog

Thanks for making an on-topic post....

Since we talked about Stage 1, the footprint of the coaster & how it just barely fits, is it correct to assume that the building will be added on to?

How big is this project, especially since it appeared to have been green-lighted despite the economic environment?

Anyway on the topic of the Monsters Inc Coaster. I was actually watching MI today and when the door lift scene came up, I was thinking how cool a ride would be if it was exactly like that. Of course you'd have to sit down and stuff, but the speed that it was going and the drops, the curves, and all that, would be awesome. They should try to emulate the layout as much as they can if this actually goes down.

Mr.EPCOT

DVC is a great investment for people who don't have the extra cash to go on vacation every year to different places, where they can stay at deluxe accommodations, and for those who love WDW enough that they don't mind going every year. You can pay like $2,000 (I'm not sure how much dues are exactly could be less actually) every year for a 10 day WDW vacation at say Old Key West in a 2 bedroom villa, where as it costs about $6,700 without DVC. It was an even better deal for those people who signed up when the program first started. It was much cheaper back then, so the initial payment wasn't nearly as much as today.

For someone who goes to Disney yearly and stays at deluxe resorts every time, DVC pays for itself in a fairly short period of time.

So maybe for someone like yourself DVC is a ripoff, but I'm sure that for many other people, it's a great deal where both the customer makes out well and so does Disney.

It's especially a good deal for Cast Members. :D

Lee

Adventurer
Since we talked about Stage 1, the footprint of the coaster & how it just barely fits, is it correct to assume that the building will be added on to?
Yep. Definately.

How big is this project, especially since it appeared to have been green-lighted despite the economic environment?
Welll....it's not exactly greenlit. All that is happening is some very preliminary work to get them ready for when the light actually turns.

As for how big it is...you mean in scale? I would say bigger than TSM, and in the end will make a bigger splash.

Animaniac93-98

And I think Disney does an EXCELLENT job maintaining WDW! I don't know how often you go, but when Im there Im not looking for burnt out lightbulbs or scratches on paint. Actually, if anything, Im usually annoyed by all the construction I see of them rehabbing stuff. I think if you are going that often and its gotten to a point where you aren't enjoying the parks enough that you have to notice a burnt out bulb, it might be time to stay away from WDW for awhile.

Well the last time I went to WDW was Sept 07 and I only go at max once a year, but it's impossible to notice broken lightbulbs (or Neon at MGM) without having been going to WDW on a weekly basis, right? I wouldnt complain if I knew somone would fix it or make sure that if it was burnt out it would only last a day tops, but that's not the case anymore.

Here's a fun example. I've only seen the Country Bear Jamboree twice in my life and yet the second time I went (Sep 06) it was painfully clear to me that something was wrong. The lights were dim, the audio was difficult to hear, the animatronics were jittery etc. Should I have not been concerned?

Should I just enjoy myself if The Carousel of Progress still mentions car phones and laserdiscs, or that the TTA is covered in bird ________, or that it's the same parade year aftre yea after year? Sine I went they fixed CBJ, but EE is not working like it was back then, nor is the nw Nemo ride. It's as if Disney can't be bothered to amke sure everythin works anymore. You say Disney does "an EXCELLENT job mianting WDW!" then why do we have a thread dedicated to finding out if a Yetti AA is working?

I'm thrilled HoP is getting amajor upgrade, but they stil have not replaced al the speakers or AAs in Pirates. Some things just smack you in the face as you walk by and you don't need to be going often to notice them.

If I were the only one complaining your comlpaining would be more justified, but I'm no the only one doing it. It's no longer jus the fan community too, it's everyone. A post was made not long ago detailing how a persn overheard regular guests complain about things the fans have been bithcing about for years, does that not say something?

And yes you can indeed love something and complain abou it at the same time. Especially if it's as complex and varied as WDW (which is why I still enjoy going, and I'm not the one payin for the trips either, If it were up to me I would only go to DLR, DLP, TDR etc). I can love the castle and complain about Stitch's Great Escape. Even people who are in love with it like you are can still complain about the bus system, or how hard it is to get a resevation at a certain place. It's a simple as that, and lots of people do it so get used to it.

I will continue to complain if I don't like somnehing so you can and whine all you want about me (and why are you attacking me and not others?) but it won't change my mind about what I ahve to say about something.

Animaniac93-98

Welll....it's not exactly greenlit. All that is happening is some very preliminary work to get them ready for when the light actually turns.

As for how big it is...you mean in scale? I would say bigger than TSM, and in the end will make a bigger splash.

Sounds good Lee! I think it will be a fun coaster even if it's not about the thrills. There's a suspended family coaster at Wonderland and it looks pretty lame by itself, but indoors with effects it could really be cool. Plus I think Disney could always add something so that even when your on the chain lift up it's still apart of the overall experience.

Hope it goes green soon...

I know this is off topic but....i just love how we get off topic (like how we were talking about Disney Tokyo) and then someone would try to get us back on topic!:D:lol::cool:

epcotWSC

How I wish it was a thrill ride. Imagine a huge drop when the door drops down and Mike & Sulley get into the door at the last second or going really fast when trying to catch up to Randall. Also in the movie they were going really fast. I think it'd be awesome if they tried to make it like that (although from what it seems that people are saying here it won't).

epcotWSC

Sister Act (Touchtone), POTC, and Narnia are all put out by Disney, so of course they are going to put them in there. Sister Act was a popular movie, let's not forget.

Animaniac93-98

How I wish it was a thrill ride. Imagine a huge drop when the door drops down and Mike & Sulley get into the door at the last second or going really fast when trying to catch up to Randall. Also in the movie they were going really fast. I think it'd be awesome if they tried to make it like that (although from what it seems that people are saying here it won't).

They could make it seem like your going faster by having doors fly past you (running parallel to the track) and some parts in the dark. Besides, If they made it too fast you might miss some of the details (I hope there will be lots of them). I hope the have stuff like doors opening at random showing images that can be put on a loop so that each time you ride you might see something new.

goodtimes5286

Sorry to go backwards but our ToT is MILES beyond Disneysea

Twilight Zone (one of the most well known T.V. shows of it's or any generation) > Some bogus Mr. Hightower and Shiriki Utundu story ANY day of the week. Plus like someone said before our cart MOVES from the tower, the only thing that I dont like about WDW's is that whole "Take a good look at yourselves (then the mirror changes) because your now entering the twilight zone!" Besides that the storyline is head and shoulders beyond that of DisneySea, your probably just tired of ours so ANYTHING is better, if you eat cavier all day everyday, even a big bowl of mayo would taste better :hurl:

As for 1/2 of all the fourms turning into hate posts about management, i have not problem with people discussing it (and im being a hypocrate here b/c of what i said above), but in the right forum. People (including myself) come here to talk about monsters inc, and then when someone stears the ship astray, alot of posters jump on the bandwaggon (myself included).

And if you REALLY dont like the way disney is going, get into the bussiness and DO something about it (like what I'm going to try to do after I finish getting my MBA), b/c I know even if I got to the top, this is where I would come for fresh ideas (not saying I'd want to fire myself if everyone called for my head, but just looking at another view point is ALWAYS beneficial)

....just my two pennies....

whylightbulb

Sorry to go backwards but our ToT is MILES beyond Disneysea

Twilight Zone (one of the most well known T.V. shows of it's or any generation) > Some bogus Mr. Hightower and Shiriki Utundu story ANY day of the week. Plus like someone said before our cart MOVES from the tower, the only thing that I dont like about WDW's is that whole "Take a good look at yourselves (then the mirror changes) because your now entering the twilight zone!" Besides that the storyline is head and shoulders beyond that of DisneySea, your probably just tired of ours so ANYTHING is better, if you eat cavier all day everyday, even a big bowl of mayo would taste better :hurl:

As for 1/2 of all the fourms turning into hate posts about management, i have not problem with people discussing it (and im being a hypocrate here b/c of what i said above), but in the right forum. People (including myself) come here to talk about monsters inc, and then when someone stears the ship astray, alot of posters jump on the bandwaggon (myself included).

And if you REALLY dont like the way disney is going, get into the bussiness and DO something about it (like what I'm going to try to do after I finish getting my MBA), b/c I know even if I got to the top, this is where I would come for fresh ideas (not saying I'd want to fire myself if everyone called for my head, but just looking at another view point is ALWAYS beneficial)

....just my two pennies....
Have you been to DisneySea's TOT? I have yet to meet anyone, including myself, that has been to both and preferred WDW's. the attention to detail in Tokyo's is astounding. The pre-show is quite impressive and the queue is much better than WDW's. Yea it's neat that WDW's advances out of the lift but there isn't much to see when this happens and the gag does not read as it should (proceeding upside down through an elevator shaft).

Don't get me wrong, I love WDW's TOT but Tokyo's has the edge in my opinon (as well as everyone else I've read or talked with that have visited both).

goodtimes5286

Have you been to DisneySea's TOT? I have yet to meet anyone, including myself, that has been to both and preferred WDW's. the attention to detail in Tokyo's is astounding. The pre-show is quite impressive and the queue is much better than WDW's. Yea it's neat that WDW's advances out of the lift but there isn't much to see when this happens and the gag does not read as it should (proceeding upside down through an elevator shaft).

Don't get me wrong, I love WDW's TOT but Tokyo's has the edge in my opinon (as well as everyone else I've read or talked with that have visited both).

No I haven't, and to be honest since I can't speak japanese, I dont think I would be able to see everything. However I not only have read about it but I went to the website (stated like 2 pages eairler) and the "Twilight Zone" vs " Mr Hightower", I'll take twilight zone. There is detail everywhere from going from the garden into the hotel lobby, to the hidden mickey, to when you get back from the 5th dimension and all of the "stuff" on either side of the ride vehicle, to the little twilight zone quotes ('picture if you will....). Maybe the details from DHS version your missing is because your not a fan of the show, which is understandble. But from someone who owns every episode, I see more and more precision to detail each time I go into the ride because there is something else from a twilight zone episode i missed the time before.

Since I haven't been to DisneySea, I'm not going to knock it, but 5 seasons of the twilight zone were put into DHS's tower (supposibly every imageneer watched every episode ATLEAST 2x), so is it possible your just missing the detail?

I would but I can`t get a green card.

Psh, thats why you marry a legal :p

Enigma

Account Suspended
You should be thrilled.

He's just on these boards to make as many negative comments as possible about WDW. It's not worth your time to get in a discussion with him as it will always end up with him bashing management. That is the sum total of his contribution to this forum. Seriously, that is it.

My opinion is he is a fired front line CM with an axe to grind against Disney. Or he is a formerly banned member of this forum. :shrug:

you are a clown

whylightbulb

No I haven't, and to be honest since I can't speak japanese, I dont think I would be able to see everything. However I not only have read about it but I went to the website (stated like 2 pages eairler) and the "Twilight Zone" vs " Mr Hightower", I'll take twilight zone. There is detail everywhere from going from the garden into the hotel lobby, to the hidden mickey, to when you get back from the 5th dimension and all of the "stuff" on either side of the ride vehicle, to the little twilight zone quotes ('picture if you will....). Maybe the details from DHS version your missing is because your not a fan of the show, which is understandble. But from someone who owns every episode, I see more and more precision to detail each time I go into the ride because there is something else from a twilight zone episode i missed the time before.

Since I haven't been to DisneySea, I'm not going to knock it, but 5 seasons of the twilight zone were put into DHS's tower (supposibly every imageneer watched every episode ATLEAST 2x), so is it possible your just missing the detail?
I actually worked on the WDW version while at WDI. I used to be able to point out each prop and what episode they were from in the libraries and unload but doubt I could still do that.

While I love the Twilight Zone series I can't say I'm as big a fan as you. I can tell you that in terms of detail and story delivery TDS wins out. The website does not do it justice. The storyline is worthy of any Twilight Zone episode. The only thing it's missing is Rod Serling.

Don't get me wrong, I love the WDW version. It was the first and is unique among them all but TDS has definitely improved on it with respect to everything from story to audio to effects and attention to detail.

Underdog

Kinda sorta - In the scope of 'rounding DHS into a full day park' or prep for HP-ville in IOA?

Is WDW mgmt thinking that upgrading DHS with a new ride (this one) and refubing Star Tours is enough competition for HP? They'll probably really hype up SW weekends the year the ST refub is done.

How much bigger do they plan on making soundstage 1? If that can be discussed... ;-)

OT: Will the ST simulators be refurb'd or are new ones on the way? I'm sure they don't want ST down for a long period of time either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom