Monsters Inc coaster greenlit and Spain coming to world showcase?!?

TREVON 2.0

Spain or Brazil?!?!?

All I hear is "It's gonna be Brazil" or "It's gonna be Spain"...WHAT IS IT ALREADY??? :dazzle::dazzle::dazzle::dazzle::dazzle::dazzle:

Crazy Harry

If you look at the satellite photo of EPCOT there is hardly room for 7-8 new countries without some kind of buffer in between countries. However, there is certainly a large plot big enough for a new country between China and Germany behind where the current Australia mini-country is. EPCOT has always been my favorite park and I would love to see WDW finally expand on the World Showcase other than restaurants, all though I do like the new dining options too. As far as this article stating that an inside source claims that a new country will be added between France and Morocco, I would think that it is more likely that they would use the plot between Germany and China seeing as it twice the size of the plot next to France. I think that Greece would be a good option too and I hate the Russians, but they do have a rich history that could make a good Showcase as well. I could see a mini Red Square with The Kremlin and an interactive Lenin's Tomb, call it Commie Talk with Vladimir. Just kidding. Anyway I hope this come to fruition. If you look at the Google Satellite view of EPCOT this all makes a lot more sense.

I think it is funny that two people can look at the same thing and see something completely different, because I easily see room for about 7 countries when looking at an aerial view :shrug::lol:

Wickedfan07 has a good picture illustrating where those countries would fit. Of course, it all depends upon the scope you are talking about, but when you compare existing countries to the available space, and amount of space between certain countries, 7 is defintley possible. Consider also that if you have an indoor pavilion like Mexico, the front/entrance could be smaller than the show building which could be covered with trees and give the appearance of a larger "buffer".

However, if you look at Norway and China, I don't think there is much of a buffer there. And I think also that so many countries appear to have buffers because there are so many available "pads" still left.

With the assistance of wickedfan07's picture, it looks as thought there is a pad about the size of Norway between Norway and Mexico, the outpost could be one big country or two smaller ones about the size of Germany, Italy, or France. There are also spots about the same size between Germany/Italy, Japan/Morocco, and Morocco/France. There is also the International Gateway which I imagine could be converted into another country pavilion as well unless it is desired to remain neutral.

Also, I was not aware of an Australian area in WS, I thought that was the African Outpost where the Equatoral African pavilion was originally meant to be built.

jabay

I just think that 7-8 countries in very unrealistic that is all and this story that this post was referencing seemed like somebody just made it up rather than having real 'insider info'. Also, your correct it is an 'African Outpost', shows how much I pay attention.

aladdin2007

There is room for 7 more pavilions, heres the outline. 3 acres of land available to each pavilion.

1. between Mexico and Norway
2. behind the african outpost
3. between the african outpost and Germany
4. between Germany and Italy
5. between Japan and Morocco
6. between Morocco and France
7. where the world showplace tent is now

WDWFREAK53

There is room for 7 more pavilions, heres the outline. 3 acres of land available to each pavilion.

1. between Mexico and Norway
2. behind the african outpost
3. between the african outpost and Germany
4. between Germany and Italy
5. between Japan and Morocco
6. between Morocco and France
7. where the world showplace tent is now

I thought the spot between Mexico and China was taken up by Norway... I could be wrong but it seems that Morocco and Norway have already taken up the slots between the original countries.

aladdin2007

I thought the spot between Mexico and China was taken up by Norway... I could be wrong but it seems that Morocco and Norway have already taken up the slots between the original countries.

There is another slot between Mexico and Norway. Its just hard to tell sometimes when your there because of all the trees and what not. However when your over by France and looking across the lagoon, you can then easily tell theres a future pad there.

Morocco has room on both sides of it for a pavilion. It basically goes Japan, FUTURE, Morocco, FUTURE, France. :wave:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Showcase expansion (Italy has now mostly gone)

attachment.php

aladdin2007

Yep Italy will never see that gondola ride now or any other, unless they went haywire and used the future pavilion pad next to Italy. Germany still has hope though, in our dreams for now.

RunnerEd

Yep Italy will never see that gondola ride now or any other, unless they went haywire and used the future pavilion pad next to Italy. Germany still has hope though, in our dreams for now.

When they built the new restaurant Italy, that closed off the back of the pavillion to any future expansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom