News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

JD80

One of the great things about the Muppets is that there is so much you can do with them, they are not tied to one genre and can be made to appeal to a broad audience. They are also timeless, they can work in any era.

Muppets is an interesting IP. It's so ingrained into the zeitgeist that it still sells merch but not as popular enough to take eyeballs from shows like Bluey or Percy Jackson.

Variety shows or other nightly "Live" shows is a genre dying with linear tv.

Tha Realest

But we were told the project is "shovel ready" and that "dirt was already moving" on all of the projects!

Disney is a shell of its former self. This is a good idea for a ride, and has been for over a decade. They should use Muppet Courtyard, and turn Hall of Presidents into an American History show hosted by the muppets.

Start immediately on both projects.
Oh, the shovels are moving something, but it’s not dirt.

GenChi

We're intentionally getting conflicting information because there's obviously two high-level employee/executive factions still internally fighting over this. One wants in MC, one wants in AC. They are fighting for many different reasons such as costs, having to move office locations, future expansion ideas in the two plots, even wanting to just preserve Muppetvision. If the location was known they would have announced this with the Monsters blog post a few days after D23 like they did with Cars.

News and "leaks" are meant to conflict with each other because each side wants to get over the other. The articles and social media campaign to save MV was very planned and got the backlash they wanted, with connections to influencers and even journalists to set it up up to a month before D23. That response might save MV, but at the very least will ensure Muppets will have some attraction going forward.

I wouldn't be surprised if it still isn't decided, there's no indication it is. Whoever is supporting MV is going to fight for it until the very end too, as I think they have since they first planned it there. So really, we can't know anything about this until it comes from the mouse's mouth. Which can be tomorrow, or months from now, who really knows.

bwr827

Idk if this has been said but I have a theory there’s going to be a portion on the coaster where you “go through” a door and you’re in the snow with the abominable snowman and then you go through another day back to the factory
That would be spectacular!

Sneaky

News and "leaks" are meant to conflict with each other because each side wants to get over the other. The articles and social media campaign to save MV was very planned and got the backlash they wanted, with connections to influencers and even journalists to set it up up to a month before D23. That response might save MV, but at the very least will ensure Muppets will have some attraction going forward
Damn. This situation gets crazier and crazier. Good on those imagineers for sensing ahead that this is a bad move and trying to stop it. As for the “ensure muppets will have some atttaction” part, I’m curious as to what this means. Well, we’ll find out. It seems this is only beginning.

Sneaky

Attachments

• IMG_3119.jpeg
    IMG_3119.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 46

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We're intentionally getting conflicting information because there's obviously two high-level employee/executive factions still internally fighting over this. One wants in MC, one wants in AC. They are fighting for many different reasons such as costs, having to move office locations, future expansion ideas in the two plots, even wanting to just preserve Muppetvision. If the location was known they would have announced this with the Monsters blog post a few days after D23 like they did with Cars.

News and "leaks" are meant to conflict with each other because each side wants to get over the other. The articles and social media campaign to save MV was very planned and got the backlash they wanted, with connections to influencers and even journalists to set it up up to a month before D23. That response might save MV, but at the very least will ensure Muppets will have some attraction going forward.

I wouldn't be surprised if it still isn't decided, there's no indication it is. Whoever is supporting MV is going to fight for it until the very end too, as I think they have since they first planned it there. So really, we can't know anything about this until it comes from the mouse's mouth. Which can be tomorrow, or months from now, who really knows.
Is the office space really an issue that could sway a decision? I would hope not. Is there anyone important enough in those offices that could actually influence the decision? I get that there are costs associated with relocating offices but they are dropping billions on theme parks so that cost cannot be anything more than a rounding error.

If this response proves Muppets is still popular, instead of replacing Muppets Courtyard and cramming the Muppets somewhere else in the parks why not keep Muppet Vision and add a new ride and/or play area for kids to go from a mini-land to a full blown land. Splash area, slides, interactive houses maybe even a simple dark ride or some form of flat ride(s). We all know the park needs more for kids without height restrictions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom