Monsters Inc coaster greenlit and Spain coming to world showcase?!?

_Scar

picture.php

Because they're totally on the opposite ends of the spectrum? :shrug:

Expo_Seeker40

I too would like to see more rides in World Showcase. No doubt the full service restaurants, quick service restaurants, performances, and merchandise is great, but I would really like to see a mountain range at world showcase if money weren't an option. A Japan Pavilion with Mt. Fiji. A canada pavilion with a cavernous river rapids ride. A greece pavilion with a Mt. Olympus, etc.

wbc

Call me a selfish patriot, but why on earth would we want another WS pavilion to have an E ticket ride to outshine the American Adventure???

Tom

Beta Return
Call me a selfish patriot, but why on earth would we want another WS pavilion to have an E ticket ride to outshine the American Adventure???

In my book, they couldn't build a WS attraction that could top the American Adventure!

wbc

The USA is the host of the World Showcase after all. It is respectful to the host not to one-up them.

Kind of like all the egos on this forum that feel the need to start ing contests in order to one-up their knowledge of WDW over another member. :ROFLOL:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The USA is the host of the World Showcase after all. It is respectful to the host not to one-up them.

Kind of like all the egos on this forum that feel the need to start ing contests in order to one-up their knowledge of WDW over another member. :ROFLOL:

If they wanted to put an E ticket ride in there, they would have.....:shrug:

And host? It's a theme park, not a United Nations convention. EP needs a new pavilion. Anything new is going to "upstage" the older ones, the US included.

Testtrack321

/comes out of woodwork

USA wasn't initially in the World Showcase because of this view. They aren't the host, they are another country in it.

/sinks back into the woodwork

wbc

Anything new is going to "upstage" the older ones, the US included.

Does Maelstrom "upstage" the American Adventure?

Does Via Napoli?

Will Hacienda de San Angel?

After all, you said anything new.

It's not just a "theme park" to WDI. Thinking outside of this box is why Disney Parks are more successful than other parks. Remember it's a "permanent world's fair" presented by the American Adventure which sits in the middle would offset the image of the World Showcase. Building an E Ticket ride would be outside the scope of World Showcase. This would be taking World Showcase off on a tangent.

wbc

/comes out of woodwork

USA wasn't initially in the World Showcase because of this view. They aren't the host, they are another country in it.

/sinks back into the woodwork

And......... Epcot was initially supposed to be a city where people would actually work and live.

So what's the point of early plans?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Does Maelstrom "upstage" the American Adventure?

Does Via Napoli?

Will Hacienda de San Angel?

After all, you said anything new.

It's not just a "theme park" to WDI. Thinking outside of this box is why Disney Parks are more successful than other parks. Remember it's a "permanent world's fair" presented by the American Adventure which sits in the middle would offset the image of the World Showcase. Building an E Ticket ride would be outside the scope of World Showcase. This would be taking World Showcase off on a tangent.

Actually, what I said was this: "EP needs a new pavilion. Anything new is going to "upstage" the older ones, the US included." Anything new was a reference to a new pavilion. Try to stay in context here.....

So, by your "logic" the WS is supposed to be more than a theme park, and those involved are supposed to think outside the box. But putting an E ticket ride in there would be contradictory to the image of the WS? Even though it meant those involved would have thought outside the box by putting an introducing an E ticket ride?

I'm done feeding this troll. Someone else can have a go......

wbc

So, by your "logic" the WS is supposed to be more than a theme park, and those involved are supposed to think outside the box. But putting an E ticket ride in there would be contradictory to the image of the WS? Even though it meant those involved would have thought outside the box by putting an introducing an E ticket ride?

I'm done feeding this troll. Someone else can have a go......

Putting an E ticket ride in the WS would not be thinking outside the box, that is something anyone without any imagination would do.

I'm not a troll. I just understand the concept behind the WS. A troll is simply someone who you have a difference of opinion with. Trolls, according to this site, are people who can't feed the sensitive egos of others.

For example, people who seem to want an E TIcket ride are not trolls, but people who don't are. Please explain to me that "logic."

Oh, and here's one for the above post. I had to pull some books.

One of the most delicate tasks facing the designers of World Showcase was determining the proper way to present the host nation, the United States.
-Imagineeing Field Guide... EPCOT

Disneyson 1

Why not improve The American Adventure and add to it's now anticlimactic finale, THEN add a few good rides to the countries? Then is everyone happy?

Biff215

If they wanted to put an E ticket ride in there, they would have.....:shrug:

And host? It's a theme park, not a United Nations convention. EP needs a new pavilion. Anything new is going to "upstage" the older ones, the US included.

Not that I agree with the whole "can't upstage the U.S." thing, but the monorail spiel does directly refer to the American Adventure as the "host country".

Like everyone has said, it doesn't mean they can't build a new country with a great attraction. AA is very unique and would still be a favorite no matter what.

wbc

Not that I agree with the whole "can't upstage the U.S." thing, but the monorail spiel does directly refer to the American Adventure as the "host country".

Like everyone has said, it doesn't mean they can't build a new country with a great attraction. AA is very unique and would still be a favorite no matter what.

Exactly, which is why I am always a proponent for the construction of multiple D-B ticket attractions in the WS rather than an E ticket attraction.

I believe that WDI also felt the same, or there wouldn't have been plans for the Rhine River Cruise in Germany or the High Speed Train ride in Japan. I truly believe that had the early 80s recession been avoided, that these attractions would be there.

Grizzly Hall 71

Putting an E ticket ride in the WS would not be thinking outside the box, that is something anyone without any imagination would do.

I'm not a troll. I just understand the concept behind the WS. A troll is simply someone who you have a difference of opinion with. Trolls, according to this site, are people who can't feed the sensitive egos of others.

For example, people who seem to want an E TIcket ride are not trolls, but people who don't are. Please explain to me that "logic."

Oh, and here's one for the above post. I had to pull some books.

I agree I would like to know also since I've been called one.

wbc

I agree I would like to know also since I've been called one.

It's simple. Opinions are only valid from long time users with thousands of posts. Opinions from all others are farce.

A long time user with thousands of post can't stand to have a new person come in and present a differing opinion. They are vulnerable and sensitive to because they are only interested in one-upping someone with their knowledge/experience of Disney World. They live in a world of exaggerated self-importance and this causes insecurity. Using the troll label is the refuge of the weak and is a last resort personal attack.

Admiral01

Premium Member
EPCOT, in my personal opionion, is more than "just a theme park." EPCOT is the most unique, inventive, and inspirational park anywhere in the world. It has no equal anywhere. It represents a positive future and world cooperation, something that I think we need to see now more than ever. It's purpose IS to be more of a UN than "just a theme park." This is why Future World is dedicated to showcasing future innovation and technologies: communication, technology, agriculture, transportation, energy, space exploration, sea exploration, and our never ending imagination. This is why World Showcase has the arrangement it does. Canada and Mexico, our neighbors, at its edges, welcoming each guest to this unique park. The United States at the center, hosting and informing guests of our history. Three of our World War II enemies, Germany, Japan, and Italy, now three of our greatest allies, flanking the US pavillion on both sides, not in war but in a show of peace and cooperation. Morocco, a nation of very different culture and religeon, which we need to understand more now than ever. It sits happily next to France, which sits peacefully across from their long time adversary,the United Kingdom. China, our misunderstood "modern adversary" sits beside Norway, a land of explorers who were the first to venture to our continent. Each country, staffed by natives of their respective lands, in college and outreach programs that allow them to learn about America, but more importantly, teach Americans about their countries and cultures.

It sounds dramatic, but the Imagineers who designed and developed EPCOT Center knew this place was to be like no other park, and would never have an equal. Any addition to World Showcase would be welcomed. It would help the citizens of this nation, and others who visit our shores expand their knowledge and understanding of the world. I hope that I am not the only person who walks into EPCOT and feels inspired and hopeful for the future. EPCOT is the reason Walt Disney World exists. Without that dream, Walt Disney would never have envisioned the Florida Project, would never have built the Magic Kingdom, and following his death, would never have lead to his Imagineers turning his deam of a futuristic city into the park we call EPCOT today. I've been around the world but still come back to EPCOT each year. I will for as long as I am able, because it represents the kind of future and cooperation that we should all strive for.

Rant over.
By the way, get Nemo out of the Seas.

Grizzly Hall 71

EPCOT, in my personal opionion, is more than "just a theme park." EPCOT is the most unique, inventive, and inspirational park anywhere in the world. It has no equal anywhere. It represents a positive future and world cooperation, something that I think we need to see now more than ever. It's purpose IS to be more of a UN than "just a theme park." This is why Future World is dedicated to showcasing future innovation and technologies: communication, technology, agriculture, transportation, energy, space exploration, sea exploration, and our never ending imagination. This is why World Showcase has the arrangement it does. Canada and Mexico, our neighbors, at its edges, welcoming each guest to this unique park. The United States at the center, hosting and informing guests of our history. Three of our World War II enemies, Germany, Japan, and Italy, now three of our greatest allies, flanking the US pavillion on both sides, not in war but in a show of peace and cooperation. Morocco, a nation of very different culture and religeon, which we need to understand more now than ever. It sits happily next to France, which sits peacefully across from their long time adversary,the United Kingdom. China, our misunderstood "modern adversary" sits beside Norway, a land of explorers who were the first to venture to our continent. Each country, staffed by natives of their respective lands, in college and outreach programs that allow them to learn about America, but more importantly, teach Americans about their countries and cultures.

It sounds dramatic, but the Imagineers who designed and developed EPCOT Center knew this place was to be like no other park, and would never have an equal. Any addition to World Showcase would be welcomed. It would help the citizens of this nation, and others who visit our shores expand their knowledge and understanding of the world. I hope that I am not the only person who walks into EPCOT and feels inspired and hopeful for the future. EPCOT is the reason Walt Disney World exists. Without that dream, Walt Disney would never have envisioned the Florida Project, would never have built the Magic Kingdom, and following his death, would never have lead to his Imagineers turning his deam of a futuristic city into the park we call EPCOT today. I've been around the world but still come back to EPCOT each year. I will for as long as I am able, because it represents the kind of future and cooperation that we should all strive for.

Rant over.
By the way, get Nemo out of the Seas.

I didn't read your post yet but I agree with your last sentence 1,000,000,000,000,000%

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom