News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

For everyone saying why can’t Disney just build the new Monsters Inc land on a parking lot so that muppets gets saved it’s not that easy. The parking will have to be replaced and doing so requires building on wetland crossover areas. Doing that would require lots new permits dealing with wetland development. It is far easier and beneficial to the park to build over an area that is underutilized. So if it’s AC or Avenue that’s where it’s going.

wdw71fan

They need to fix the parks they have first. and by "fix" I mean "expand" as opposed to "replace things".

I would argue that Magic Kingdom's only need for fixing is in tomorrowland (Stitch/get rid of laugh floor)

Epcot needs Journey re-done

AK has a Dino-plan

Studios -tearing out a in use area like muppets is stupid.. Tear out the launch bay and relocate offices.. Done.

doctornick

If they want to put something new in DHS, the first most important place to build anything - without removing anything - should be here:

1723652698654.png

Period. Build there. If it's not ready to build on, don't build anything until it is ready. If you need something quicker, then spend more money and build there more quickly. And put multiple rides there.

You know what the park cannot afford? To lose anything currently running.

doctornick

I would argue that Magic Kingdom's only need for fixing is in tomorrowland (Stitch/get rid of laugh floor)

Epcot needs Journey re-done

AK has a Dino-plan

Studios -tearing out a in use area like muppets is stupid.. Tear out the launch bay and relocate offices.. Done.

Sure, though I would say more:

For Epcot, add rides to some of WS pavilions (Germany, Italy, Japan, UK, etc) as well as put something in WoL.

For DAK, you need to add capacity elsewhere (another ride in Africa and/or Pandora) plus bring back a night show

For DHS, you should have a day parade in addition to ripping out the old Animation building and building backstage. Wouldn't hurt to add another ride somewhere else that is not currently used (e.g. third ride in Galaxy's Edge). Once you've built on the Animation building footprint then tear out the stunt show and put a large land expansion there including part of parking. Notice how I didn't mention anything about the Muppets area?

MK, I would agree that putting something in Stitch should be the priority. I'd also build on the Adventureland pad before doing this Frontierland "expansion" (which involves a ton of removal of existing stuff)

Is all of this expensive? Hell yes. But you need all of this expensive work to be done to actually make the parks more tolerable because you have ignored them and underbuilt them and wasted crapload of money on replacements when there needed to be expansions.

SirLink

Was thinking this, too. AC might upset a few toddler moms and dads, but their kids would age-out quickly so it would be short-lived.

I do think the online response will give the necessary nudge to move the Muppets to HoP when it closes in November, though. It’s an easy fix to two problems from two large populations (angry Muppet fans and the half of their guests that hate every version of HoP they make).
I think if they were to get rid of HoP I can see the headlines already: "Disney Parks hate America", "Disney ashamed of America", etc. It would also being them back into the cross hairs again.

If they want to build it do a Disneyland tradition build on a car park.

Lilofan

If they’d gotten rid of Hall of Presidents from 2010-2014 there would not have been any backlash. The past decade has just been so divisive both politically and with Disney’s decisions. People already have their knives out and are ready to be upset.
Some light the fire , smile and enjoy the conflict since many gullible line up and drink that Kool Aid that is being peddled.

SirLink

Question for everyone: would you accept muppetvision staying if it eventually gets a “country bear musical jamboree” esque update? Or would you rather it just close.

Only if 3 things happen 1) Frank Oz and Brian Henson co-direct any new show 2)They actually find a new Rizzo the rat performer instead of using Pepe and 3)They don't make them sentimental sweet like what Disney has previously done with them.

JohnD

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

Let's say Monsters goes to AC. As I asked earlier, is Muppets on borrowed time anyway? Would Zootopia be considered for MC instead and Muppets is still removed?
I bet is yes its on borrowed time but you know how long it takes them to make decisions and actually do something. I'd imagine we get another 5 years at minimum before anything is placed there.

The Leader of the Club

Let's say Monsters goes to AC. As I asked earlier, is Muppets on borrowed time anyway? Would Zootopia be considered for MC instead and Muppets is still removed?
My HOPE (which is unlikely I know) is that this outpouring of love is enough for them to fully commit to the Muppets…adding a dark ride that would sit in the proposed Door Coaster plot.

doctornick

Probably is on borrowed time. But it shouldn't be really. There's other/better ways to "fix" the park than having to remove the one continuously running show (which is indoors and with AC) in the park.

Again, I'm not a person who thinks MuppetVision is sacrosanct and can't be closed - though if there goal is to keep Muppets somewhere in WDW then I wouldn't trust them to improve on it - but I don't see how it makes any sense in this park in this current state to close MuppetVision until you after have multiple new attractions built there to increase capacity first.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom