Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

Lee

Adventurer
The new addition to Animal Kingdom? Maybe... possibly... hopefully?
Still out there.
(I think the original question asked about stuff besides the AK project.)

...is the decision making process to first choose the type of ride or the brand, theme, property, and how to implement their story?
Used to be kinda like:
Find a story to tell, figure out how to tell it (ride system, characters, etc), decide where to put it.
Now it's more like:
Wow...X sells a lot of plush! Let's make a ride about X!
:rolleyes:
Not just that but, I have heard rumors that Lights! Motors! Action may be rethemed to a Cars show.
Nah...not gonna happen.

Underdog

Nothing really that we haven't mentioned around here.
Mermaid at MK, possible Fantasyland makeover.
New JII at Epcot, whatever that was for Japan.
Star Tours 2 and replacement for Backlot Tour at DHS.

Far as I know, that stuff is what is most close to greenlight, unless I am forgetting something....

With TSM and the Monsters Inc. ride, what's the main thrust behind Pixar place - 'we just needed a new area in DHS' or 'let's use the brand to further the park's expansion?' Should we expect that most new Pixar themed projects will be in this area?

Is this part of the planned response to HP-ville in IOA?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
'we just needed a new area in DHS' or 'let's use the brand to further the park's expansion?' Should we expect that most new Pixar themed projects will be in this area
Both, both, and some.

Seems odd to me to. I mean, what land would Sinbad belong to? Lost Continent is where Potter is going, right? They should do some sort of Harry Potter show there, complete with amazing EFX.

There will still be a Lost Continent after Potter opens, though all I can think of being there is Mythos and Sinbad.

SirGoofy

Far as I know, that stuff is what is most close to greenlight, unless I am forgetting something....

I know it won't happen, but if all of this happens in the next 3-5 years, including the DAK expansion, I will be incredibly happy with WDW.

the-reason14

I agree; for that matter, it's ridiculous for Sister Act and PoTC to be featured in the same movie montage as Rocky, Gone with the Wind, and the Godfather.

Why is it ridiculous though? The ride is about the movies, and the montage at the end is suppose to show some great classic films as well as modern films that younger riders can identify with.

shmmrname

Speculation can be fun to dabble in, but I can't believe how much debates it creates. But, I am definitely OK w/any big addition.

Not just that but, I have heard rumors that Lights! Motors! Action may be rethemed to a Cars show.
YEP! i heard about that too! I can't even picture that show becoming rethemed to Cars anyway! That show is fine the way it is The only thing i think they should do is just give it a small part just in the show like that small Herbie section! I would be fine with that! And with that big sign where it says "Direct form Disney Studios Paris" Well they better get rid of that because i doubt Cars was orignally in it!
This is me right now saying/thinking what is Disney doing??!??!??!:brick::brick::brick::brick::veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu

Lee

Adventurer
The water vortex works fine - it's just expensive so they cut it from the show. I would assume that's a sign that the show is gone.
For me, the water vortex WAS the show...the best part of it, anyway.
So, if it isn't working, for any reason....just put the poor show out of it's misery.

SirGoofy

YEP! i heard about that too! I can't even picture that show becoming rethemed to Cars anyway! That show is fine the way it is The only thing i think they should do is just give it a small part just in the show like that small Herbie section! I would be fine with that! And with that big sign where it says "Direct form Disney Studios Paris" Well they better get rid of that because i doubt Cars was orignally in it!
This is me right now saying/thinking what is Disney doing??!??!??!:brick::brick::brick::brick::veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu

That's certainly a matter of opinion. I wouldn't mind if the demolished it along with the rest of the backlot area.

WDW1974

And thanks for the info WDW1974! Glad to hear they are actually putting some things into motion with Monsters.

Don't get too excited just yet.

I've only had one person (who I do trust) tell me this, but I'm trying to pin down just what kind of work is actually being done.

Hell, they started clearing out that Soundstage and doing some prep work last fall, so it's not like nothing's been done.

I just want to hear that the work going on now is more of the substantial kind ... will report more when I know it.

WDW1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee

I know it won't happen, but if all of this happens in the next 3-5 years, including the DAK expansion, I will be incredibly happy with WDW.

Hate to tell you to lower your expectations (what am I? a Disney exec?) ... but if I were you I'd be thrilled beyond belief if 25-35% of those things happen in the next five years.

This IS WDW you are talking about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom