News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

JohnD

Sounds like Muppets needs to stay where it is and Tom Sawyer and the river do too. Send Cars to Animation Courtyard or anywhere else. You’re welcome, Disney. 😀
Or put Monsters in Animation Courtyard. If Cars is retained in Frontierland, fill in the lower island area while keeping the upper island area and move boarding for Liberty Belle just past HM. The purple border could be Villians land. Photo edit credit to @Conor.Nam15 (I modified it slightly to fill in the walkway).

IMG_0734.jpeg

Last edited:

Sneaky

Probably. Is there talk about just moving muppet vision the show and not creating a new one but just straight up moving it? There's plenty 3d theaters around wdw it could move into.
Moth said to “look out for it” but nothing concrete. Magic eye im guessing is the best landing spot. Didn’t they have plans for that at one point? (Do NOT go hounding moth about this though).

Last edited:

doctornick

That area is cast member parking. That entire area is wide open. Granted this photo was from one day. But it gives you an idea. Just so I'm clear, I don't want the removal of Muppets any more than anybody else. If Monsters built in that area, can they build into the parking lot while keeping Muppets?

See for me, it's less about keeping MuppetVision (though sure I'd prefer to keep it than not) as opposed to having the appropriate number of attractions and making the park better.

IMHO, I'm fine with MuppetVision going away if they were to use that theater for a Monsters show in addition to the door Coaster (thus actually increasing the number of attractions in the park).

Even better would be if they leave the Muppet area generally intact and just bulldoze Mama Mia and build all of Monstropolis on current parking. That would be an ideal though it would make it a dead end which exacerbates that problem of the park.

Parker41056

Or put Monsters in Animation Courtyard. If Cars is retained in Frontierland, fill in the lower island area while keeping the upper island area and move boarding for Liberty Belle just past HM. The purple border could be Villians land. Photo edit credit to another poster here from the Cars thread (I modified it slightly to fill in the walkway). If you're here, please chime in.

View attachment 809265
This is a very interesting concept.

doctornick

Okay, as I though. Honestly, my feeling there has always been to build a large CM garage on the "suitable" land on the other side of World Drive and do a walkway over the road to the backstage part of the park on the west side. That frees up both the cast parking on the south plus the parking "inside" the park (around the Animation building) to actually be used as footprints for onstage guest purposes.

azox

Hello All!

I was looking at the coaster layout, the loading of the train is on the top level and the unloading is below that. Since there is no return track between the two levels, I am wondering what type of mechanism they will use to bring the coaster trains back up to the top level for loading. It would be cool if they had a way to have the coaster come up through the floor for you to board. I am wondering of the tracks will rotate along that M structure somehow.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this based on what was displayed in the concept art?

Too much bad news at once would have been a more significant issue perhaps?

Plus they would've released something immediately if the intent wasn't to put this in Muppet Courtyard to squash the negative press being generated by the uncertainty.

Now I'm worried they just silently close MV3D for "refurbishment" and never reopen instead of announcing the change now to avoid the months of negative press they'll get when they officially announce it. Cut that negative news cycle for this down considerably. Guess it depends on when they file permits.

At this point I think MV3D has a better chance of survival with the chance they end up cutting the MI project altogether instead of it getting moved to AC.

easyrowrdw

Or put Monsters in Animation Courtyard. If Cars is retained in Frontierland, fill in the lower island area while keeping the upper island area and move boarding for Liberty Belle just past HM. The purple border could be Villians land. Photo edit credit to another poster here from the Cars thread (I modified it slightly to fill in the walkway). If you're here, please chime in.

View attachment 809265
I'm fundamentally opposed to Cars in Frontierland. I think it absolutely doesn't belong, regardless of how many pretty trees and fake mountains they put around it. But if they're going to do it, I would much rather they use the back of the river, not the front.

JohnD

They need to maintain a connection between Seven Seas Lagoon and other waterways in the park. Some of that connection is underground now. I presume some more of that connection will move underground, now. But, not all.
True but from that angle it appears to be the water immediately adjacent to BTMRR. The connection to the canal (where Electrical Water Pageant is docked) is on the other side of the RR tracks.

Cars-Land-Magic-Kingdom_Full_57250.png

Parker41056

The artwork that Disney introduced still shows water to the side of BTMRR.
This concept would actually feature more of ROA and could be a great buffer to Villains. One BIG point in all of this that is not being talked about enough is the pathway and congestion problem that will be caused by Villains. Park management knew and recognized a problem with the ROA basin and requested some help and even as much as removal. There just has to be a path from Big Thunder to this new area. This artwork allows the addition of Cars, eliminates the basins problem and creates ample paths to Villains. Oh, and you get to keep a large portion of ROA just not sure the riverboat will still fit in but If I squint I could envision.

JohnD

This concept would actually feature more of ROA and could be a great buffer to Villains. One BIG point in all of this that is not being talked about enough is the pathway and congestion problem that will be caused by Villains. Park management knew and recognized a problem with the ROA basin and requested some help and even as much as removal. There just has to be a path from Big Thunder to this new area. This artwork allows the addition of Cars, eliminates the basins problem and creates ample paths to Villains. Oh, and you get to keep a large portion of ROA just not sure the riverboat will still fit in but If I squint I could envision.
Not to get too carried away discussing Cars--This is just to tie in everything with Monster, Inc. on how Cars could stay, Monsters, Inc. goes to AC, and Muppets remains--I suggested a possible location for Liberty Belle is Fantasmic. But I'm told that area is too small to fit it. But then there's the discussion of Zootopia. If Monsters, Inc. goes to AC, is Muppets really on borrowed time and it's removal is guaranteed anyway?

ToTBellHop

Not to get too carried away discussing Cars--This is just to tie in everything with Monster, Inc. on how Cars could stay, Monsters, Inc. goes to AC, and Muppets remains--I suggested a possible location for Liberty Belle is Fantasmic. But I'm told that area is too small to fit it.
Looking increasingly likely that the Belle gets scrapped, I’m sorry to say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom