Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sound we be taking this to mean Disnay has a huge attraction just waiting to be unwrapped to the public that will be Disney's answer to Harry Potter???
Yep. We discussed it a while back. One word is spoiling the party; money. Despite the fact HP land is continuing to move ahead.

GothMickey

Yep. We discussed it a while back. One word is spoiling the party; money. Despite the fact HP land is continuing to move ahead.

I haven't been around much lately. Is this discussion regarding the new rumored land and JTTCOTE coming to Animal Kingdom? Or some sort of huge e-ticket coming to MK? I don't see Epcot getting anything huge that will be the response.

pheneix

Monsters against Potter? Wrong park.

In theory.

Morons.

Yeah, but considering Disney's MO I could easily see them adding a couple of minor attractions around the resort and creating a new "celebration" as supplements to the Monsters Inc coaster as a marketing plan against Potter. It won't work, but Disney will do it anyway. Crap marketing campaigns is all they're good at these days.

The official word I've recieved is that despite the preliminary work on Monsters Inc the ride itself is on hold indefinitely. Real money is not going to be spent until a greenlight is given from Burbank. With Tom Staggs looking to send thousands of employees out the door company wide no one expects that funding to be approved any time soon. My gut feeling is that this attraction is going to be the next Fire Mountain.

jt04

It`s true - though don`t expect an announcement just yet.

Yeah, but considering Disney's MO I could easily see them adding a couple of minor attractions around the resort and creating a new "celebration" as supplements to the Monsters Inc coaster as a marketing plan against Potter. It won't work, but Disney will do it anyway. Crap marketing campaigns is all they're good at these days.

The official word I've recieved is that despite the preliminary work on Monsters Inc the ride itself is on hold indefinitely. Real money is not going to be spent until a greenlight is given from Burbank. With Tom Staggs looking to send thousands of employees out the door company wide no one expects that funding to be approved any time soon. My gut feeling is that this attraction is going to be the next Fire Mountain.

Hmmm, who to believe? :confused:

I choose to believe Martin.

SirGoofy

Man, Marni, I hope you're right. I'm actually really pumped for this ride. If themed right I think it could be a nice little addition.

Have you heard anything about the possible quality of the ride?

nerdboyrockstar

Why would anyone knock a new attraction? And a Monsters Inc. themed coaster at that.

I think we all saw the doors scene in the movie and thought "RIDE. RIDE. RIDE."

GothMickey

Why would anyone knock a new attraction? And a Monsters Inc. themed coaster at that.

I think we all saw the doors scene in the movie and thought "RIDE. RIDE. RIDE."

People on here start knocking new rides if it is anything less than an e-ticket. Any A,B,C, or D announcements are knocked for no reason. I saw we wait until we get specifics about the ride before knocking it.

nerdboyrockstar

People on here start knocking new rides if it is anything less than an e-ticket. Any A,B,C, or D announcements are knocked for no reason. I saw we wait until we get specifics about the ride before knocking it.

When the only construction news coming out of Disney is DVC and family suites, I think the possibility of any ride is really exciting. :lol:

pheneix

As is KP evidently. Is it just me or does Imagineering seem to be on a roll lately?

It turned out pretty cool for what it is. They should be ashamed for how much it cost to get it up and running though.

PS....

Simpsons Ride > than Toy Story Mania.

pheneix

No, sir...not in any way that I can see.

Back to the Future > Simpsons

Hate that Simpsons ride...total failure in my eyes.

I concede that point wholeheartedly. Simpsons is a very bittersweet experience for me as I was on the closing team of Back to the Future Orlando.

You seen the new BTTF DVD re-release? They included the ride film and the attraction's pre-shows as special features. My home theater is going to be cranking that DVD up quite often.

CaptainMichael

I never experienced BTTF nor do I have an attachment to the films, so to me, the Simpsons Ride is a great experience and well executed. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute in Krustyland.

SirGoofy

No, sir...not in any way that I can see.

Back to the Future > Simpsons

Hate that Simpsons ride...total failure in my eyes.

Agreed. I was 100% disappointed in the whole Simpsons experience. Which is a shame, I love the Simpsons. Give me 100 rides on TSM before Simpsons.

And I'll ask again, because I'm impatient.:p Lee or marni, how well themed will Monster's be? I realize it's not an E ticket, but can we expect a well-done ride?

djkidkaz

Is the ride even supposed to be themed around the door scene or was that something that was made up and became a "valid" rumor on the net?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom