Monsters Inc coaster greenlit and Spain coming to world showcase?!?

Mickey is King

It would be great to see WS totally dominated by an enormous mountaintop Jesus, wouldn't it? Fun for all.

:eek::eek::eek:

I had to edit this in as a wise crack: Would Jesus condone all the WS drinking and partying? Better look out- he's watching you (the statue that is)

This was ment as a joke, don't go all serious on me on this one.

DisneyNut7578

They do have archives. But the arial photos are current (including the new Pizzaria in Italy). Although the largest plot of land is between China and Germany (were the African Outpost is), there may be some sort of safety issue with building too closely to the propane tanks and pyro storage facility located directly behind it.

Well, then that would work. They dont' even have to build a ride. Just light a match. :)

Tybee

Um Morocco? Lol.

Touche. :hammer:I should have said central and south African countries (i.e., those known for their wildlife, which is why they're so prominent in AK). I did see someone mention a desire to see Egypt in WS, and it seems like it would be a tough call with Morocco already filling the north African role. Then again, I'm sure the Imagineers would love the opportunity to craft a pavilion of pyramids, obelisks and a Sphinx, so who knows.

NX2I85

It's simple. Opinions are only valid from long time users with thousands of posts. Opinions from all others are farce.

A long time user with thousands of post can't stand to have a new person come in and present a differing opinion. They are vulnerable and sensitive to because they are only interested in one-upping someone with their knowledge/experience of Disney World. They live in a world of exaggerated self-importance and this causes insecurity. Using the troll label is the refuge of the weak and is a last resort personal attack.

Post of the day! It's like high school. The top members are seniors and the newbues are frosh. Frosh aren't allowed to say anything because that's not cool.

And oh geez if someone contridicts a top member then the world is no longer in balance. They must be crazy for having a different than opinion than me. Sigh.

Not to bash the very site I am on, but this is why I sometimes read here and seldom post. This site has decent info/rumors, but I'm not a fan of internet drama.

As for the rumors at hand, I have heard so much for so long about the MI coaster that I just can't belive it until I am actually riding it. Also, a new pavilion would be welcome in Epcot, but I do also hope that some new attraction/s can be included.

CaptainWinter

i sense some sarcasm ;)

Yes! Lots of it.

On reflection, I think any physically large addition to WS is impossible, design-wise. This goes for Mt. Fuji, the Matterhorn, Mt. Olympus, Corcovado or any other once-planned, rumored or pie-in-the-sky projects.

Imagine Mt. Fuji towering behind Japan. Then WS would look like a collection of countries at the base of Mt. Fuji, as if Japan were hosting a World's Fair. That would never work. The countries need to remain all more or less the same size.

Mrs.Toad

Well, I think the bottom line is that 20 years is a long time to not do anything or much in WS. Either adding another country or embellishing those countries that already exist. I would love to see a new addition but I can't forget that it would be nice to see rides in some of the others.

A part of me would love Spain and there are many other countries that would be excellent as well, and make it a nice even 12.

And my only concern for the countries if they wished to build something and add to what's there already,would be how they would be affected, if at all.

I would love to add, yet not take away. And sometimes for designers, builders, etc, it's not that easy.

The countries all border another and certain ones may have more space than others. We would have to pick apart each to determine how much room each one would possibly have. Also, Canada and Mexico, are a bit trickier because they only border one because they start off polar ends of WS. Mexico has a ride so nothing would likely be done there anyway. And I guess we could say that France and Morocco have that big space on either side of them so they may have extra room. But France and U.K also have the International Gateway between them and that can't be touched.

For example, I would love the Japanese train concept. Loved the old concept art. But if it meant removing some of the water and landscaping, I'm not sure how I'd feel. Mitsukoshi Dept. store and the restaurants are sprawling.

Water rafting or some other type of ride in Canada. Would they have to build over all of the landscaping and scenic paths and remove them?

And I could go on and on about each individual country but I haven't looked up satellite shots or gotten measurements and analyzed how much available room there is in each pavillion, so I will leave it at this. Something we can do on our own time and at a later date, because many people have done this already.:)

I'm just saying that if adding a ride to a certain country meant that it would mess too much with the beauty that exists I might feel differently.

Rats! I forgot to add the space at China and Germany! But if there is storage and other items back there then its probably not up for expansion like posted above.

Mrs.Toad

Oh, and I'd like the previous posters to know that I completely understand what's been happening. I went off on another thread already at the abrasive nonsense!

I came back to the site this week after having been unable to really keep up because I was busy with work. And the arguing is out of control by a very small handful of very smug posters.

Yes, troll is thrown out if you have a opinion that differs and what I've seen this week on various threads is uncalled for and unecessary and detracts from the posts. One thread took up two pages of people attacking others...with nothing enlightening being posted.

Not just those new to the thread but even Junior members and such were being attacked and then they had to, rightly so, address the nonsense, which took up more space.

Do not let them intimidate, gang up, and dissuade others from posting. That is what it looks like the objective is.

I am a member for two years and WDW enthusiast and visitor for 25 years. Attacking opinions closes off creativity and open discourse and brings nothing valuable to the table.

And it is only a few. There are many wonderful veteran members that are witty,funny, and very, TRULY knowledgable about WDW and are a pleasure to interact with and enhance the site. Usually, the attackers do this on every thread they are on and it becomes very clear, very fast who they are. Sad but true.

CaptainWinter

For example, I would love the Japanese train concept. Loved the old concept art. But if it meant removing some of the water and landscaping, I'm not sure how I'd feel. Mitsukoshi Dept. store and the restaurants are sprawling.

There's already a show building built and sitting there in Japan. I say, fill it up with an attraction.

If I recall correctly Raven said the Japan show building is currently used for storage by maintenance. Well, they can build more storage then -- much easier than they can build a new country.

Germany has a partially-built empty show building and some trailers where the rest of the show building would (could!) be.

Both these countries could be "plussed" with no space expansion except possibly for new storage. Huge, huge improvement to WS. Do it TDO.

Water rafting or some other type of ride in Canada. Would they have to build over all of the landscaping and scenic paths and remove them?

Canada already has plenty of stuff going for it IMO. UK, Morocco and Italy need some TLC first.

Mrs.Toad

That's a great point for discussion too. Which countries need something perhaps more than others if embellishments were made instead of possibly adding other countries.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
If Spain is coming, I am sure Disney is working something out with Spain to pay all or some of the cost of construction and operations. So it might be a better return on investment for Disney to add a new country than add on to existing ones without thier government support.

I think adding a new county would be my first choice at expansion, but agree that more attractions need to be add also.

raven

I'm pretty sure that WDI has a plethora of engineering drawings and diagrams to where they don't have to resort to aerial photography to figure out where to put a pavilion.

They do and yes, they have aerial photos as well. Not just of WS but of the entire WDW property.

CaptainWinter

If Spain is coming, I am sure Disney is working something out with Spain to pay all or some of the cost of construction and operations. So it might be a better return on investment for Disney to add a new country than add on to existing ones without thier government support.

Fact check. My impression is that most of the WS countries were paid for, at least in part, by corporations, e.g. Norway (a blob of Norwegian companies + SAS) and Japan (Mitsukoshi). On the other hand there was Moroccan gov't involvement in Morocco, for example.

Can someone provide some info on the WS sponsorship model?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom