News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Unbanshee

To play devils advocate a bit here: they filed permits for the lay down yards and such the same day they announced that plan, so part of it may have been getting out in front of the news because the folks who scrutinize permits in the community would’ve been all over that pretty soon after filing.

With this project, no permits have been filed and they’ve been vague on a timeline of when construction will start besides “2025”, and they’ll need to do less prep work I’d imagine before they start knocking buildings down

Nothing in the permit suggests that Rivers of America or Tom Sawyer Island is being replaced though

easyrowrdw

Their inbetween a rock An a hard place rn imo. If they announce muppetvision is closing, it angers people and adds another controversy. If they announce muppets going into HOP, it makes a large portion of the main the ROA and TSI crowd even angrier, and creates huge political discourse. They can’t win on this at all. And I think they might on know it.
Sounds like Muppets needs to stay where it is and Tom Sawyer and the river do too. Send Cars to Animation Courtyard or anywhere else. You’re welcome, Disney. 😀

But truthfully, I don't see why that wouldn't be better than what they have proposed and seem to be proposing.

Last edited:

wdw71fan

Simple solution to all of these 'don't tear down my favorite attractions' with regards to Cars/Villains/Monsters...

Combine them all, sprinkle in more, and build the 5th park.

Easy...

Purduevian

They’d do that to save a 3D show more than 30 years old? I think we overestimate how much they want to keep MV. I think they place it in the “it’s better than nothing” bucket. It’s not a headliner show like Festival of the Lion King.
My point was that I don't think losing parking capacity is a big hinderance to expanding into the parking lot right next to the park.

No idea if this helps or hurts MV3D, but I can't imagine parking spots is a big consideration in the decision.

Sneaky

It’s harder with MV3D because it’s Jim Henson, Frank oz, Richard hunt, ect. Harder to add on with the voices. Also, muppetvision is designed to have a specific flow story wise, so adding onto it would possibly truncate it a bit.
This needs a Philharmagic update rather than CBMJ. Add a segment or two to keep it fresh, while keeping all the original dialogue and jokes.

JohnD

All I see is like 4 parking spots behind MV that would definitely leave and then a vast expanse of guest parking that they added last decade and are unlikely to now remove.
That area is cast member parking. That entire area is wide open. Granted this photo was from one day. But it gives you an idea. Just so I'm clear, I don't want the removal of Muppets any more than anybody else. If Monsters built in that area, can they build into the parking lot while keeping Muppets?

Unbanshee

Well they are using all of the expansion area as lay down so all that leaves is RoA up to the train track.

I don't know. If I'm reading that permit without any knowledge that TSI/Rivers is closing right away, I'm thinking that riverfront laydown is staging while backstage (west) laydown is being developed, then moving laydown over to backstage laydown to develop riverfront laydown.

Perhaps that's overthinking it though

Edit: I guess the construction boundary including Rivers is pretty damning though. Carry on

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom