Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

Sabrefan14

I agree about the removal of MILF...CC. It's just a waste of perfectly good attraction space. Now about this Monsters thing... I'm guessing that the cheepos at Disney will see the Tokyo ride and "re-imagine" the scenery into the roller coaster's setting. Throw in some doors and all are happy. I'm not complaining, though, because Tokyo knows where it's at. And that's special effects, animatronics, and MONEY!

Bring back the Timekeeper!

Enigma

Account Suspended
Actually, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin is not based upon the same film that TSMM is based upon. Space Range Spin is based upon the TV show Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. Which frustrates me because it is inconsistent. It's based upon the show where Buzz Lightyear isn't a toy but IS a space ranger. Yet we have the etch a sketch & viewfinder. There shouldn't be that many toys in that queue line and/or attraction. Oh well, it's still fun.

False. The Disneyland version of the ride which is basically identical has a sign out front that says "Based on the Disney-Pixar movie Toy Story 2".

I don't see how the ride is fun at all. Its just cardboard cutouts and chuck-e-cheese level thrills. Is it really worth $80 admission to check out?

Lance

While I've always been for a Monsters Inc. flying door attraction/coaster...

I'm very hesitant about it, only because of Pixar Place!

Don't get me wrong, I loved Toy Story Mania, it was a great time, my arm was numb after riding... two thumbs up... but Pixar Place is out of control. Its like one big cluster-youknowhat... the congestion outside of the TSMM is ridiculous... and I don't even walk past Pixar Place anymore, I just go around through the commissary.

Can you imagine how bad it would be if they put a new MI attraction right next store??? Its already awful, it'll be annoying people standing around like idiots in front of TWO attractions.... ugh...

So they need to fix the current crowding in a small area problem they got right now, before they go ahead with anything else.... I hope they are.... obviously you take out the stupid little gift stand directly across from the TSMM entrance... but Disney loves to sell us crap after we exit... so who knows...

djkidkaz

The problem with Pixar Place right now is there isn't anything else to do over there and its the most popular attraction in the park. I think if they put another attraction next to it, it would atleast keep people moving. Right now people come out of TSMM and stand around deciding if they should ride again, since there isn't much to do at the Studios, but if there was a new ride next to it, it would be a much easier decision and they would likely move on instead of standing around.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The problem with Pixar Place right now is there isn't anything else to do over there and its the most popular attraction in the park.
You got it. Welcome to WDW 2008. Orlando only got TSMM since Anahiem did the R&D. Give it a few years. It will be even more popular. ;)

GothMickey

I don't mind if another coaster is built in DHS. However, can't they find another pixar movie to make the coaster from? I am sure a Monster's Inc coaster will be fun. I just think MLF should be moved from Tomorrowland and put in Pixar Place. A coaster from Ratatouille would be cool. Looking at a park map, I can see Radiator Springs popping up, replacing the Backlot Tour, complete with the same ride Disneyland is getting. And, I can also see Pixar Place expanding into Animation Courtyard.

pheneix

They're morons if they're honestly trying to run Monsters Inc. vs. Harry Potter.

Then again, Team Disney Orlando IS full of morons. Anything is possible!

Sound we be taking this to mean Disnay has a huge attraction just waiting to be unwrapped to the public that will be Disney's answer to Harry Potter???

They dont HAVE to follow Universal and make a gigantic new land / attraction. And I doubt they are selling this as an answer to anything. I for one am very excited if this is indeed true...sounds like it will be a very fun attraction.

MiklCraw4d

My most fervent hope is that they would get MILF the heck out of Tomorrowland and into the Studios alongside the coaster. That would just be... a really, really good thing.

As much as I look down on the execution of the Studios park, it is convenient to have as an oubliette of sorts for "franchise" attractions that other resorts might be forced to include in their Magic Kingdoms.

Toonification and Pixarification continue to concern me, but it's nice to have a "Pixar Studios" were we can now dump stuff like this. The MI coaster should be a pretty sweet ride, too... I just wish we could see some more dark rides at DHS. And more that evokes Hollywood rather than marketing's latest DVD release...

I don't mind if another coaster is built in DHS. However, can't they find another pixar movie to make the coaster from? I am sure a Monster's Inc coaster will be fun. I just think MLF should be moved from Tomorrowland and put in Pixar Place. A coaster from Ratatouille would be cool. Looking at a park map, I can see Radiator Springs popping up, replacing the Backlot Tour, complete with the same ride Disneyland is getting. And, I can also see Pixar Place expanding into Animation Courtyard.

GothMickey

They dont HAVE to follow Universal and make a gigantic new land / attraction. And I doubt they are selling this as an answer to anything. I for one am very excited if this is indeed true...sounds like it will be a very fun attraction.

Ah, true, but.. if Universal pulls people away from Disney because of HP, then Disney will have no choice but to answer.

GothMickey

My most fervent hope is that they would get MILF the heck out of Tomorrowland and into the Studios alongside the coaster. That would just be... a really, really good thing.

As much as I look down on the execution of the Studios park, it is convenient to have as an oubliette of sorts for "franchise" attractions that other resorts might be forced to include in their Magic Kingdoms.

Toonification and Pixarification continue to concern me, but it's nice to have a "Pixar Studios" were we can now dump stuff like this. The MI coaster should be a pretty sweet ride, too... I just wish we could see some more dark rides at DHS. And more that evokes Hollywood rather than marketing's latest DVD release...

What would be awesome is if they can incorporate the roller coaster to the Laugh Floor. You have to take the coaster to the comedy club. Don't know how crowd flow would be, but, I am sure it can be done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom