Monsters Inc coaster greenlit and Spain coming to world showcase?!?

Grizzly Hall 71

It's simple. Opinions are only valid from long time users with thousands of posts. Opinions from all others are farce.

A long time user with thousands of post can't stand to have a new person come in and present a differing opinion. They are vulnerable and sensitive to because they are only interested in one-upping someone with their knowledge/experience of Disney World. They live in a world of exaggerated self-importance and this causes insecurity. Using the troll label is the refuge of the weak and is a last resort personal attack.

Post of the day! It's like high school. The top members are seniors and the newbues are frosh. Frosh aren't allowed to say anything because that's not cool.

And oh geez if someone contridicts a top member then the world is no longer in balance. They must be crazy for having a different than opinion than me. Sigh.

NedLand

it's simple. Opinions are only valid from long time users with thousands of posts. Opinions from all others are farce.

A long time user with thousands of post can't stand to have a new person come in and present a differing opinion. They are vulnerable and sensitive to because they are only interested in one-upping someone with their knowledge/experience of disney world. They live in a world of exaggerated self-importance and this causes insecurity. Using the troll label is the refuge of the weak and is a last resort personal attack.
qft

wdwfan22

Post of the day! It's like high school. The top members are seniors and the newbues are frosh. Frosh aren't allowed to say anything because that's not cool.

And oh geez if someone contridicts a top member then the world is no longer in balance. They must be crazy for having a different than opinion than me. Sigh.

So true, I have never understood why the high post count seems to make you a person of importance here. To me it just means you have nothing better to do with your day then sit on the internet :ROFLOL:

Enchantâmes

I didn't read your post yet but I agree with your last sentence 1,000,000,000,000,000%
Cat_fail_Fail-s446x354-10288-580.jpg

_Scar

It's simple. Opinions are only valid from long time users with thousands of posts. Opinions from all others are farce.

A long time user with thousands of post can't stand to have a new person come in and present a differing opinion. They are vulnerable and sensitive to because they are only interested in one-upping someone with their knowledge/experience of Disney World. They live in a world of exaggerated self-importance and this causes insecurity. Using the troll label is the refuge of the weak and is a last resort personal attack.

When you pass the 1,000 post mark you become virtually and mentally all-powerful.

One day you shall see.

And if you don't believe me then look at my post count total again and you will.

Magenta Panther

Spain, meh. I'd rather see Ireland added to the World Showcase. Yeah, it's supposed to be sort of included with Great Britian, but come on, Ireland has a distinct character from GB. Think of thatched cottages and Irish pubs, Celtic music and banshees and leprechauns. Could be cool.

Grizzly Hall 71

When you pass the 1,000 post mark you become virtually and mentally all-powerful.

One day you shall see.

And if you don't believe me then look at my post count total again and you will.
I think once I reach 1,000 I'll retire so I won't know what that will feel like.

Disneygirl91395

I too would like to see more rides in World Showcase. No doubt the full service restaurants, quick service restaurants, performances, and merchandise is great, but I would really like to see a mountain range at world showcase if money weren't an option. A Japan Pavilion with Mt. Fiji. A canada pavilion with a cavernous river rapids ride. A greece pavilion with a Mt. Olympus, etc.

Yes! How come whenever someone brings up a new country Greece is never mentioned? That would be an amazing addition and you could have Mt. Olympus and the Parthanon in the backround. Its so differant from most of the countries in WS and it has amazing food. (Plus you could probally get a pretty good greek mythology ride out of it...)

Grizzly Hall 71

Yes! How come whenever someone brings up a new country Greece is never mentioned? That would be an amazing addition and you could have Mt. Olympus and the Parthanon in the backround. Its so differant from most of the countries in WS and it has amazing food. (Plus you could probally get a pretty good greek mythology ride out of it...)

My dream Epcot had a Greece in it. It had a hercules drak ride on Pegasus and the show from the Disney Cruise.

misterID

Some of you don't want an E ticket in WS. Okay. But eventually it is going to happen. People within Disney have gone out of their way to state that EPCOT is not a niche park, like some of you want it to be. I've heard their argument. And yes, they call EPCOT a theme park. If you don't believe me ask them.

And each pavillion was meant to have a ride, some of them were even *gasp* E's.

The obsession of not wanting an E ticket in WS is very strange, especially when you're okay with a C or D. That somehow WDI would be showing a lack of imagination if they make an outstanding E. Really?... Really?

Another thing I don't get is this obsession with something surpassing the American Adventure... If you like AA nothing will top it, but I seriously doubt everyone shares your opinion(s) that it is the greatest thing in EPCOT, or WDW, or even WS. Or that its some sacred attraction that should never be topped.

Next Big Thing

EPCOT is Clearly the Adult park out of the 4 not just from a food/drinking standpoint, but also rides. EPCOT has over the years added TT, M:S, and Soarin which are all pretty thrilling rides. Soarin you could argue either way as it can be for anyone, but it still gives you a thrill. M:S, I could argue is the most thrilling of all attractions at WDW and actually fits in with EPCOTS theme quite nicely. Then you have have the Edutainment type rides in Spaceship earth, Energy, Living with the Land and the JII, where only the adults can truely appreciate what used to be. Lets also not forget all of the movies/circlevision shows around the world showcase. You have the MAelstrom which honestly is nothing special, but is a 1982 original. Then you have the Three Callballero ride in Mexico to round it out (more of a kids ride now, but adults can remember it for what it used to be). However it is a nice relaxing ride though and it isn't terrible. You also have the annual F&W fest that draws any adults to the park.

My main point being, EPCOT has become THE adult park in WDW. I realize when I talk about TT and M:S, they replaced two beloved attractions (esp. M:S), but that's not the point. Actually what I should be saying is EPCOT actually WIDENED it's audience by adding these attractions b/c they now attracted Teens and kept the adults still. Back to my point though, seeing as though EPCOT has become a more E-ticket centered park over the past 12 years or so E-ticket, I wouldn't at all be surprised if they built one in the WS.

If you were at all confused by this, it's not your fault. :ROFLOL:

PirateFrank

I like the idea of Spain, but I think there are way too many European countries already. It is time for more African countries, or South American.

I never understood this argument. WDW has an entire land devoted to africa in another park. Seriously. You could fit the entire Magic Kingdom in the acreage that is used for africa at Animal Kingdom. Moreover, there's an entire hotel themed on it, with several restaurants to boot.

To me, adding africa in the world showcase gives me a feeling of "More africa? Can you guys give us something else?"

To argue some defense on the western culture....there's no where else in the entirety of WDW that give you what England, France, Germany or Italy gives you.

Now for the other part of your post....Brazil. mmmmmmm Brazil. Give me a Brazilian or Argentinian pavilion any day of the week. I'd be all over that like stink on poo...

In a perfect world, I'd whack that stupid outpost inbetween germany and china. Right there, you have room for two pavilions....Install Brazil and Russia in that spot.

In other spots of the WS, find room for Argentina and add Greece as well. Each one of the countries I mentioned ads a distinct flavor to WDW that isn't repeated anywhere else.....

WDWFigment

I can't say I really care what country comes to World Showcase, but I'd only like to see something new come if it brought an actual attraction (even a CircleVision one) and not just dining or shopping. Dining is nice, but the shopping I don't feel is sustainable as an "attraction" in its own (as a supplement, I have no problem with it). It might've been cool in 1982, but in today's internet era, anyone can order pretty much anything from around the world via the net.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom