News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Purduevian

Hello All!

I was looking at the coaster layout, the loading of the train is on the top level and the unloading is below that. Since there is no return track between the two levels, I am wondering what type of mechanism they will use to bring the coaster trains back up to the top level for loading. It would be cool if they had a way to have the coaster come up through the floor for you to board. I am wondering of the tracks will rotate along that M structure somehow.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this based on what was displayed in the concept art?
Rumor is that the load is also on the bottom and elevators lift the coaster train full of guests up to the top. There are 4 elevators.

Sneaky

Did you see Great Moments in History? I loved it (but one show was better than the other)!
I know, and that’s what gives me hope. Even though it’s inevitable, god I am going to miss muppetvision 3D. It’s like how I feel about CBMJ. I still like it, but it hits differently than the og, which I will forever miss. No replacing it. I am happy wdi cares about the muppets tho.

ctrlaltdel

What do we think re: capacity? Vekoma's Family Suspended model has 650 per hour capacity (assuming 2 train ops at 20 seats per train). This looks like it will have 2 dual loading stations (only one track through the attraction though). That being said with enough block breaks you probably could send trains out into the track at 30 second intervals with the 4 loading stations. May be enough to get to 2,000/hr?

Sneaky

I know, and that’s what gives me hope. Even though it’s inevitable, god I am going to miss muppetvision 3D. It’s like how I feel about CBMJ. I still like it, but it hits differently than the og, which I will forever miss. No replacing it. I am happy wdi cares about the muppets tho.
I guess how I would describe how I feel about a new muppet show vs MV3D.(and country bears to an extent). Sure a new car would have all the bells and whistles, top notch technology, and could even potentially be better than the old one, but you’ve become so accustomed to and love that old car so much, you’d prefer it to any new car no matter how outdated, beat up, and impractical it may get as the years go on. Yknow?

Surferboy567

What do we think re: capacity? Vekoma's Family Suspended model has 650 per hour capacity (assuming 2 train ops at 20 seats per train). This looks like it will have 2 dual loading stations (only one track through the attraction though). That being said with enough block breaks you probably could send trains out into the track at 30 second intervals with the 4 loading stations. May be enough to get to 2,000/hr?
I’m hoping it’s a massive coaster, the door vault is pretty sizable in the movie. Also, would the lights be on? They are in the movie. Are we gonna have AA’s?

Monsters really lends itself very well to this kinda thing. I’ve wanted this for years.

Indy_UK

Why oh why would the drop it in uppers courtyard which does suck in guests with the show when they have plenty of other dead areas of the park it could go and actually increase park capacity

Purduevian

I'm going to guess pretty high. The only coaster I can think of that kinda has 4 load stations is Space mountain. Those trains only hold 6 people each.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think the goal is something around 1700

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Why oh why would the drop it in uppers courtyard which does suck in guests with the show when they have plenty of other dead areas of the park it could go and actually increase park capacity
There are quite a few reasons that Muppets Courtyard is attractive to Disney for Monsters.

1. The area currently brings in no revenue from Lighting Lane Single, and is not likely a factor for purchases of LL Multi.
2. The area brings in next to no revenue from merchandise sales.
3. Existing restaurant infrastructure reduces costs for new restaurant.
4. The backstage area requires very little change to accommodate the coaster.
5. There are other future plans for Animation Courtyard.

Jrb1979

There are quite a few reasons that Muppets Courtyard is attractive to Disney for Monsters.

1. The area currently brings in no revenue from Lighting Lane Single, and is not likely a factor for purchases of LL Multi.
2. The area brings in next to no revenue from merchandise sales.
3. Existing restaurant infrastructure reduces costs for new restaurant.
4. The backstage area requires very little change to accommodate the coaster.
5. There are other future plans for Animation Courtyard.
Bolded is what I hate about the way those in Burbank look at the parks now. Theming and how the IP fits don't matter anymore. It's how much money can they charge people to ride these new attractions.

Disney Analyst

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom