News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

tanc

It would be poor taste for Disney to get rid of muppets since it’s one of the last things Henson ever worked on. Then again nothing about this company surprises me anymore. Regardless, it would be the biggest middle finger to muppet fans imaginable. MV is quintessential MGM studios, when the park was actually coherent in theme.

Bleed0range

It really annoys me that Disney announce these things but not where it’s going. Now they have upset a ton of fans and created a negative discourse with both this and the cars attraction in MK. They handle these announcements in the worst possible way.

SCOTLORR

My money is still on AC For monsters. Muppetvision may not be long for this world but it should have at least until the next D23 in 2026. By then they’ll be ready to announce a new muppets show somewhere on property, allowing them to transform grand avenue at that point to whatever the second mini land is. MANIFEST IT

CJR

I say, if Disney does have plans for AC, why not start with those and do Monster's after? It's not like Monster's Inc 3: Peak and Boo is coming out soon.

The truth is that they were unwilling to commit to those plans. If it really is The Simpsons, I'd give them a small pass. I'm a bit doubtful on that though.

ToTBellHop

It would be poor taste for Disney to get rid of muppets since it’s one of the last things Henson ever worked on. Then again nothing about this company surprises me anymore. Regardless, it would be the biggest middle finger to muppet fans imaginable. MV is quintessential MGM studios, when the park was actually coherent in theme.
They can’t keep it there forever just because Jim worked on it. That really shouldn’t be a reason to keep something. Maybe Library of Congress will want a recording.

doctornick

I say, if Disney does have plans for AC, why not start with those and do Monster's after? It's not like Monster's Inc 3: Peak and Boo is coming out soon.

This is ultimately my thought. If they don’t want to put Monsters in on the Animation Building footprint then fine. But then instead they should build whatever is going on the Animation building footprint now first. Once that is done and you have a proper connection to the RNR area, you can start talking about changing Muppets.

LSLS

The truth is that they were unwilling to commit to those plans. If it really is The Simpsons, I'd give them a small pass. I'm a bit doubtful on that though.
That area is significantly larger. My guess is this cost a lot less, and with the larger lands in MK coming already, they didn't want to budget THAT much at once.

bwr827

It really annoys me that Disney announce these things but not where it’s going. Now they have upset a ton of fans and created a negative discourse with both this and the cars attraction in MK. They handle these announcements in the worst possible way.
I’ve yet to see positive discourse here regarding any Disney announcement. Forum is gonna forum.

Magenta Panther

They can’t keep it there forever just because Jim worked on it. That really shouldn’t be a reason to keep something. Maybe Library of Congress will want a recording.
Thank you. People need to stop treating that attraction like some sort of shrine, jeez.

Maybe Henson's kids - who have gotta be rolling in dough since they sold their dad's characters twice - can buy the theater and put it someplace. Maybe build their own theme park or something. Or maybe Sesame Place would want it. Or maybe some other theme park. Or whatever.

Basil of Baker Street

I wonder if all of this could be used and save Muppets for possible GE Expansion. Would that be too much?

1723813304557.png

doctornick

Tons of offices and parking they don’t want to move.

But, could they? Sure. They just won’t right now.

In Disneyland they have no problems moving people to off site or even doing crazy stuff like taking the horses for Main Street and driving them in every single morning. People have to park off site and get shuttled in to go to work every day? It's fine. As long as they can use the space as efficiently as possible to pack the park.

But at WDW: move a few folks out of office space to use that for guest room in a park? Heavens no.

ToTBellHop

In Disneyland they have no problems moving people to off site or even doing crazy stuff like taking the horses for Main Street and driving them in every single morning. People have to park off site and get shuttled in to go to work every day? It's fine. As long as they can use the space as efficiently as possible to pack the park.

But at WDW: move a few folks out of office space to use that for guest room in a park? Heavens no.
It’s outrageous and should be unacceptable. But, people get comfortable. So, DHS will stay under built and poorly organized. ”We will fix that next decade,” will continue to be the response to that criticism for a few more decades.

doctornick

It’s outrageous and should be unacceptable. But, people get comfortable. So, DHS will stay under built and poorly organized. ”We will fix that next decade,” will continue to be the response to that criticism for a few more decades.

I mean, do people who work in the former Animation building have specific parks functions where they need to be onsite? I'm under the impression that they don't (anyone can feel free to correct me) and they could be just as easily served by an office in another location.

If that is true, then it preposterous to not move them immediately and tear that building down to expand the guest areas of the park. DHS is already kind of cramped with not enough stuff to do and poor guest flow due to dead ends. Removing the entire old Animation Building structure (not just Launch Bay) as well as parking that doesn't need to be within park boundaries is such a no brainer for the park's needs that it is infuriating that they are even talking about removing a currently used attraction for "expansion" instead.

ToTBellHop

I mean, do people who work in the former Animation building have specific parks functions where they need to be onsite? I'm under the impression that they don't (anyone can feel free to correct me) and they could be just as easily served by an office in another location.

If that is true, then it preposterous to not move them immediately and tear that building down to expand the guest areas of the park. DHS is already kind of cramped with not enough stuff to do and poor guest flow due to dead ends. Removing the entire old Animation Building structure (not just Launch Bay) as well as parking that doesn't need to be within park boundaries is such a no brainer for the park's needs that it is infuriating that they are even talking about removing a currently used attraction for "expansion" instead.
They could move but you’d need to budget rebuilding all of that stuff which they just aren’t budgeting for in this project. The next CEO can find that money. Or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom