Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

Enigma

Account Suspended
Deal!
Let's knock down Stage 1 and build one of these:
P1030368.JPG

That's real BS that Tokyo gets fantastic stuff like that but we get dumbass things like stitch encoutner and monster inc. laugh floor.

Why would people go to WDW if they knew they were getting ripped off for a mediocre product. Maybe if more ppl stop going they will start building those kinds of attractions stateside.

Just like with DVC, Disney is taking you folks for a ride

djkidkaz

That's real BS that Tokyo gets fantastic stuff like that but we get dumbass things like stitch encoutner and monster inc. laugh floor.

Why would people go to WDW if they knew they were getting ripped off for a mediocre product. Maybe if more ppl stop going they will start building those kinds of attractions stateside.

What else has Tokyo Disneyland got recently? We just got Pixar Place with an awesome attraction, I think it evens out.

Im just curious, do you even go to WDW? By the way you phrased those comments, it comes across that you don't.

Lee

Adventurer
What else has Tokyo Disneyland got recently? We just got Pixar Place with an awesome attraction, I think it evens out.
No...not really even. That one Monsters Inc. ride, with it's fully immersive environment, interactive elements, and over 70 AAs, is a far superior attraction to TSMM. I like TSMM, but.....wow....Ride and Go Seek is just fabulous. Like something out of the golden age of WDI.

Jeez...first they get the world's best Tower of Terror, now this....OLC does it right.

djkidkaz

Why is theres the "worlds best"? Isn't ours the only one that leaves the shaft?

And isn't that the first attraction in a LONG time for Tokyo Disneyland? I would assume that they would get something amazing since they had to wait for so long and didn't get much over the past years.

Animaniac93-98

Im just curious, do you even go to WDW? By the way you phrased those comments, it comes across that you don't.

There are no words to describe my feelings about this statement.

Still want that plane ticket to Tokyo though.

djkidkaz

There are no words to describe my feelings about this statement.

Still want that plane ticket to Tokyo though.

:rolleyes:

You guys are all a joke. All you do is and moan about WDW on a fan message board. I don't know if you guys think your going to change management practices or garner a bigger following of negative people that see things the way you do, but in actuality, all your doing is being rude to those of us who come here as fans of the current product because we are forced to have you continually hijack threads with your negativity and initiate arguments. This website is called WDWMagic, WDW!!!! If you think Tokyo Disneyland or Disneyland in California is better, head over to a fan board about those places.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

You guys are all a joke. All you do is and moan about WDW on a fan message board. I don't know if you guys think your going to change management practices or garner a bigger following of negative people that see things the way you do, but in actuality, all your doing is being rude to those of us who come here as fans of the current product because we are forced to have you continually hijack threads with your negativity and initiate arguments. This website is called WDWMagic, WDW!!!! If you think Tokyo Disneyland or Disneyland in California is better, head over to a fan board about those places.

Oh dear what a stroker,

Animaniac93-98

I'm a fan of WDW, no question of that. Is it wrong to complain and compare if your concerned about the quality of a product you love?

If you just came here to expect dull praise dropping all the time, I suggest you head over to another board because like ti or not people will complain/compare here if they feel something is not quite right.

I could go on and on about how I love The Haunted Mansion, The Contemporary Resort, Tower of Terror, The Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre, Everest, Finding Nemo: The Musical, World Showcase, Carousel of Progress, Splash Mounatin, Mian Street's Area Music Loop, how clean the bueses at WDW are in comparission to the TTC etc. but let's face it no one cares about that and if we do nothing but praise then Disney will get away with putting out a sub par product because they think we don't care.

I complain about the company's Disney Store and Home Entertainment divisions too because I know they are capable of doing better (see Tokyo) and I want to see Disney respect it's fans like the OLC does and continue to live up to thier name and sandards they set decades ago.

Of Course Jay Rauslo, if you want us to leave you should just come out and say it and not hide behind an easily impressed forum character. ;)

Animaniac93-98

And isn't that the first attraction in a LONG time for Tokyo Disneyland? I would assume that they would get something amazing since they had to wait for so long and didn't get much over the past years.

No all they got was a new hotel, new parades and decorations for various season in all the lands on a yearly basis, new and different merchandise (good stuff that changed frequently) and new additions to the park next door in addition to enhancements to Pirates, SM, HMH etc. and a generally excellent job in maintaining the place.

When was the last time you could honestly say that about WDW?

djkidkaz

I'm a fan of WDW, no question of that. Is it wrong to complain and compare if your concerned about the quality of a product you love?

How can you say you LOVE the product yet complain about it? If I own a Gilette razor and complain that it cuts me almost everyday, but constantly rave about my Schick razor and how much better it is, then I obviously don't like the Gilette very much and should probably stick with the Schick. But If Im going to continue to use the Gilette then its me with the problem at that point, not the product.

Everyone who complains on here about WDW uses that same excuse, but if your complaining about a product, then your not getting what you once were from it, so why stick around? Because maybe it will get better? It sounds like that couple we all know who stays with their significant other because they've just put in so much time and are hoping things will change. It ain't happenin'! Everyone knows it except them. I think that is what you guys need to realize.

If you just came here to expect dull praise dropping all the time, I suggest you head over to another board because like ti or not people will complain/compare here if they feel something is not quite right.

I don't come to a fan message board expecting every post to have praise for Disney. I come on here assuming that I'll be able to read a thread about the latest rumor for a Monsters Inc. Coaster going into the Studios as the original thread starter intended. But instead I have to read posts by the same handful of posters who want to discuss how Jay Rasulo should be fired or that WDW management sucks compared to all the other branches in the company. Which then leads every thread off topic and into the same love/hate argument about Disney. Many of you need to remember that your not the only ones here. Not everyone holds the same ideals as you and your "Wal-Marting" thoughts are in the minority on this board. Im honestly not even sure why Steve lets that stuff slide? This board is about News and Rumors. Talk of a new coaster going into the studios is a rumor and fits on this board. Talk of management ruining WDW is neither news or a rumor, its opinion and should be placed somewhere else on the site.

I could go on and on about how I love The Haunted Mansion, The Contemporary Resort, Tower of Terror, The Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre, Everest, Finding Nemo: The Musical, World Showcase, Carousel of Progress, Splash Mounatin, Mian Street's Area Music Loop, how clean the bueses at WDW are in comparission to the TTC etc. but let's face it no one cares about that and if we do nothing but praise then Disney will get away with putting out a sub par product because they think we don't care.

You think noone cares about your praise for those attractions, so why do you think people care about your negativity of WDW on this fan message board? My issue with this is wouldn't you be better served by writing Disney a letter specifically? Why would you take out your frustrations with a bunch of people who are still happy with the product?

I complain about the company's Disney Store and Home Entertainment divisions too because I know they are capable of doing better (see Tokyo) and I want to see Disney respect it's fans like the OLC does and continue to live up to thier name and sandards they set decades ago.

Of Course Jay Rauslo, if you want us to leave you should just come out and say it and not hide behind an easily impressed forum character. ;)

djkidkaz

No all they got was a new hotel, new parades and decorations for various season in all the lands on a yearly basis, new and different merchandise (good stuff that changed frequently) and new additions to the park next door in addition to enhancements to Pirates, SM, HMH etc. and a generally excellent job in maintaining the place.

When was the last time you could honestly say that about WDW?

WDW is getting many new hotels. Yes they are DVC but don't think for a minute that Disney isn't going to bring the DVC cash cow to those other parks once they get a few good hotels up, just like they did at WDW during the Eisner era.

How much does it cost to get into Disneyland? Around $70 or so? We all agree that its made up of locals mainly, which means that the majority of those people are paying $70 each time they enter that park. Most people going to WDW are tourists and probably buy a 7 day park hopper for around $280. So lets say you go to two parks a day for 7 days, your logistically paying $20 each time you enter the park. Its alot easier to maintain a park when each guest is paying $70, wouldn't you say? And in addition, if the majority of your guests are repeat guests, doesn't it make sense to continually update the attractions in your park to keep them returning? WDW is made up of people who make one time visits or return every 3 years or so. I'd like someone to make a list of all the changes that have occured at WDW since Jan. 24th 2006, I bet its quite extensive!

I would also expect Tokyo Disney to get new and different merchandise seeing as its a whole different culture.

We've also recently gotten enhancements to Pirates, HM and now Space Mountain.

And I think Disney does an EXCELLENT job maintaining WDW! I don't know how often you go, but when Im there Im not looking for burnt out lightbulbs or scratches on paint. Actually, if anything, Im usually annoyed by all the construction I see of them rehabbing stuff. I think if you are going that often and its gotten to a point where you aren't enjoying the parks enough that you have to notice a burnt out bulb, it might be time to stay away from WDW for awhile.

TalkingHead

WDW is getting many new hotels. Yes they are DVC but don't think for a minute that Disney isn't going to bring the DVC cash cow to those other parks once they get a few good hotels up, just like they did at WDW during the Eisner era.

How much does it cost to get into Disneyland? Around $70 or so? We all agree that its made up of locals mainly, which means that the majority of those people are paying $70 each time they enter that park. Most people going to WDW are tourists and probably buy a 7 day park hopper for around $280. So lets say you go to two parks a day for 7 days, your logistically paying $20 each time you enter the park. Its alot easier to maintain a park when each guest is paying $70, wouldn't you say? And in addition, if the majority of your guests are repeat guests, doesn't it make sense to continually update the attractions in your park to keep them returning? WDW is made up of people who make one time visits or return every 3 years or so. I'd like someone to make a list of all the changes that have occured at WDW since Jan. 24th 2006, I bet its quite extensive!

I would also expect Tokyo Disney to get new and different merchandise seeing as its a whole different culture.

We've also recently gotten enhancements to Pirates, HM and now Space Mountain.

And I think Disney does an EXCELLENT job maintaining WDW! I don't know how often you go, but when Im there Im not looking for burnt out lightbulbs or scratches on paint. Actually, if anything, Im usually annoyed by all the construction I see of them rehabbing stuff. I think if you are going that often and its gotten to a point where you aren't enjoying the parks enough that you have to notice a burnt out bulb, it might be time to stay away from WDW for awhile.

:brick: This guy can't be serious, can he?

Enigma

Account Suspended

to say Pixar Place w/ toy story mania = Tokyo Monsters Inc. is like saying DINO-RAMA w/ primeaval whirl = Big Thunder Mountain

I've probably been to WDW more times than you have. About how old are you btw?

jt04

Someone's jealous of DVC folks. Yep, jealous and bitter too!:cry:

Now when did Tokyo get an Animal Kingdom and an Epcot??? I missed that news!:lol:..............:D

Enigma

Account Suspended
Someone's jealous of DVC folks. Yep, jealous and bitter too!:cry:

Jealous of DVC :eek:

I feel so sorry for the poor people disney bs'd into signing those papers.

Now when did Tokyo get an Animal Kingdom and an Epcot??? I missed that news!:lol:..............:D

I will take Tokyo Disneysea over current day Epcot & current day animal kingdom any day of the week.

jt04

I am a DVC member.. So, tell me why you feel sorry for me?? I am thrilled I made the decision to purchase into it... Why? Cause I enjoy going to WDW...

You should be thrilled.

He's just on these boards to make as many negative comments as possible about WDW. It's not worth your time to get in a discussion with him as it will always end up with him bashing management. That is the sum total of his contribution to this forum. Seriously, that is it.

My opinion is he is a fired front line CM with an axe to grind against Disney. Or he is a formerly banned member of this forum. :shrug:

epcotWSC

Jealous of DVC :eek:

I feel so sorry for the poor people disney bs'd into signing those papers.

DVC is a great investment for people who don't have the extra cash to go on vacation every year to different places, where they can stay at deluxe accommodations, and for those who love WDW enough that they don't mind going every year. You can pay like $2,000 (I'm not sure how much dues are exactly could be less actually) every year for a 10 day WDW vacation at say Old Key West in a 2 bedroom villa, where as it costs about $6,700 without DVC. It was an even better deal for those people who signed up when the program first started. It was much cheaper back then, so the initial payment wasn't nearly as much as today.

For someone who goes to Disney yearly and stays at deluxe resorts every time, DVC pays for itself in a fairly short period of time.

So maybe for someone like yourself DVC is a ripoff, but I'm sure that for many other people, it's a great deal where both the customer makes out well and so does Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom