Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

GothMickey

Agreed. I was 100% disappointed in the whole Simpsons experience. Which is a shame, I love the Simpsons. Give me 100 rides on TSM before Simpsons.

And I'll ask again, because I'm impatient.:p Lee or marni, how well themed will Monster's be? I realize it's not an E ticket, but can we expect a well-done ride?

I still say they work it in such a way where the roller coaster is a ride from real life to Monstropolis over to Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, in the same way that Rock N Roller Coaster is a limo ride to the Aerosmith concert. Only, in Monster's Inc, you will actually arrive at a real show. Again, crowd flow problems should be able to be worked out with little issue.

Figment632

I am very excited for this ride!!!

I didn't know TSM was D I thought it was an E ticket can somebody explain to me what each level or class means I've never really understood?

Lee

Adventurer
Lee or marni, how well themed will Monster's be? I realize it's not an E ticket, but can we expect a well-done ride?
Why so sure it won't be an E?
From what I've heard, unless something has changed since summer :)rolleyes:), the ride will be very well themed. Much better and immersive than TSMM.

GothMickey

From what I've heard, unless something has changed since summer :)rolleyes:), the ride will be very well themed. Much better and immersive than TSMM.

Which means, instead of 3D screens and shooting targets, this will be 3D touch screens. :lol:

I am joking. I hope nothing is cut and the full experience is built.

wdwmemories

I would love to see a new Monsters Inc Coaster in DHS.
And based on what Jim Hill said in the article mentioned at the start of this thread - I'm glad that all the asbestos will be gone from the Hall of Presidents - even from the backstage areas!

The plan for the roller coaster it self does seem a little weird!
I also think that The backlot tour should not be cut. I mean it is a total classic ride. Probably the purpose why DHS is called "DHS".
The Cars ride also seem a little bit like the end part of test track with the turns and everything. Cars does need it's own place because we wanted to me the cars from "CARS" only problem was we couldn't even find it! Besides Cars was/is a bigger hit then Monster Inc.

jeffk410

Woot

Be positive this is great! DHS is becoming a favorite of mine. Too many negative people everyone has to be happy we are talking about the most magical place on earth =D

jt04

Be positive this is great! DHS is becoming a favorite of mine. Too many negative people everyone has to be happy we are talking about the most magical place on earth =D

I agree. DHS is a great park. People will appreciate in time exactly what they are creating. Same thing with AK.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I agree. DHS is a great park. People will appreciate in time exactly what they are creating. Same thing with AK.
And therein I think lies the core issue. It used to be a great park. Today it is a shadow of a former self. They shouldn`t have to `be creating` anything - it used to have the `it` factor before it was allowed to loose its way. Now they`re trying to fix what was allowed to break instead of not breaking it to begin with.

tirian

And therein I think lies the core issue. It used to be a great park. Today it is a shadow of a former self. They shouldn`t have to `be creating` anything - it used to have the `it` factor before it was allowed to loose its way. Now they`re trying to fix what was allowed to break instead of not breaking it to begin with.

Wait, are you talking about the MK, Epcot, or DHS? ;)

jt04

Let's see. It didn't have a ToT, RnRC, TSMM or Pixar Pace when it opened. It also didn't have Fantasmic or LMA.

I liked the original BT...........once. After that it was boring to me.

It still has some of the original classics that were worth keeping so I guess we see DHS quite differently.

The only thing missing for me is SuperStar Television. They should really try to recreate something similar with current programming.

pheneix

Meh... Even Disney's idea of "fixing" MGM/DHS is only making it more of a disorganized cluster of ideas rather than remaking the cohesive feel that the park originally had. The park never received the blessing of time or money that Universal Studios had, but at least it was built out around a strong core till around 1998-ish.

Disney simply does not have a master plan for DHS or anything in Florida anymore, and it shows even with projects they haven't even approved yet.

tirian

Let's see. It didn't have a ToT, RnRC, TSMM or Pixar Pace when it opened. It also didn't have Fantasmic or LMA.

I liked the original BT...........once. After that it was boring to me.

It still has some of the original classics that were worth keeping so I guess we see DHS quite differently.

The only thing missing for me is SuperStar Television. They should really try to recreate something similar with current programming.

He didn't say it was perfect when it opened, just that it was better before it lost its way. Marni isn't suggesting any of those additions were bad.

JT04, I'm not trying to start an argument, so please don't take this the wrong way: it seems that you read into things too much, and often put words into people's mouths. I don't think you're trying to be underhanded—you just seem to be deciding what people are saying instead of actually reading their posts. Lighten up a bit; you'll enjoy the boards more. :wave:

jt04

He didn't say it was perfect when it opened, just that it was better before it lost its way. Marni isn't suggesting any of those additions were bad.

JT04, I'm not trying to start an argument, so please don't take this the wrong way: it seems that you read into things too much, and often put words into people's mouths. I don't think you're trying to be underhanded—you just seem to be deciding what people are saying instead of actually reading their posts.

I have nothing but respect for Martin and appreciate all the information he provides.

He said, the park is a "shadow of it's former self" and used to be a "great park". I was just stating why, for me, the opposite is true. I love DHS compared to MGM. And I am optimistic for the future.

It's just become vogue here to rip at anything that has happened at WDW in the last 6 years or so. I do not hold this viewpoint and intend to explain why when I don't agree with someone.

Example? Man that new fry cart in Frontierland is so much better than the old one.

SirGoofy

Wow, awesome! I actually love the themeing in TSM, so that sounds great.

And is there enough room in Sound Stage 1 for a true e-ticket?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom