News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Surferboy567

Was thinking this, too. AC might upset a few toddler moms and dads, but their kids would age-out quickly so it would be short-lived.

I do think the online response will give the necessary nudge to move the Muppets to HoP when it closes in November, though. It’s an easy fix to two problems from two large populations (angry Muppet fans and the half of their guests that hate every version of HoP they make).
Yeah, but then what do you do with all the crazy political discourse that comes out of such an announcement. I just had a text message exchange with one of my family friends who was worried about HOP. I don’t go in there that much so it’s not a showstopper for me but I get it. Their are people out there that probably would be upset, and I’m not sure Disney needs that now.

lazyboy97o

It’s not really typical though to announce what’s something replacing though right? The only time I ever remember them doing this was with Guardians, Great Movie Ride, and now Cars. Usually they just close the thing with little to no hoopla.
Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. Tropical Americas. Festival Center. Journey of Water. New Fantasyland.

The Studio Backlot Tour and Streets of America were closed before Toy Story Land and Galaxy’s Edge were then announced for that space.

The Leader of the Club

Yeah, but then what do you do with all the crazy political discourse that comes out of such an announcement. I just had a text message exchange with one of my family friends who was worried about HOP. I don’t go in there that much so it’s not a showstopper for me but I get it. Their are people out there that probably would be upset, and I’m not sure Disney needs that now.
Someone is going to be upset no matter what. The people who would be upset by HOP leaving are the same people who are upset about Splash or Rivers of America. It’s not really any worse for Disney

Sectorkeeper71

Well we quickly heard officially about Cars replacing TSI and RoA.
To play devils advocate a bit here: they filed permits for the lay down yards and such the same day they announced that plan, so part of it may have been getting out in front of the news because the folks who scrutinize permits in the community would’ve been all over that pretty soon after filing.

With this project, no permits have been filed and they’ve been vague on a timeline of when construction will start besides “2025”, and they’ll need to do less prep work I’d imagine before they start knocking buildings down

Sneaky

Was thinking this, too. AC might upset a few toddler moms and dads, but their kids would age-out quickly so it would be short-lived.

I do think the online response will give the necessary nudge to move the Muppets to HoP when it closes in November, though. It’s an easy fix to two problems from two large populations (angry Muppet fans and the half of their guests that hate every version of HoP they make).
Their inbetween a rock An a hard place rn imo. If they announce muppetvision is closing, it angers people and adds another controversy. If they announce muppets going into HOP, it makes a large portion of the main the ROA and TSI crowd even angrier, and creates huge political discourse. They can’t win on this at all. And I think they might on know it.

ToTBellHop

How much office space is built with a park and new attraction is always a battle. It doesn’t generate direct revenue so the drive is always to make it as small as possible.

It’s part of the vicious cycle that hinders investment in the first place. The project needs to pay for the relocation, so it needs to be a big enough draw to generate that revenue, which is going to cost more, so it needs to draw more.

The park is also at a bit of a capacity wall. It can’t be expanded because it hasn’t been expanded. The park cannot support another major draw.
Excellent point. They do really need this back corner of the park to draw more guests before expanding elsewhere. MI’s long lines could also drive up attendance at Star Tours, which frequently doesn’t pull its weight (as much as I enjoy it being the one ride with reliably reasonable wait times.

Sneaky

Their inbetween a rock An a hard place rn imo. If they announce muppetvision is closing, it angers people and adds another controversy. If they announce muppets going into HOP, it makes a large portion of the main the ROA and TSI crowd even angrier, and creates huge political discourse. They can’t win on this at all. And I think they might on know it.
all these announcements of new things: villains and monsters are things fans have wanted for years. Their locations are where upper management want them to go. In an attempt to please everyone, they pleased nobody.

ToTBellHop

I agree. People will be angry. That’s why I’d make a single announcement that MV closes with Muppets moving to HoP. Get the anger out of the way but at least placate the Muppet fans a bit.

akileese

HOP's guest satisfaction is so low that it's one of the few attractions that I cannot imagine someone arguing for in good faith. I could care less about HOP. I appreciate ROA, but for me losing ROA/TSI is the loss of a quiet and relaxed place in a park that is quickly becoming devoid of them. If you replaced HOP with Muppet American History or something like that, it would genuinely be pretty solid increase in capacity.

Sneaky

HOP's guest satisfaction is so low that it's one of the few attractions that I cannot imagine someone arguing for in good faith. I could care less about HOP. I appreciate ROA, but for me losing ROA/TSI is the loss of a quiet and relaxed place in a park that is quickly becoming devoid of them. If you replaced HOP with Muppet American History or something like that, it would genuinely be pretty solid increase in capacity.
I would agree usually, but announcing it right after closing of ROA….
Poor timing. I’m all for it, but still.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
To play devils advocate a bit here: they filed permits for the lay down yards and such the same day they announced that plan, so part of it may have been getting out in front of the news because the folks who scrutinize permits in the community would’ve been all over that pretty soon after filing.

With this project, no permits have been filed and they’ve been vague on a timeline of when construction will start besides “2025”, and they’ll need to do less prep work I’d imagine before they start knocking buildings down
Yep valid argument. But I still feel that coming out and saying it replaces Launch Bay is such an easy thing to do, regardless of permitting and timelines.

pdude81

All I see is like 4 parking spots behind MV that would definitely leave and then a vast expanse of guest parking that they added last decade and are unlikely to now remove.
Do they really need that parking now with the addition of the Skyliner? I feel like the DHS lots near the bus stop are always half empty. And IMO the parking area to the south is a useful spot for future expansion.

I'd prefer they start the AC rework with Monsters as a phase 1 and Metroville added later, all connecting back to Sunset Blvd in possibly two different spots. (RNRC and Showbiz blvd).

Then maybe down the line they look at something big in Muppets courtyard or replacing LMRA with Little Rodentia. I can't wait to spend $7 on a pawpsicle.

editing to add:

and in my version of this I'd leave most of AC as it stands now, and just go from launch bay to backstage. This leaves mermaid and Disney Junior alone for the time being.

The Leader of the Club

I would agree usually, but announcing it right after closing of ROA….
Poor timing. I’m all for it, but still.
If they’d gotten rid of Hall of Presidents from 2010-2014 there would not have been any backlash. The past decade has just been so divisive both politically and with Disney’s decisions. People already have their knives out and are ready to be upset.

Purduevian

Do they really need that parking now with the addition of the Skyliner? I feel like the DHS lots near the bus stop are always half empty. And IMO the parking area to the south is a useful spot for future expansion.

I'd prefer they start the AC rework with Monsters as a phase 1 and Metroville added later, all connecting back to Sunset Blvd in possibly two different spots. (RNRC and Showbiz blvd).

Then maybe down the line they look at something big in Muppets courtyard or replacing LMRA with Little Rodentia. I can't wait to spend $7 on a pawpsicle.

editing to add:

and in my version of this I'd leave most of AC as it stands now, and just go from launch bay to backstage. This leaves mermaid and Disney Junior alone for the time being.
It not like there isn't room to expand the parking lot...
1723646810265.png

Sneaky

Maybe the “discussion” behind the scenes could be actually happening right now. Would explain the conflicting info people are getting.
Question for everyone: would you accept muppetvision staying if it eventually gets a “country bear musical jamboree” esque update? Or would you rather it just close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom