Monsters Inc coaster greenlit and Spain coming to world showcase?!?

_Scar

I'd love to see a Mary Poppins ride in the UK area. Just retheme the back area to Cherry Tree Lane and make a decent sized building and BAM- you got yourself an awesome ride that doesn't rely on fan-favorites, but a tride and true WALT classic. Or even Alice.

Enchantâmes

Wild speculation or not, Spain would be a good add (they're serving sangria at Via Napoli...obviously a test run :rolleyes:). But another western European country just highlights the huge portions of the globe completely unrepresented at WDW. The absence of African and south Asian countries is mitigated by their strong representation at Animal Kingdom. But what about South America and Oceania (Australia and New Zealand)? And obviously, with Epcot being built during the height of the Cold War, Russia was going to get the cold shoulder, but would be neat to see them now.
Um Morocco? Lol.

aladdin2007

If they were ever to officially announce a new country and a wall went up with tractors behind it I think I would faint.....would be a good faint lol but would shock the heck out of me. The on again off again Spain seems to pop up about every 10 years or so. Would be a beautiful addition but like raven said, its not the one being looked at.

BrerFrog

I like the idea of Spain, but I think there are way too many European countries already. It is time for more African countries, or South American.

_Scar

Sorry to be culturally insensitive, but won't Spain be just like the Mexico pavillion and maybe even like the Italy pavillion? Why not Egypt? Australia? South Africa?!

Enchantâmes

Sorry to be culturally insensitive, but won't Spain be just like the Mexico pavillion and maybe even like the Italy pavillion? Why not Egypt? Australia? South Africa?!
Mexico, Italy, and Spain are nothing like each other I'll have you know. Do you think that France, the UK, and USA are the same?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Mexico, Italy, and Spain are nothing like each other I'll have you know. Do you think that France, the UK, and USA are the same?

I think it was more a reference to Western culture, not the individual countries/peoples themselves...

_Scar

It's not like they're extremely different. I look at both and think quaint and charming.

Now, comparing say Morocco and France.... theyre completely different in almost every way.

HamTown

There are very strong rumors that Busch Gardens Europe is adding Spain as a new "land" within the next year or so. While I'm sure the rumor mentioned in this article was lifted from this site or others, it's possible that a vendor has a ride or some themed artwork for BGE that was interpreted incorrectly for Epcot.

Thrill

:lol:

He probably read it here. Let's all start a thread saying "Coming next: KAZAKHSTAN!" See how long it takes to show up in the papers.

Yeah, but that would be less credible. We would need to make it on multiple sites before it shows up in the papers. At least Spain has some credibility due to the signs in Epcot. :ROFLOL:

498c3430.png

That's practically an E-ticket right there.

Seriously, though, WS doesn't need any more countries. It needs attractions in all its existing attractionless countries: J, G, I, M, UK. Let's beat the drum for those, starting with Japan and Germany.

I agree. I'd like to see the pavilions that already exist live up to their potential as far as attractions go before they add more countries, which are only going to end up without attractions as well. After they add attractions to all of the countries, they can start adding more.

wbc

aerial photographs were being taken of World Showcase to see what space was available for an unnamed country

Like mentioned earlier:

I'm pretty sure that WDI has a plethora of engineering drawings and diagrams to where they don't have to resort to aerial photography to figure out where to put a pavilion

Like mentioned earlier:

Better to put something in the empty buildings of Germany or Japan than build a new pavilion. It's amazing what some TLC can do. I imagine Italy will be much busier just with that restaurant. IMO, it is the most lacking pavilion of the WS.

The only positive aspect of a brand new pavilion, in a business stance, is marketing. COME SEE THE NEW SPAIN PAVILION sounds better than COME SEE SOME NEW STUFF IN ALREADY EXISTING PLACES YOU'VE BEEN TO BEFORE. However, the extent of that being worth the money.... I just don't see it.

I mean, what Disney Characters can they plant in Spain? We know they have to do that nowdays.

mp2bill

I'm not sure how I feel about Spain being a possible new WS country. I know they're nothing alike, but I feel like there would be a Spanish overload with both Mexico and Spain. I'd rather see Russia with a mini Red Square or something like that.

P.S. - I have no Russian heritage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom