Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

EPCOTCenterLover

We are seriously considering skipping the Studios during our visit in February. Haven't been there in three years. I can go to Midway Mania at DCA...

Too many live shows, too few real attractions.

Roxas

I think the Monster's Inc. Coaster sounds great....

And I hope they do change the movie set to bugs life....

I

As far as I can see re-branding the movie se wouldn't require anything more than a change of signage and the maps.

And then maybe a new coat of paint.

Kman101

yeah. i don't see it being too difficult re-branding the play area. fresh coat of paint, new signage and maybe some bugs life characters thrown in and voila. a rebranded area.

disnyfan89

yeah. i don't see it being too difficult re-branding the play area. fresh coat of paint, new signage and maybe some bugs life characters thrown in and voila. a rebranded area.
I actually think a lot of work would need to go into transforming the HISTK play set into a bugs life. Both movies have a very distinctive look that don't match each other. Some elements could remain but a large portion would still need to be redone.

Iknewagirlnamed

They won't be getting rid of MILF for quite a while. A) It's a failry new attraction and although rather boring except for the showing off of cool special effects, they need to get their money's worth. Second, once building something, they have to keep it around for a certain amount of years to get tax write offs.

I don't see why they would get rid of MILF just because they build another Monsters Inc themed attraction in another park. There's The Seas with Nemo at Epcot and the Nemo musical at DAK and that doesn't seem to be a problem. The area that MILF is in at MK is really only large enough for a film based attraction, I don't see it as wasted space.

jeffk410

i like it

I like monsters inc laugh floor. I know it is almost the same identical thing each time ,just different people ,but i still do like it. It still has more time even if they make a new coaster ,which probably wouldnt come til 2020 lol

I don't see why they would get rid of MILF just because they build another Monsters Inc themed attraction in another park. There's The Seas with Nemo at Epcot and the Nemo musical at DAK and that doesn't seem to be a problem. The area that MILF is in at MK is really only large enough for a film based attraction, I don't see it as wasted space.

Not to mention Buzz Lightyear and TSMM, which are not only the same film but also the same type of attraction, just updated in TSMM's case.

Hot4Hudgens

Agree to that :sohappy:. If you go on it more than once you know what to expect, which makes it boring. I miss when they had the houses which is now Lights Motors Action :(.

I loved those too. I was so disappointed when I first rode Backlot in '06 (after LMA had opened) and saw that the houses were gone. It was one of my favorite parts of the attraction - call me a nerd if you must! :eek:

djkidkaz

Is that a new facade they installed at the end across from SS1 or has that always been there? I notice they just removed the tarps recently that were covering the whole thing.

Disneyson 1

I agree about the removal of MILF...CC. It's just a waste of perfectly good attraction space. Now about this Monsters thing... I'm guessing that the cheepos at Disney will see the Tokyo ride and "re-imagine" the scenery into the roller coaster's setting. Throw in some doors and all are happy. I'm not complaining, though, because Tokyo knows where it's at. And that's special effects, animatronics, and MONEY!

I agree about the removal of MILF...CC. It's just a waste of perfectly good attraction space. Now about this Monsters thing... I'm guessing that the cheepos at Disney will see the Tokyo ride and "re-imagine" the scenery into the roller coaster's setting. Throw in some doors and all are happy. I'm not complaining, though, because Tokyo knows where it's at. And that's special effects, animatronics, and MONEY!

Tokyo's MI ride is mostly based off of TSM technology. Disney's not stupid enough to build two rides of the same type right next to each other.

Disneyson 1

I wasn't referring to the ride itself, but the audio-animatronics that will be used. The ride in Tokyo will be like TSMM, but instead of a game-like atmosphere, the riders will shine flashlights on animatronics and they'll do stuff. That's all. I'm just assuming that we'll find some familiar animatronics in this new roller coaster as they're not going to cast completely new models for characters that have models in 2 rides.

RSoxNo1

Tokyo's MI ride is mostly based off of TSM technology. Disney's not stupid enough to build two rides of the same type right next to each other.

My understanding is that the Tokyo Monster's Inc ride uses the patent that Disney filed a few years ago for a flash light type thing that changes the image illuminated by the light to a different image, presumably allowing you to see through items (like x-ray vision), or see in the dark on a video screen.

dbogue

Not to mention Buzz Lightyear and TSMM, which are not only the same film but also the same type of attraction, just updated in TSMM's case.

Actually, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin is not based upon the same film that TSMM is based upon. Space Range Spin is based upon the TV show Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. Which frustrates me because it is inconsistent. It's based upon the show where Buzz Lightyear isn't a toy but IS a space ranger. Yet we have the etch a sketch & viewfinder. There shouldn't be that many toys in that queue line and/or attraction. Oh well, it's still fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom